The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

So they fit right in? lol.

If they decide to honor a lot of fans wishes and not recast T'Challa this might be the direction for BP 2 more than anything rumor or not.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah we are more than likely are not getting any news on BP until possibly by the end of the year or next year maybe at SDCC. Which I think will be a more appropriate move for Marvel.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

If they do that the numbers are gonna suck and they're gonna blame black men. The Shuri character can not carry a movie plain and simple. It's gonna feel hollow and I think men in general are completely over being shamed for their preferences. We saw this with AWIT. Stomp your feet and get upset all you want but if I ain't feeling it I ain't feeling it period.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Anyone watching “Lovecraft Country?” I like it, so far.

I also watched the first episode of “Raised By Wolves.” Good. But ...
    of course the brother dies in the first episode

5. samson1701

What is, “AWIT?”

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

7. RicardoCooper

Amazing how many peeps throw Wesley under the bus. No, millennials did not do anything first.

8. RicardoCooper

I always thought there should have been a Queen Panther with the same powers as T'Challa to provide royal heirs with the same abilities. But noooooo they put him with Storm in the comics

9. samson1701

10. RicardoCooper

The MCU already lost me with the gay black Eternal just like Solo lost me with the pansexual Lando

I'm in for:

Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    WandaVision
    Black Widow

And that's it. The rest is on a case by case basis.

I just saw an item in passing about transsexuals being in the MCU now. Plus all this woke bullshit from the new comics is beginning to seep in like America Chavez. Captain Marvel was bad enough. No thanks. Endgame was a fitting jumping-off point.

11. RicardoCooper

Feige already said that Captain Marvel was going to be the strongest in the MCU (they had to de-power Thor & Hulk to do it) and that she'd be the focal point going forward. Another reason to quit watching

12. RicardoCooper

" A Wrinkle In Time." Took me a minute, too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Saw the first episode & will watch the remainder of the series once the season is done.

Raised By Wolves

All 3 black folks caught the big L (the android, one of the Kids & the cleric). It's Ridley Scott so no big surprise.

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Keep watching

15. jerome kent

jerome kent New Member

If you think them making Phastos gay is bad they go even further by taking Macari, a character who in the comics is a red headed white guy, and casting a black WOMAN as that character!!

• List
  16. samson1701

I think that’s what the Doramilajai were supposed to be. They were his wives who doubled as his elite personal guard. If true, you know that wasn’t going to fly in today’s climate.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Wow. Not at all entitled ......

The Boys Season 2 Is Being Review-Bombed on Amazon Due to Its Release Schedule.

Season 2 of Amazon Studios' The Boys was certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with a 97% rating. However, reviews on Amazon have been telling a different story.

Season 2 of The Boys debuted on Sept. 4, but fans have not been impressed with its release schedule. Therefore, viewers have been review-bombing the show’s Amazon rating, leaving it with an average score of 2.7 out of five stars.

The first season of The Boys released on Amazon Prime Video all at once, allowing fans to binge through the entire season in one sitting. However, Season 2 has adopted a different schedule. The first three episodes of the season were released on Friday, Sept. 4, while the remaining five episodes are expected to release on a weekly basis beginning Sept. 11. This new release schedule has irked some fans of the show who have expressed their grievances through The Boys' Amazon rating.

"This is 2020…. We don’t want staggered releases of episodes!!" one reviewer wrote. "What a shame, I was looking forward in watching it… now I’ll just skip it and wait for it to be cancelled, then I can watch them all without any interruptions."

Other reviewers have even threatened to cancel their Amazon Prime subscription and move onto other streaming services because of the staggered release schedule.

"NO FULL SEASON AVAILABLE?!?!?!?! I give up, where is my Netflix!" a viewer wrote.

"Not sure what moron decided this would be a good idea but it is the worst idea ever," wrote another reviewer. "For now I wait until the end of season and BINGE the way I prefer. If this trend continues into other shows i.e. Sneaky Pete I will cancel my prime subscription. And move on to Disney/Hulu and will just download my amazon series from other places."

Some reviews even go as far as to say the series deserves a five-star rating, but the release schedule makes it harder to rate higher than a one.

"Bingeing is like jumping into a lake from the mountain top and this stingy weekly episode thing is like sitting in a bathtub," one review reads. "Totally different experiences. Just to be clear, season-2 gets full 5 stars. But Amazon is now my public enemy no-1 for not dropping all the episodes at once. It feels like I am transported back to the dark middle ages, waiting for weekly episodes to arrive. I mean what do I do with all those snacks and food I got delivered to last for 12 hours? If only there was a way I could punish Amazon for this deception, oh yeah, barnes&noble, ebay, here I come..."

49 percent of reviewers gave The Boys a one-star rating on Amazon's customer review page, while 35 percent gave the show five out of five stars.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Pretty Much Every BLACK PANTHER Comic Book Ever Is Currently Available For Free On Comixology

[​IMG]

Since the tragic and sudden death of Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman last month, we've seen a lot of touching tributes find their way online for the actor. Comixology, however, has unexpectedly - and quietly - decided to make nearly every single issue featuring the hero (in his solo adventures rather than team-ups with other heroes) available completely free of charge.

These range from the early series written and illustrated by Jack Kirby to Ta-Nehisi Coates' recent, critically acclaimed run. This gives fans the chance to delve into the character's comic book history and to read the stories which inspired the movie and Boseman's performance as King T'Challa.

It's a pretty incredible offer, and CBM staff actually picked up over $300 of Black Panther comic books last night for $0.00. Those included Christopher Priest's entire run, Reginald Hudlin and John Romita Jr.'s take on the hero's origin story, Coates' work, and even the Killmonger and Shuri comics.

This is definitely a fitting tribute for a King, and gives fans the chance to really delve into everything Black Panther. It's unlikely this offer will be around long, however, so you'd best act quickly. '

• List
  19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Saw Raised By Wolves and that first episode is amazing. I highly recommend it

20. RicardoCooper

The Dora Milaje was a latter day creation. The black man can't do shit without being surrounded by black women. One capable female counterpart would have done the job IMO

• Like Like x 1
    • List