The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In that case muscle memory = intellect

If you already know something, execution is all you need. lol

Kinda like when Sheldon Cooper's car broke down. Nothing but a bunch of geniuses in the car that understood how it works.

What they lacked was the ability needed in the execution. Does that mean that they were not intelligent?

A mechanic with a GED could have got the job done before all of them guys putting their intellect together.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your conflating knowledge with intelligence, they aren't the same thing. A science textbook is full of knowledge but it requires an intelligence to use the knowledge. Batman has knowledge of dozens of different fighting styles, he knows how to use many different types of gadgets, tools, weapons (even guns) and he can speak 40 languages. However, it's his intelligence that tells him which fighting style, which gadgets and which language to use when he is fighting a 300-pound assassin on a rooftop in Prague.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm doing that? lol

It requires intelligence to understand the knowledge bro. LOL

Execution to use it. Kinda like why we have labs for engineering students.

Everyone in the lab has the knowledge and intellect but they are there for the execution because that isn't something you can get from a book, it's tacit knowledge.

Sounds like you are confusing intellect with tacit knowledge.

Anyway have fun with it.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Fair point, but Cap has as well... so I think Cap could take him.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So you agree, great.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think he probably could as well, I just don't think it would be an easy fight for either one of them.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nope, but it doesn't matter anyway......

8. meowkittenmeow

Fair point

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Black panther beats them both

10. meowkittenmeow

Comic book black panther could, yes.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Comic Books Return to Walmart

Press release:

Led by Walmart, collectible comic books are making their way back to mass-market retail. Allegiance Arts & Entertainment, a new Arkansas-based company, united fan-favorite creators from top global publishers to create original comics. Their four flagship titles arrive on May 5th at the Allegiance Arts display in the Walmart entertainment section.

Allegiance Arts' mission is to bring top-quality comics to an underserved audience.

“Heroic journeys are part of our storytelling DNA,” says Mitch Breitweiser, comic book veteran and co-founder of Allegiance Arts. “But new comics have mostly been absent from mass-market retail.” According to Breitweiser, trusted content and timeless stories are key to bringing this traditional American art form back to Walmart and filling a void in the market at a time when comic book content is more popular than ever.

The mission of Allegiance Arts attracted a star-studded team of creators. With credits including industry staples Spider-Man, Batman, and Catwoman—to name a few—as well as blockbuster movies, Allegiance Arts boasts a team of immensely talented veterans of comics, animation, and film.

For passionate creators, bringing a new lineup of original titles to mass retail is an opportunity to break ground in a new era of comics. With four flagship titles, there will be something for every kind of reader, from long-time collectors to new generations of fans.

U.S. Marshal Bass Reeves packs Western-style action-adventure into the story of the first black U.S. marshal of the Indian Territories, a bigger-than-life figure whose remarkable legend is made all the more impressive for being true.

Fantasy-adventure Norah’s Saga follows book-smart high school outcast, Norah, who must find her inner warrior to face-off with Norse gods and monsters that stand between her and home.

The Futurists brings 19th-century adventure to the 21st century, as three desperate and dangerous foes race against time and each other to escape a curse and seize control of their fates.

Finally, Red Rooster delivers classic detective thrills set in a Dust Bowl-era story of masked vigilantes, mystery, and redemption.

https://www.allegiancearts.com/news/comic-books-return-to-walmart

12. SilverSmith

First look at Assassin's Creed Valhalla, dropping late 2020.

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

THQ Nordic has announced the release date for the Destroy All Humans remake (pre-order at Amazon) and revealed the editions that will be available. What follows is an incoming transmission originating from somewhere between Earth and Mars:

“Greetings, fleshy Earth beings. Cryptosporidium here, though you skin-wrapped water wads can call me Crypto-137. I wanted to let you know that my Abducto Beam is finally ready and I’m journeying Earthwards right now. If my calculations are correct then P-Day – that’s Probe-Day to you mortal meat morsels – is set for July 28th, 2020. On that day I will officially Destroy All Humans! I’ll see you future-victims soon on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One!”

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

15. SilverSmith

Transformers Origin Project

[​IMG]

Josh Cooley (Toy Story 4) has signed on to direct a animated "theatrical prequel" to Paramount's long-running Transformers film franchise. First reported by Deadline, the film would be set on Cybertron and center on the relationship between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Ant-Man & the Wasp writers Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari have reportedly already completed the script for this Transformers origin.

No production timetable or release date has been specified.

Credit: Newsarama

16. meowkittenmeow

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

So, I'm on episode 4 of The Witcher. Does it ever, really, get good? Thus far, I'm not impressed. It's like Hercules: The Legendary Journeys with better actors and a bigger budget. GOT, this aint. Nice action, though.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. meowkittenmeow

It begins to pull it together in the last couple of episodes. The timeline jumping is a bit confusing.

20. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

The timeline jumping is my one big complaint. It was very random & the pacing of the episodes suffered cuz of it. It’s still a decent show but nothing exceptional.