The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

AMC released today the opening minutes of the mid-season return of The Walking Dead Season 10, premiering Sunday, February 23 at 9:00 p.m.

2. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

The Return of Man-Bat

DC is coming out with a brand new comic series centered around Man-Bat, the famous villain of Batman.

The book will follow his perspective as he goes on a rampage throughout Gotham and focuses on the struggles of Man-Bat/ Dr. Kirk Langstrom as he is challenged by the Gotham City Police Department, and, of course, Batman himself.

Man-Bat #1 is due out on May 6th, per Diamond Comics Distributors.

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Yep, they want Carol Danvers to be the new lead in the MCU. That's why she was so ridiculously OP in the movies.

I was marginally interested in seeing if they would revisit the Danvers/War Machine relationship from the comics when Captain Marvel was announced, but it became obvious that this wasn't going to happen when they started talking about Brie Larson as the new franchise lead. Even if it did happen, Larson is insufferable, plays the character terribly, and Don Cheadle obviously dislikes her based on the interviews together when they did the press tour for Endgame. So the chemistry would be shit anyway.

carol danvers war machine.jpg

The wake up call for Marvel is going to come with the next Thor movie IMO. A lot of fans are already pissed about what happened to Thor in Endgame. The Jane Foster/Female Thor arc from the newer comics is considered to be one of the worst storylines in that series. Men and women like Hemsworth as Thor. Nobody gives a shit about Jane Foster or Natalie Portman as an actress these days. She hasn't even been involved in the MCU since the second Thor movie. TF is the point of bringing her back making her the lead in a Thor movie?

..and the Shuri as Black Panther shit is just as dumb. The hardcore fans are already annoyed by the fact that Shuri is supposed to be smarter than Stark and Banner combined. Turning her into Black Panther would just be Mary Sue overload.

If Feige really does try to turn the MCU into the M-She-U, then this franchise is going down hard.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They are out of touch and it will shows. It's this basic the majority of American female consumers do not care about comic book movies playing to that crowd is dumb. Movies serve as escapism and women generally don't care about world saving heroes they don't care about epic battles at least not so much where they erase men and completely take over. Men however do. Every young boy tied a towel around his neck and pretended to be Superman. Reorganizing the entire franchise to suit the handful of little girls who did the same thing is not a good move.
    Well we all know they'll blame men when it's all said and done.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I doubt this is Kevin Feige's agenda. The Walt Disney Company is probably the most pro-LGBT of all the major Hollywood studios/corporations. There's no doubt in my mind this is a Disney agenda.

6. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

No, it's all Feige. Marvel's CEO Ike Perlmutter was the one preventing him from going full SJW. When Disney promoted Feige to Marvel's chief creative officer, Perlmutter lost most of his control over Marvel. He's just a figurehead for the studio now. At this point, Feige only answers to Bob Iger, who's basically a rubber stamp as long as Marvel keeps making money.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/11/12/kevin-feige-ike-perlmutter-controversy-diversity-mcu-marvel

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/kevin-feige-ike-perlmutter-marvel-disney-1203377802/

That's not to say that I'm a Perlmutter fan. Dude is a MAGA racist. Perlmutter was fervently opposed to the Black Panther movie, and he's also the reason that Black Widow didn't get her own film until phase four. Bob Iger confirmed that he overruled Perlmutter on putting Black Panther into production.

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/black-widow-merchandise-marvel-trump-supporter-ceo-1201901100/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...king-black-panther-and-captain-marvel-movies/

Perlmutter was also notoriously cheap and nearly ruined Captain America: Civil War by trying get rid of Robert Downey Jr. to avoid paying his salary in a non-Avengers movie.

Despite his issues, Perlmutter was in fact reining Feige in on going full retard with the "diversity" angle though. Their adversarial relationship might have made the MCU better than it would have been with either one in full creative control.

Yeah, Disney is pro-faux inclusiveness, but they also care about the bottom line. When Kathleen Kennedy took the "force is female" shit too far, Iger started directly intervening in Star Wars production and pushing back on her ideas. Now that Obi Wan is on hiatus, she's not directly producing anything at Lucasfilm other than the new Indiana Jones movie, which she was already contractually obligated to do.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Come on we know what that means the ability to speak freely without obsessing over white sensibilities. Shit having black friends it has always been weird to me that Iris and Wally never had any black friends in major city not a single one. Neither ever dated or even commented on good looking black people. Kind of odd when you think about it.

10. SilverSmith

Superman: Red Son

Warner Bros has dropped a new clip from Superman: Red Son which features a newsreel, showing off Supes' powers in service to Starlin's Soviet Union. ??, ?????!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  11. SilverSmith

Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 is here… and a new Deadpool skin is coming! [​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Tying into the upcoming Black Widow film, Taskmaster is getting his own title in April.

TASKMASTER #1

Taskmaster has murdered Maria Hill.

Or at least that’s what the whole world thinks. Now the greatest spies in the business are hunting him down and won’t stop until he's dead or clears his own name.

13. SilverSmith

STRANGE ADVENTURES Trailer Pits ADAM STRANGE Against 'Himself

DC has released a trailer for its upcoming Strange Adventures Black Label series from Tom King, Mitch Gerads, and Evan 'Doc' Shaner, in the form of an in-universe style for commercial Adam Strange's autobiography.

14. SilverSmith

Netflix and Hasbro have released the first trailer for new original anime series Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege.

15. SilverSmith

In Plunge, Joe Hill teams with celebrated artist Stuart Immonen to tell the terrifying tale of the Derleth, whose crew miraculously returns after 40 years lost at sea—transformed by a mysterious infection, capable of stunning feats of mathematics, and stripped of nearly all their humanity.

16. SilverSmith

Spider-Woman # 1, on sale Wednesday, March 18, marks the start of a new ongoing series for the character, written by Karla Pacheco with art by Pere Pérez.

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I think I want to make comics that are targeted towards boys and men, again. Something that doesn't have to worry about appealing to women. I mean, it wouldn't be anti-woman or anything like that. But, ikt would tell the stories in a male centered way with artwork that doesn't shy away from the sexi-ness of the female characters. It wouldn't try to cater to girls'/women's taste. It would just tell great, relative stories, with awesome art and action.

The big question is, is there a market for that anymore? Comics don't sell like they did back in the day and I'm not sure if the male audience is interested in that kind of comic in today's world? Guys are soft as baby shit now days.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Agree with them being soft. Seems like a Wolverine wouldn't even fit anymore. If I start reading again I want to see blood and Gore but that's just me. Ridiculous that sexuality is an issue. Who reads to see kissing and a soap opera type of dynamics? I thought that stuff was just side bar.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The punisher must be considered toxic masclinity these days. I want to see him chop heads off with a 50 cal.

Guess that's why I'm interested in death stroke. Dude seems real af.

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Digital comics would probably do well. If you are good at storytelling and can hire an illustrator, you might be in business.