The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It’s round two since the movie flopped. I found it difficult to care about it. The same goes for watchmen. But, good luck, stay safe, and let us know If the CGI sucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The concept alone is terrifying because you have to do calculations just to figure out where a planet will be at a certain time if you are trying to get there. Miss it and you're fucked for the rest of your short life. Radar won't do you much good until you get within a certain range.

3. meowkittenmeow

Hush. Enough of that silly devil talk. If they pray, they will make it there. And technically, since it’s science fiction, adding a little supernatural could work.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I enjoy what they do with fictional physics for the most part. When they tweak reality without going overboard is when it's best imo. The type of stuff that I can't get with is superman getting beat or batman being invincible ect...

If he can punch at the speed of light, that's a tremendous acceleration, then taking into account his mass which would have to be extremely dense. That's an incredible amount of force he is hitting with. We could have fun calculating how far you would fly on earth, if you were wearing vibranium and he hit you as hard as he could, and answering questions like does his punch have more force than Thanos used to pull the moon out of orbit is also interesting to me.

However when guys like that get beat by batman it's hilarious. Superman may be able to knock you clean off the planet, or at least some planets, if you do the physics. Then what? Keep fighting him? LOL

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Don't let Hulk grab you and for the love of life don't let Superman hit you. Hulk should try to spring off something so he can come at Superman fast and tackle him. If Hulk grabs Superman, he can win. If Superman hits hulk, he could send him out flying through space with nothing to stop him but the next gravitational field. This same force would likely send Superman flying off the planet too (Newton's third law), however this is no issue for him because he can fly.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A number of people thought the first episode was confounding and, dare I say, unremarkable. Having watched the Golden Compass movie a few years ago, I had little trouble following the plot.

7. SilverSmith

Xbox has announced the Xbox Live Gold January 2020 titles, which include two games for the Xbox One and two for the Xbox 360. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. SilverSmith

Based on the bestselling novel by Leigh Bardugo, this graphic novel adaptation brings to life Diana’s first adventure beyond the hidden shores of Themyscira.

9. SilverSmith

X-O Manowar, the high-flying, cosmic hero of the Valiant universe, returns in a new comic book miniseries March 2020 from Valiant Entertainment.

Written by Dennis Hallum and illustrated by Emilio Laiso, the upcoming relaunch has King Aric of Dacia evolve his abilities as X-O to confront a new threat endangering the entire planet. Hallum and Laiso will be joined by colorist Ruth Redmond and letterer Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But he's right though

12. samson1701

Is he, though? Context matters.

13. The Dark King

Dude superman moves at the speed of light game over

14. meowkittenmeow

15. samson1701

Still doesn't mean he's unbeatable. Who's Superman's greatest enemy?

16. The Dark King

Darkseid

17. meowkittenmeow

Superman’s personality does more damage to him than most ever could.

18. SilverSmith

The Winter Guard: "Russia's answer to the Avengers"

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Don't even let me get started on what would happen if Superman hit you at the speed of light and you were NOT wearing vibranium. Take a look at how much energy he would be toasting you with. You would no longer exist.

It's not debatable but please keep me laughing