Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

A must see.. that first 30 seconds tho.. <3

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Did you know...?
    No, how could we ever know.
    He was so up there, yet so low key, under that radar, until the end.

Vanessa loved this song and mentioned it.
    He determined he was going to learn it without one lesson, because he knew that would be too easy.
    So he taught himself, playing by ear, literally...
    And here is the result. Makes me weep...

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Memorial to be held at the Staples center on 2/24, in honor of Gigi and Kobe's numbers. (24 Butterflies)

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, here's a throwback track with Kobe as the guest rapper..

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  8. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Quite enjoying the backlash against Gayle King for trying ambush Lisa Leslie into calling Kobe a rapist.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

"If you want sympathy learn to sympathize"

Dude is correct! This whole poor Gayle thing is sickening to see. Harvey Levin is playing the same game on TMZ. Did people take it far in going after her? Not when you think about the fact they don't seem to care about Vanessa and her remaining children and the fact that CHILDREN also died in this horrific crash including her baby Gianna. Vanessa and probably their oldest Natalia have seen the tributes and unfortunately have probably run across these vile insensitive people. They're weren't thinking about them when they were going to get their minions to vilify him after his death, but we are supposed to feel sorry for the backlash Gayle, Felicia, Evan Rachel Wood, ect. are receiving. This is what privilege looks like.

From what they did MJ to what they are doing to Kobe. They didn't take into consideration the amount of fans both of these brothas have and what you see is Michael Jackson and Kobe Bryant fans and friends coming together against these fake woke, hypocritical privilege elitist and becoming ACTUALLY woke about this anti black male crusade they're on. It's beautiful to see so many people waking up to the target the target they put on black men's backs and all it took for them was to go after the wrong ones.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if (but highly doubt) Lisa was foretold there would be questions about Kobe over the rape, or if Gayle ambushed her.

Was the interview meant to be a tribute one? I would think so, because one would think that Lisa was far removed from Kobe in the sense that she would offer any constructive dialogue towards the rape situation, so why ask her about it?. Unless Lisa specifically said "I want to talk about it" why would Gayle bring it up with her.

Problem is, this is escalating beyond a degree anticipated. Gayle has gotten death threats and Oprah has provided her with additional security, and now Oprah is being dragged by black Twitter, calling her a former crackhead (which she admitted to) and former prostitute. (Which Kitty Kelley wrote in her Biography on Oprah).

The umbrance is her heavily promoted and lauded documentaries on both MJ and Russell Simmons, while ignoring this guy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not to forget this guy.. whom she intimately co-hosted with for 8 years...
    [​IMG]

Feb 2017

She and others even had a nickname for him..
    Coworkers of Charlie Rose, including Gayle King, called him “Charlie Fuckin’ Rose” he admitted during a November deposition in the case brought by former employees accusing him of sexual harassment.

Yet exhibited "shock/horror" o_O ...
    Nov 2017

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yep, escalating...

"Back the **** off!' Former US Ambassador Susan Rice warns Snoop Dogg to stop attacking Gayle King for her Kobe Bryant Rape case interview and says "you come for her, you will lose and it won't be pretty"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Others have come to King's defense, including CBS News President Susan Zirinsky, New Yorker writer Jelani Cobb and New Jersey senator Corey Booker.'

King was publicly criticized for the interview by Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent and Bill Cosby - who tweeted from jail.

In a profane video posted on Instagram and shared on other social media platforms, Snoop Dogg criticized King for attacking 'your people'.

He told her to 'back off ... before we come get you'.

On Saturday, Snoop Dogg responded with a message on his Instagram that said he meant King no harm.

'I'm a non-violent person. When I said what I said, I spoke for the people who felt that that Gayle was very disrespectful toward Kobe and his family,' he said.

'I didn't want no harm to come to her, I didn't threaten her.'

He added: 'We speak from the heart. Some of you who have no heart don't understand that.'

