The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

After I figured out the timeline crap, it got better. I am looking forward to the next season to see what else they do with it.

The order of the books is also confusing as hell. The book number doesn't necessarily match the correct order; some of the same books have different numbers. Some aren't numbered at all. I didn't know what the hell to read first (I haven't started them yet), but I did find out which order to read them according to the author if anyone's interested:

Here is a full recommended reading order:

1. The Last Wish
    2. Sword of Destiny
    3. Blood of Elves
    4. Time of Contempt
    5. Baptism of Fire
    6. The Swallow’s Tower
    7. Lady of the Lake
    8. Season of Storms

2. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I didn’t even realize they were books for the longest time. I played the games before & that’s why I was looking forward to the show. Have you read all of em?

3. Tamstrong

I haven't read any of them yet. It was somewhat recently that I found out what order they go in, and I haven't even bought them yet. I hoping to get to them this summer.

4. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I might give em a shot too. The concept has always been pretty interesting. Been a while since I got into a good book series.

5. Tamstrong

Most of the ratings are positive, so that's a good sign. Let me know what you think if you read them.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The timeline jumping around doesn’t bother me. It’s not hard to see what they’re trying to do and it’s cool. It’s. Just. So. Goofy at times. And, I hate Leolis ... er ... uh ... I meant the bard. Too silly. The song is nice, but it’s too modern sounding and it doesn’t fit the tone of the production.

I think it may be just me. I’m just not a fan of that kind of humor for this show. It just doesn’t “fit” to me. Hopefully the writing will save it as I get deeper into the episodes.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It may get better as it is just setting up the world this season.

8. meowkittenmeow

I only recently learned how to read. Are there many pictures in the books?

9. meowkittenmeow

It does get better, but the buddy cop/witcher thing is a tad cliche

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Thank you. So, I’m not the only one. The show would be so much better if were more serious.

Are the books or game that humorous?

11. meowkittenmeow

The game is rather serious. I’ve never read the books.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao I love that astute analogy

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The all-new Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is on Digital NOW.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Try "The Last Kingdom" when you're done with "The Witcher". You won't be disappointed. I'm not personally willing to go out on limb & say TLK is as good as GoT (Although I'm sure there are people on other forums & Reddit who will), but TLK is definitely way better than "The Witcher" or "Vikings".

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • List
  15. SilverSmith

NBC's The Blacklist To Use Comic Book-Style Animation to Conclude Season

Production on the seventh season of NBC's The Blacklist was suspended due to the Novel Cornavirus, but Sony Pictures TV has figured out how to complete an episode to serve as the season finale - they used "graphic novel-style animation" to complete the story.

Season 7’s 19th episode “The Kazanjian Brothers” was halted mid-principal production in New York when almost all TV production was shutdown due to COVID-19. Animation will be added to the already filmed live-action scenes to complete the story.

According to Deadline, cast members including James Spader and Megan Boone recorded dialogue from their homes for the animated versions of the new scenes, with editors and animators completing the work remotely.

The episode's logline: The Task Force investigates an accountant who works for lucrative criminals in order to find the violent and thuggish brothers hired for his protection. Liz must make a momentous decision. Presented in a unique hybrid of live-action and graphic novel-style animation.

“The Kazanjian Brothers” will air May 15. The series has already has been renewed for an eighth season when production can restart.

[​IMG]

https://www.newsarama.com/50086-nbc...-book-style-animation-to-conclude-season.html

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

Amazon Games Studio Sets Launch Date for Free-to-Play Shooter 'Crucible'

Amazon Games Studio has set a May 20 release date for its upcoming free-to-play, team-based shooter Crucible.

The latest title from Amazon's video game development division, which was founded in 2012, was developed by Relentless Studios, the Seattle-based dev team of Amazon Games. Crucible is the first of two planned game launches by Amazon Games in 2020 and will be followed by New World, a massively multiplayer role-playing title, which is due out in August.

In Crucible, players join teams of other users to "hunt opponents, take down hostile creatures, and capture objectives, all on a rogue planet at the edge of known space." At the start of each match, players will choose their own "hunter" from among a diverse array of human, alien and robot characters, each with their own unique abilities and advantages to collect "Essence," an element that increases their powers.

[​IMG]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...aunch-date-free-play-shooter-crucible-1293151

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  17. SilverSmith

Coming to Xbox Game Pass, The Medium hails from Blooper Team, which developed the Blair Witch video game. This new psychological horror follows a medium with the ability to see both the physical world and the spirit world.

18. meowkittenmeow

Is the Blair Witch game any good?

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Interesting and creative.

20. SilverSmith

The reviews were overwhelmingly tepid , which soured my enthusiasm for the game.