The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

At last, HBO releases a teaser for its Watchmen series, which launches in the fall.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The red wig looks atrocious imo. lol. CW needs better designers in the costume department.

She's not terrible at acting but at least unlike some of these other actresses that are playing these female badasses Ruby Rose already have a great look to pull it off.

[​IMG]

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I think the wig looks like that on purpose. It's actually a part of the costume.

4. darkcurry

Yeah I know I just think they could've done it little better than that. That imo would only look good on the cartoon version.

5. SilverSmith

This afternoon, Disney announced the Captain Marvel Digital and Blu-ray dates. The film will be available on Digital May 28th and on Blu-ray June 11th.

Various editions:

[​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

All-new Marvel’s Agents of Shield Season 6 clip.
    The new season begins Friday, May 10th.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

First episode of season 6 of The 100 and they kill the 1 heterosexual black male. Every damn season without fail smh

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

Thursdays & Fridays are going to be Marvel Night!

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

LOL!!!

10. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

I'm already cowering in fear! LOL
    IT: Chapter 2

[​IMG]

12. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

How bad? Well, that doesn't look like Nakia or Storm to me, so pretty bad lol.

I was actually just learning about Yasuke a few weeks ago! He's a real historical character, but not much is known about him. So there's plenty of room for artistic license.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Oh snap Afro Samurai was real

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yasuke was definitely an, if not the, inspiration

• List
  16. meowkittenmeow

I remember from the extras that it was a mixture of that and Jim Kelly. The Japanese Animator always thought it was cool how black men wore the karate gi.

This isn't the exact video I saw, but he delves into some of the ways he came up with the idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. darkcurry

The only thing I don't like about it is that Jessica Chastain is in this. Meaning we have to here about her over the top feminist rhetoric during the promotion. You guys didn't like Brei Larson well Jessica makes Brei look bearable. lol.

But I seen this trailer twice today and I wish it was coming out this summer. Most definitely deserves to.

18. darkcurry

Context? Where is this pic from?

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

If you can't stand Jessica Chastain, you need to look up a lady named Grace Randolph who runs a YouTube/social media business called Beyond the Trailer. This lady SAVAGES Jessica Chastain.

This is just a taste.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/966361134403080192

Here's the full video.

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Grace has been laying into Jessica for years now. It's like Jessica Chastain must've bullied her in high school or something lol.

20. darkcurry

I didn't know if she was being serious or not. She actually makes some makes some good points on her. And comes across in this video more likable than Jessica.

But as long as she does the Beverly Marsh character justice just like the wonderful Sophia Lillis has then it(no pun intended) should be fine.

And now that I look at it I do think she was kind of miscast looks-wise as the adult Beverly Marsh. I don't know about Sarah Paulson though. Im thinking more of Amy Adams or Bryce Dallas Howard.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]