Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Jan 26, 2020.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Yeah, they mentioned that she proudly worked with Woody Allen.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

There was a lawyer on the news yesterday who's spent years doing litigation related to helicopters. He's in town to speak at a huge helicopter industry conference, or something like that. He basically said the accident had to be pilot error. He said the pilot probably flew the craft directly into the ground while disoriented. I hope that's not true, not that there's any way to make this better.

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

It’s really bad taste to talk bad of someone who has passed away (except of course the person was an obvious evil criminal). So I suggest we ignore the negative voices for once instead of reiterating what others are saying. Gives them unnecessary platform. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

JUST IN: Kobe Bryant will be 'inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame with the Class of 2020 as officials waive the customary vote' following his tragic death.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Excellent point. I didn't share my info to distract the pilot, but I see how maybe it looks that way. I am convinced.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Kobe is so fuccing lucky his rape scandal happened back in 2003-2004. I've always felt he never got the criticism that other black male celebs in the 2010's got. People only started bring it up the last couple years because of the #MeToo movement.

7. ColiBreh1

People mad because Kobe's fortune is gonna go to a non-BW. I've ALWAYS hated that dumb argument from BW & pro-black/B1 negros online because they be saying that BS as if black widowers/divorcees/baby mamas of rich BM be using the money to help the black community or something.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'd also argue that Blacks and Latinos should be collabing more anyway

9. ColiBreh1

??

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Isn't Vanessa Latina?

11. ColiBreh1

Yeah, why?

12. Madeleine

No, I’m talking about this whole #metoo thing people are digging up and what he might and might not have done and what other people are saying about it...IMO those things can be laid to rest now and we don’t need to be quoting that stuff here.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. Madeleine

My goodness, can you leave bw out of it for once. The man died a tragic death his wife of 20 years gets the money, period. There’s nothing more to say about it, colour has nothing to do with it.
    It’s like we can’t have a single conversation on this forum where it doesn’t turn back to bw. Why? Is that not weird for a bmww forum?

14. meowkittenmeow

I believe it is because we are oppressed by black women and treated like property due to the fact that the black community is a matriarchy (much like the white male patriarchy and white men). However, this thread isn’t really the time or the place for it, as it exists for mourning and remembering him.

I have suggested this before, but maybe create a thread specifically for such grievances.

15. meowkittenmeow

Well, I tried to
    Create the threads, but they were automatically deleted. So, I guess we can’t complain when threads get derailed.

correction: the patriarchy one was deleted but the matriarchy one is still up. I’ll ask a mod about it later.

update: that was deleted too. I tried.

I wrote this to the moderators:
    “Hello. I noticed the problem of threads being derailed while discussing patriarchal or matriarchal oppression. So, I decided to create a thread for each form, in order to mitigate the issue of thread derailing. I am not sure if it was the subject or the title. Would I be alright in creating a thread titled “Patriarchy” and a thread titles “Matriarchy”? As I noticed the two previous threads I attempted to make were deleted.

I could put them in the men’s locker room so that they don’t show up in search results.

I’ d also like to add that discussions of oppression do not equate to being “anti-race, gender, etc.”, but raise awareness and allow for positive discourse in the hopes of correcting oppressive social constructs and institutions.”

But, sometimes the language of the law creates a situation where things can’t be discussed as openly or as directly. Sometimes that happens. I tried @Madeleine . It is what it is.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• List
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I can't help but think you were young when that went down. It was as big a scandal as Tiger. There might not have been Facebook and Twitter, but there sure were Forums, AOL/Yahoo chatrooms, the internet, et al. And the media's undivided attention on him.

But yeah, he did get a pass as a Superstar athlete, you're right, the #metoo movement has a strong element of sympathy which didn't exist back then. It was very much he said / she said and definitely no "I believe her" or "all women should be believed". So you do make a valid point.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well that didn't take long, although it's been said for years about her and his money. There was a lot of backlash when she filed for divorce a second time and one of his reconciliation gifts included buying her mother a house - there was a lot of resentment about that. SMH.

They use that same crap complaint with Kanye and Kim, ignoring both Vanessa and Kim's kids are half black.

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

He got resentment for buying his family member a house??? People stay tripping SMH

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah. They felt like Vanessa and her mother were in cahoots to scam him.

But don't forget his parents also resented her, they felt like he was too young to get married... his father still did not speak to him as recently as last year, so can't even imagine what he's going through tonight ..not sure if his mom started speaking to him again but they didn't go to their son's wedding. Very sad.

Vanessa has more than paid (earned?) her dues, she went through a lot with him, despite people saying women will put up with a lot of side-shit when their man is Rich n famous.