- From Gayle's Boss, CBS Chief, Susan Zirinsky:

'We fully support Gayle King and her integrity as a find the tjournalist.We find threats against her or any journalist doing their job reprehensible.
    The interview with Lisa Leslie was comprehensive and thoughtful. We are country where differences of opinion are welcome, but hateful and dangerous threats are completely unacceptable.'

- Corey Booker tweet:

'For those threatening her and inciting violence, stop it immediately. This is unacceptable. We must do better.'

NBC morning show host and MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' Willie Geist tweeted:

"The threats against Gayle King for asking a fair question in the course of a long interview are absolutely disgusting. Gayle is one of the most thoughtful people in our business'.

New Yorker writer Jelani Cobb tweeted:

"There was a way to disagree with King's questions 'without lapsing into misogyny, threats and ignorance'.

In an essay posted on the web site The Undefeated, Morehouse College journalism professor David Dennis Jr. wondered why it was two black women - King and Leslie - who were the ones publicly wrestling with this aspect of Bryan't legacy.

'We, myself included, have to take time in our healing to try to understand why we either forgave Bryant or never bothered to hold him accountable.
    It's fair to believe that the work Bryant put in for women in sports in the years since the rape allegation have shown true contrition and rehabilitation, but nothing will erase that night... To demand silence over the case does an injustice to the victims of sexual violence as well as the work Bryant did to try to make it right.'

[​IMG]

Honestly, this could have all been avoided if Gayle and others waited until his body was cold or buried. At least for the moment, respect the others on board who died if you can't Kobe.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  13. darkcurry

Snoop's explanation was just. And most of these responses especially the one by David Dennis, jr is an example why it was just.

A Black man accused = guilty has been the socially conditioned understanding for over 100s of years in this country and they are showing that it continues to be that way and black men are getting sick of it and fighting back against that ridiculous notion.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well, it didn't last long.
    Any fight back Snoop had was either K.O'd by Oprah's heavy industry hand or he magically matured in 48 hours.

Snoop Dogg says he's sorry to Gayle King for 'disrespectful' reaction to her Kobe Bryant reporting: 'I should have handled it way different than that'

Snoop Dogg has apologized for his foul-mouthed tirade berating CBS correspondent Gayle King for mentioning rape allegations against deceased NBA star Kobe Bryant.
    In his initial outburst, Snoop called King a 'funky, dog-haired bitch' and said, 'Back off, bitch, before we come get you.'

The 48-year-old rapper, in a video posted to Instagram on Wednesday said, that he 'overreacted,' adding:

"Two wrongs don't make no right; when you're wrong, you gotta fix it.
    So with that being said, Gayle King, I publicly tore you down by coming at you in a derogatory manner based off of emotions, me being angry at questions that you asked.
    I should have handled it way different than that - I was raised way better than that.

So I would like to apologize to you publicly for the language that I used and calling you out of your name and just being disrespectful.'

The rapper also wrote in the caption of an Instagram post:

'Had a talk with my momma thank u mamma ... 2 wrongs don’t make it right time to heal @gayleking Peace ? n love Praying for u and your family as well as Vanessa and the kids.'
    [​IMG]
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...on-Kobe-Bryant-reporting.html#article-7998157

*Sidenote: does he not check his background??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LOL, looking like...
    [​IMG]

16. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

The Kobe incident SHOULD have awakened black men to know who their true enemies are.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

People see what they want but when you take the whole scenario into account it should be clear as day. Ignoring facts just because they are ugly will cause a lot of pain but it's a choice. What we saw was clear proof. Whoever doesn't take heed is willfully hopeless, let them sink.

18. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

19. darkcurry

Exactly. It's also this cycle of blind hypocrisy that humans can't get out of. A lot of these people poppin their mouths off have an idol of their own that have been accused of doing something really bad OR have been proven to have done something really bad. But they will rush to defend them in a heartbeat.

I find the first part interesting...

because it was her friend who was going to testify that she was looking to set up a celebrity like this to get money out of them and one of her first targets was Eminem. And interesting that was EXACTLY what happened in the end... she got money for accusing a celebrity of r*pe.

So in the end her friends words was the thing that we ALL know actually happened. But it course for obvious reasons that goes ignored.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator