The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

American Gods: Orlando Jones Fired From Show, Blasts Season 3 Showrunner

[​IMG]

Mr. Nancy actor Orlando Jones revealed his firing from American Gods and blasted Charles Eglee, the showrunner for Season 3.

Jones posted a video on Twitter in which he revealed. "September 10, 2018, I was fired from American Gods. There will be no more Mr. Nancy. Don't let these motherfuckers tell you they love Mr. Nancy; they don't." Jones went on to explain how the show's new showrunner -- who he did not explicitly name -- "thinks Mr. Nancy's angry, get shit done is the wrong message for black America. That's right, this white man sits in that decision-making chair. And I'm sure he has many black BFFs who are his advisors and made it clear to him that if they did not get rid of that angry god Mr. Nancy he'd start a Denmark Vesey uprising in this country. I mean, what else could it be?"

Jones went on to thank American Gods writer Neil Gaiman for letting him play Mr. Nancy and "opening the door for him to become a writer/producer on Season 2 of American Gods." He also thanked Bryan Fuller and Michael Green, who served as showrunners for the first season, and the fans.

In an interview with Deadline, the company insisted that the reason they let Jones go was purely plot related.

"The storylines of American Gods have continually shifted and evolved to reflect the complex mythology of the source material," said a spokesperson for the company. "Mr. Jones' option was not picked up because Mr. Nancy, among other characters, is not featured in the portion of the book we are focusing on within Season 3."

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

So, it was the character’s “toxic masculinity”?

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That's messed up. I don't know how it could be "plot related" since the book is supposedly the source material. Mr. Nancy's part in the story isn't finished, so it makes no sense to get rid of him. If he's not one of the "featured" characters, they would have bumped him back down to recurring status for the 3rd season if that's really what it was about. Are they just going to rework the story without him by killing him off or pretending he no longer exists, or to try to recast the part in the 4th season (none of which will work in my opinion), or what? Just another reason I prefer books to shows and movies run by idiots who seem to go out of their way to ruin every damn thing. smh

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A new trailer for the comic book debut of Iron Man 2020. The series kicks off on December 26th.

5. SilverSmith

Superman: Red Son

Warner Bros. Animation has dropped the trailer for Superman: Red Son, the next DC Universe Original Movie.

The animated film is an adaptation of the three-issue, 2003 miniseries. It's an Elseworlds tale that imagines a world where, instead of growing up in Kansas and fighting for “truth, justice, and the American Way,” an alien rocket lands in the USSR in the 1950s and Superman becomes a champion of Soviet values.

6. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Binge-watched this show over the weekend. No drop in quality with the move to Amazon. I think that this show could run 7-8 seasons and still be watchable assuming that the cast wants to work on it that long.

Solid season overall with multiple cliffhangers for season 5.

Most of this season doesn't take place in space. The bulk of the episodes are set on Ilus (new planet through the rings), Earth and Mars.

Chad Coleman briefly revises his role as Fred Johnson in the eighth episode. I think that his character will play a larger role in the next season though. Although, Chad Coleman is working on The Orville now, so I don't know if the two shows filming schedules conflict with each other.

Also, Amazon Bobbie Draper (played by cute Samoan Frankie Adams) has a fling with a brother that lasts a few episodes, but the relationship gets broken up when he takes a job off of Mars. However, it's possible we'll see the dude in the future.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  7. Frederick

Even sillier reason.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 7.47.37 PM.png

This is the motherfucker who thinks that he knows what's best for black America:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Frederick

There are multiple TV/film franchises being destroyed by the personal political agendas of the producers and studio execs.

It's ridiculous.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

50 Cent is Producing a Trill League Animated Series For Quibi
    https://www.superherohype.com/tv/47...cing-a-trill-league-animated-series-for-quibi

[​IMG]
    Everyone’s trying to get in on the superhero craze, and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is no exception. Via The Hollywood Reporter, the rapper/actor has just signed on to produce an animated adaptation of Anthony Piper’s Trill League superhero comic. The series will air on the upcoming mobile streaming service, Quibi.

Piper first came up with the concept for Trill League in 2012 after sketching a character named Trill Robin. He later fleshed out an entire team of black superheroes who were essentially remixes of DC A-listers. In 2015, Piper sought funding for a proper comic book with a Kickstarter that described the series as “a hilarious parody combining the world of superheroes, anime and hip-hop culture.” The campaign generated over $20,000, and Piper released the first Trill League graphic novel in 2017.

Jackson’s G-Unit Film & Television is producing Trill League alongside 3 Arts Entertainment and Lionsgate Television. Piper is also co-creating the cartoon with Jameel Saleem, who has previously worked on South Park and Disenchantment. This actually isn’t the first time that Piper has attempted to bring his comic to the small screen. He revealed to Complex in 2017 that he was going to pitch an adaptation to Adult Swim.

In addition to Trill League, Piper has also freelanced for Marvel in the past. He has also worked on titles like Domino, Uncanny X-Men, and Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Infinite Comic.

“As an artist and writer, I couldn’t be more excited to fulfill this lifelong dream of creating a world with voices which reflected the one I came from,” Piper said in a statement. “Working alongside my talented co-writer Jameel, as well as all of the partners involved (G-Unit, Lionsgate, Quibi, 3 Arts), this has been one of the dopest endeavors of my creative career.”

“Writing a show about black superheroes is a dream come true for me,” added Saleem. “And I couldn’t be luckier getting to do it with the brilliant Anthony Piper, who created this awesome world, and all the folks at G-Unit, Lionsgate, 3 Arts and Quibi. It’s going to be something special.”

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

God no, that twink. I thought this shit was cancelled

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

12. SilverSmith

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not optimistic about animation on Netflix anymore, The last few animated shows I was looking forward to went way too hard on the pandering and the agenda-driven character choices.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They're gonna ruin this but I'm willing to give it a try

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. He-Man and Man-at-Arms will probably be gay.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

Many critics have already proclaimed this to be the next great fantasy series after Game of Thrones.
    I'm really curious about it.

[​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. The Dark King

Anyone else watching His Dark Materials?

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

No. Why?

20. The Dark King

Just found it last night. Gonna start on it wanted to see if anyone else saw it before I started.