Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm in. Agent Trip from the first 2 seasons of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." & Adrianna from the CW's 90210 reboot series.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

This is a new Same Time, Next Christmas preview that introduces the boyfriend (Bryan Greenburg) of Olivia Henderson (Lea Michelle) and creates an internal conflict.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I just hope this isn't one of these films where they have cheating involved. That's not very romantic... or christmasy. lol.

We'll see this Thursday though. I'll be able to watch it live.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Great casting.

5. darkcurry

Sounds good.

6. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

This will not be the first time that Sterling K. Brown has smashed a white woman. He smashed Kate Hudson in the movie Marshall.

7. ColiBreh1

I'm finally watching "The World We Make" right now. I'm 43 minutes in & OMG this movie comes off as an afterschool special. It's heavy-handed & cringeworty, LOL. I groaned & chuckled when the female lead was telling her friend that dude she was going out with is "African-American" instead of just saying "black".

EDIT:

[​IMG] @Tsharp99 They really got an attractive biracial chick with natural long curly hair to play the angry black chick that whines about the black male lead dating a white chick. HORRIBLE CASTING!!! I don't even believe her when she says she has limited dating options. A chick like this normally has NO PROBLEMS getting attention from niggas.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Wait....they're still giving time to a black chick in these films talking about their men being taken?

9. darkcurry

Actually not. I have seen and heard some of those beautiful lightskinned and mixed models talk down on IR between black men and white women. I can't remember the one's name whom I have specifically seen said that in a tweet, but remember it has nothing to do with them not being able to get a man. That's a front. It's this indoctrinated thinking that has been instilled in them from other black women that think like that and teaches them that black men that date outside their race hates black women and white women can't be trusted. Once a mixed race girl is accepted as "black-black" they have that put in their heads.

There are white people that do prefer to say African American instead of black so it's not that far from believing. lol.

10. ColiBreh1

Lea Michele was on "Sway in the Morning" to promote "Same Time, Next Christmas":

11. darkcurry

Is a trailer out yet? I usually like to determine whether I'll tune in by the trailers.

12. SilverSmith

The trailer isn’t out yet, but I’m looking forward to watching it and going through a few comments — whether agreeable or otherwise.

13. ColiBreh1

Probably not. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind later on.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Damn. They're putting it on Netflix? I wanted to see it in theaters.

15. SilverSmith

I paused when I saw the poster, so I had to go back to the October 2018 article to recall that Netflix confirmed that it was going to adapt the novel into a screenplay.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  16. ColiBreh1

Lifetime finally put out a trailer (& music video) for "Rediscovering Christmas" within the last week or 2:

17. ColiBreh1

Yep & it's cringeworty AF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

Warner Bros. finally dropped a trailer for Christopher Nolan's "Tenet" today:

19. ColiBreh1

Here's the trailer for "Rent-an-Elf":

I started watching it last night. Terrible casting for the son/estranged wife. The estranged wife is white, but the actor playing the son is clearly not biracial. They either should've made the estranged wife black OR casted a biracial black male as the son.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

I still need to see that. Is there much of a visual for the scene?

Hoping the Lively-Brown scene is extended from the trailer.