The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

There is a sequel coming soon.

2. meowkittenmeow

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Venom sequel has been officially titled Venom: Let There Be Carnage and has been given a June 25, 2021 release date.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

Live Action One-Punch Man Movie in Development

A live-action film based on One-Punch Man is in development from the writers and lead producer of Sony Pictures' Venom, according to Variety. Writers Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner have reportedly reunited with veteran Marvel producers Avi and Ari Arad on this film for Sony.

Originally debuting as a webcomic, manga-ka ONE's One-Punch Man quickly went from web to print, and expanded into a hit Anime and video game franchise as well.

[​IMG]

Credit: Newsarama

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Snowpiercer: Official Trailer #2 | TNT

6. SilverSmith

Avatar: The Last Airbender Returning to Netflix

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. All three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender are coming to Netflix in the US on May 15th.

Originally broadcast on Nickelodeon from 2005-2008, Avatar: The Last Airbender was co-created by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko and takes place in a medieval fantasy realm (loosely based on Asia) where certain people are capable of controlling one of the four classic elements: Water, earth, fire, or air.

Only one person at a time is capable of using all four; that person is called the Avatar, and when the Avatar dies they are reincarnated into the next generation so there's always someone around to keep balance in the world.

The titular protagonist of A:TLA is Aang who was frozen in a block of ice for 100 years after his people, the airbenders, were wiped out in a genocidal attack. Aang now finds himself in a world consumed by war, and must work with friends like Katara and Sokka to end the war and restore balance.

[​IMG]

Source: Entertainment Weekly

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

something to look forward to

8. SilverSmith

Sony Pushes Back Spider-Man Movies, Disney Changes Marvel Dates

Hollywood studios are shuffling more release dates as a result of the coronavirus, including sequels to “Doctor Strange,” “Spider-Man: Far From Home” and “Into the Spider-Verse.”

Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” the sequel to the 2016 Benedict Cumberbatch film, has been pushed back from November 2021 to March 2022.

Sony said its live-action Spider-Man, the third in the Tom Holland series, is being delayed from July 2021 to November 2021. The animated “Spider-Verse” sequel is now dated for October 2022, back from its original April 2022 release.

[​IMG]

https://fox6now.com/2020/04/24/rele...-films-shuffled-as-result-of-the-coronavirus/

9. SilverSmith

Green Lantern HBO MAX Series

DC Comics' Geoff Johns is set to produce a new Green Lantern HBO Max series. His company Mad Ghost Productions listed the project on their website along with a lot of the other CW/HBO Max/DC Universe shows. Last year, the project got announced by Wanermedia for their upcoming streaming serviced, but now more details are being made concrete. DC TV producer Greg Berlanti and Berlanti Productions are going to be heavily involved.

Two different Lanterns are set to be featured along with series favorite villain Sinestro. Both Berlanti and Johns know a ton about the Green Lantern mythos and each seems eager to get the ball rolling on the new show.

[​IMG]

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/green-lantern-hbo-max-geoff-johns-produce-new-series/

10. SilverSmith

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The final season premeries Wed, May 27th.

[​IMG]

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Nerds from across the pound debate the real questions......lol

12. SilverSmith

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think Batman could beat God.

God wouldn't recognize Bruce Wayne in the mask and therefore would underestimate the Kung-Fu master. He can always hit the smoke button on the utility belt then throw an uppercut.

14. SilverSmith

Kaboom!
    Justice League Dark: Apokolips War arrives on digital in one week and Blu-ray 5/19.

[​IMG]

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The old debate about Batman winning against anyone if he had the prep time is kind of a copout in my book. We could send a man to pluto if we had enough prep time, but if any of the MCU heroes suddenly attacked Batman (DCEU) How would he fare? In my opinion, he would definitely beat Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, Star-Lord, Rocket, and Mantis, he would have a 50/50 chance against Captain America, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Gamora, and Nebula, and he would require a bit of luck to beat Iron Man, War Machine, Drax, Groot, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and The Wasp. He would definitely lose against Hulk, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, And The Vision.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I agree with most of this except.......I'm giving him 50/50 against Black Widow. He would need a bit of luck to beat Captain America, quite a bit of it actually.
    He would definitely lose to Iron Man. Not saying that because I'm a fan, Iron Man's weapons are solid. One hit with the wrong weapon and Bats will fold hard.

Cap is like a Navy Seal on roids. A lucky hit in a soft spot is needed to drop him.

17. meowkittenmeow

He would wash Black Widow. If he can handle the Al Ghuls, who have hundreds of years of fighting experience, then he could literally end Black Widow.

As far as Cap, Cap is like a collection of special forces combined with steroids combined with super steroids. So, cap would end Batman.

I agree with you in regards to Iron Man. Prime Tony would either end Prime Batman or would have a draw depending on if Batman used one of his Waynetech armored suits. But, to my understanding, Tony’s suits are decades beyond Waynetech, so if they did battle, Tony would probably win.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Batman may not be as strong as Cap but he is smarter, and he is used to fighting opponents that are stronger than himself so i think it would be a challenge for both of them.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Smarter? Lol

Fighting is more about knowing, experience and execution not intellect.

Intellect only matters when you are commanding a group during a fight.

Good fighters develop a feel for basic mechanical physics just like an ice skater. None of it is actual intellect.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Intelligence is the ability to use what you know and your experience to your advantage. So Batman being better at "smarts" than Cap would give him an advantage in that area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List