Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

All right, you called it correctly and the IR-friendly trailer
    dropped today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks like Shameik Moore and Isabel Moner will get there own separate love story in this which is good. It allows focus on that relationship.

3. SilverSmith

Amazon Studios Thriller The Voyeurs Starring Justice Smith and Sydney Sweeney Begins Filming

Synopsis:

When Pippa and Thomas (Sweeney and Smith) move into their dream apartment, they notice that their windows look directly into the apartment opposite – inviting them to witness the volatile relationship of the attractive couple across the street. But when they attempt to anonymously intercede in their lives, they unwittingly set in motion a chain of events that will lead to disaster.

The release date is presumably sometime in 2020.

[​IMG]

Link

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Angela Basset's Son in that "OtherHood" netflix movie is being played by a familiar/recognizable actor, so you should've mentioned his name. He's played by Sinqua Walls (The Dwayne Wade-looking nigga that played Kanan's Son/Ghost's Driver/Tasha's sidedude on the first 2 seasons of "Power"; he's also been a recurring or regular character on a bunch of other shows).

The chick named Angel in the film is played by Elizabeth Cappuccino.

• List
  5. darkcurry

Pretenders

A film student and his best friend land in trouble when they fall under the spell of a beautiful but mysterious actress.

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^ If I didn't know better . . . I would call that a love triangle lol

7. darkcurry

^^^ lol. It's hollywood's obsession. But she is a temptress and the movie looks pretty good though. Plus judging by the trailer and the read up on his character and the stills I posted it would appear that he's not a simp. So that gives me the green light to check this out.

Shameik Moore is balling right now with the films. Let It Snow is out now on netflix.

• List
  8. darkcurry

Same Time Next Christmas

9. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Newly released
    Waves
    Set against the vibrant landscape of South Florida, and featuring an astonishing ensemble of award-winning actors and breakouts alike, Waves traces the epic emotional journey of a suburban African-American family - led by a well-intentional but domineering father - as they navigate love, forgiveness and coming together in the aftermath of a loss. From acclaimed director Trey Edward Shults, Waves is a heartrending story about the universal capacity for compassion and growth even in the darkest of times.
    [​IMG]

For those of us that watched Euphoria you might recognize one of the stars of the film, Alex Demie. In case you forgot I know you remember the outfit.
    [​IMG]

She plays the girlfriend of the son in the movie.
    [​IMG]

10. SilverSmith

Wait, who's the other guy? A romantic rival?
    Noooooooooooooo!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. darkcurry

The premise and previews give no hint of it. Plus her and Charles are the lead characters.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I kinda disagree. When I looked up that Twitter hashtag #SameTimeNextChristmas a week or 2 ago, I saw a bunch of onset pics & video clips with Bryan Greenburg & Lea Michelle. Bryan Greenberg is too recognizable/familiar an actor to not have some type of major role in this TV movie, but since all the previous promos & casting news all promoted Charles Michael Davis & Lea Michelle as the leads, I didn't think nothing of it.

13. darkcurry

This is the concept of the movie: - https://deadline.com/2019/08/bryan-...ay-movie-same-time-next-christmas-1202664657/

"In the movie, Michele plays Olivia Henderson, a young woman who met her childhood sweetheart, played by Davis, during her family’s annual Christmas visit to Hawaii. After being separated by distance and years, the two reunite at the same Hawaii resort years later and the old chemistry between them flares up anew – but circumstances conspire to keep them apart.

Greenberg will play Gregg Harris, Olivia’s boyfriend, a super fit triathlete, dapper real estate agent who is always angling for the next big deal. He envisions him and Olivia as a super-team in Cincinnati real estate.

Davis is Jeff Cutler, a handsome, affable, charming young man — Olivia’s childhood friend and teenage heartthrob from their annual Christmas trips to Hawaii."

I don't really like when they try to create love stories out of couples that are already happy together, but Bryan Greenburg's character description to Leah's sound like a guy more focused on their careers rather than the relationship. But I don't know how they'll play his character for certain. If I have time I'll check it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Young Herschel

I am still watching this movie as I type this during a break. I was really intrigued by the trailer which prompted me to jailbreak my 4K Firestick so I could check it out :) :

Haven't got to the ending yet but the casting is curious if they really want us to believe that Sarah Butler's character is a faithful wife . . . that baby should have been cast to look more like Hank Baskett's little boy with Kendra Wilkenson but I don't know how this movie ends yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

Wow! That looks controversial as hell. Really interesting.

16. Young Herschel

It claims to be based on a true story too.

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Apparently, the second writer for the film was involved in the scenario. His father, I believe was in the same situation and he (the son) watched it unfold.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. darkcurry

Wild.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see that flick soon.

20. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Rediscovering Christmas (2019)

[​IMG]

(In Photo: Jessica Lowndes & B.J. Britt)

Sparks fly when a Boston department store window designer travels to her family's Connecticut town to help design its annual Snowflake Festival Christmas Eve dance and must work with the festival founders' stubborn but devoted grandson. (Premieres on Lifetime on December 15)