The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Dude, I’ve seen arguments that the black panthers, malcolm x, etc. were all examples of toxic masculinity. So, take it with a grain of salt.

As far as comics go, they are trying to expand their audience so that they can survive and avoid almost going bankrupt again. I get it. But, this is a great time for raw indie comics. And I am here for that shit.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's what's up. You pointed me in the right direction. I wasn't aware of the indie comics. That's the direction that I'm going to go for sure. I saw some interesting stuff that fast.

And that's a very strange way for someone to describe Malcolm X apparently having balls is never allowed under any circumstances. Let me pass that message on to the military so China can kick our asses and make us slaves.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Yeah, indie comics are great. That and indie graphic novels. They will probably be turned into great films in a decade or less. So, hop on board now.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Press release:

In 1975, writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum changed the comics landscape forever with Giant-Size X-Men #1. This special issue marked a new genesis for the team, introduced iconic Marvel characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, and set the X-Men on the path to becoming the cultural powerhouses they are today. Now, 45 years later, Marvel Comics is honoring this landmark issue in an extraordinary way with the help of 37 of the industry's top artists. Each pulse-pounding page of this unforgettable issue will be re-envisioned by artists such as Alex Ross, Carmen Carnero, and Mark Brooks. This diverse group of talent have joined together to pay homage to this comic book masterpiece by redrawing Cockrum's original art in their own unique styles.

5. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

New Thanos Collection by Marvel Comics

''Annihilus has invaded the universe and the only one that can stop him is Thanos. Thanos is known for the desire of universal power and control, but can the Mad Titan make the ultimate sacrifice? Thanos’ all-powerful future self sets out to terrorize the past. His constant foil Adam Warlock, Pip the Troll, and Thanos’ brother Starfox set out to make things right.''

The hardcover collection is written by Thanos co-creator Jim Starlin. The book features art by Ron Lim, Starlin, and Alan Davis. The omnibus will be available with either a Starlin cover or cover by Dale Keown.

The 984-page collection will retail for $100.00, true believers.

Source: ICV2

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Damn none of the old school class of artists were asked to re-interpret any art? You'd have thought they could have gotten either John Byrne or Jim Lee to do a page since after Dave Cockrum they are the two artists most associated with the X-Men franchise.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching this week's episode of "The Flash" (season 6, episode 13). The show just had its first ever black victomhood reference. What was said was real shit, but it felt so out of place on the show & was unnecessary AF. I guess it was a heavy-handed reminder to the audience that this Chester P. Runk character, who's now part of Team Flash, is supposed to be black even though we can all clearly see he's a darkskinned BM.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Victimhood? Damn fam thought that was a real moment. Many of us feel like that. There are no second chances either be perfect or parish. I thought it was great that they depicted a character who felt and expressed that reality.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Hey, if these show's can be heavy handed with feminism, why not be the same with black issues? It felt a bit out of place to me, too. But, if it's good for their causes, it can be good for ours.

While I wish it had been better written, it was glad that it's there. Just wish the young brotha' wasn't so unsure of himself. But, Wally was cocky af. So, I'll let that slide. We can't all be "that guy."

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

That's a good-ass point. TV shows nowadays will be heavy-handed with feminism for no reason story-wise, they just do it to pander to a certain audience.

11. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monster Hunter Movie

Milla Jovovic and Tony Jaa take up weapons in new posters for director Paul W.S. Anderson's adaptation of the Capcom video game Monster Hunter.
    Here's studio Screen Gems' synopsis for the film, which also stars Tip ‘T.I.’ Harris, Meagan Good, Diego Boneta, Josh Helman, Jin Au-Yeung and Ron Perlman:

"Behind our world, there is another: a world of dangerous and powerful monsters that rule their domain with deadly ferocity. When Lt. Artemis (Milla Jovovich) and her elite unit are transported through a portal from our world to a new world, they are in for the shock of their lives. In her desperate attempt to get home, the brave lieutenant encounters a mysterious hunter (Tony Jaa), whose unique skills have allowed him to survive in this hostile land. Faced with relentless and terrifying attacks from the monsters, the warriors team up to fight back and find a way home."

As reported by Newsarama.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Right you are, Freddy. I for one am taking this new stuff on a case by case basis. The feminization and gay-if-i-cation of the MCU is well underway

Excited so far for Falcon and Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Black Widow. The rest, we'll see

13. SilverSmith

20th Century Studios has released a new “Escape” TV spot for The New Mutants, which features more footage from the April 3rd release.

14. SilverSmith

15. ColiBreh1

16. ColiBreh1

https://www.cbr.com/syfy-magicians-canceled-season-5/

Yeesh, isn't "The Magicians" Syfy's biggest show?

17. SilverSmith

MARVEL Future Revolution Marks Marvel's First Open World RPG on Mobile

Press release:

Marvel Games and Netmarble Corp., the company behind the long-running mobile game MARVEL Future Fight, announced they were collaborating on another game during PAX East. Featuring an all-new original storyline, MARVEL Future Revolution is Marvel’s first open-world game on mobile.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

*Plop*

'Director Matt Reeves just posted a few photos from the set of his forthcoming "The Batman" -- with RP in the suit, but more importantly ... showing off his sweet new ride.'

[​IMG]

' From a bird's-eye view, it kinda looks like a souped-up Chevy Camaro or maybe a Dodge from the late 60s.'

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. SilverSmith

A new story set in the world of The Dark Descent, Amnesia: Rebirth represents yet another evolutionary leap for Frictional Games, challenging players to remain calm in the face of ''unimaginable terror''.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member