BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, these post from the "IR in Ads" thread got me thinking about the current season 7 of "Arrow". They're doing flashforward scenes as opposed to flashback scenes like they been doing the entire series before the current season. They reintroduced John Diggle Jr. as a young adult in the flashforward scenes the last few episodes & he's darkskin despite Lyla being he's mother:

https://twitter.com/pagmyst/status/1074410875216220160
    [​IMG]

It's such lazy casting. Why is he is way darker than he's black father?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wait, that dude is supposed to be a biracial character on the show? Wow, that is bad casting.

3. ColiBreh1

Just watched this week's episode of "Fam" (Season 1, Episode 7; Actually episode 4 if we're going by the correct production number order) @darkcurry. Another good episode. Flashbacks & I can't believe they used the term "Man Meat" on a network sitcom.

4. ColiBreh1

It's legit distracting & completely takes me out of the show whenever he's onscreen.

5. ColiBreh1

Watching this week's episode of "Legacies" (Season 1, Episode 11). They introduced yet ANOTHER IR triangle in this episode, except this time it consists of faculty members instead of students: Alaric, Emma Tig the witch school guidance counselor, & Dorian the Librarian/research assistant.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well that's the direction we are headed hopefully. I guess it's of the opinion but The Innocents is way more creative and engaging. And a IR Love Story that was beautiful.

7. darkcurry

I saw and DID not see that coming. But I don't really think it's a love triangle because her face at the end looked like she was sorry she mislead him.

I don't like The Rafael/Hope/Landon love "triangle". But that's not really a love triangle either because she TOTALLY does not feel the same way. I have a feeling Rafael's Alpha Wolf instincts are going to kick in high gear if he really wants her. He might try to take Landon out of the picture.

But I'm really loving Kaleb's development on the show. He is becoming pretty cool. Lizzy is rubbing off on me as well these last two episodes.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

For the same reason dark-skinned James and Florida somehow produced light-skinned Thelma and Michael. J.J. was the only kid on Good Times who looked like he was legit James and Florida's offspring

9. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The first couple of eps were way too broad, but now they've definitely settled into a rhythm and its actually very good. Nick and Clem really work as a couple. I'm rooting for this show now.

10. darkcurry

The ratings have been steady at 5.981 and the reviews have gotten better as the season went on.

11. ColiBreh1

That sounds like the amount of viewers. What is the actual ratings & share?

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Feb 15th ratings and share for Fam were 0.814 and 5.47, respectively, tying its one-time season low. This past Thursday's rating saw a 11% improvement, according to Nielsen: 0.9 share /5.68M ratings.

13. darkcurry

Sorry I meant that they're averaging 5.981 million viewers an episode so far.

Thanks for the break down @SilverSmith

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

No problem.
    I gain some new useful knowledge from you all constantly.

15. ColiBreh1

I had to look up the ratings on tvbythenumbers.com because those ratings look cancel-worthy for a CBS show. I stopped keeping up with TV ratings a few years ago or so & browsing tvbythenumbers right now, looks like CBS ratings have fallen off enough if "Fam" stays steady that's enough to definitely get renewed.

@SilverSmith screwed up the numbers. It's actually 0.9 rating/4 share & 5.68 million viewers. But those are just preliminary numbers, the final numbers for this past Thursday haven't come out yet.

16. darkcurry

Yes they have.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fam-season-one-ratings/

I recommend going to tvseriesfinale.com They be up on everything.

And yeah that should save the show from being cancelled, but I think it would've been enough anyway. You have to throw in the social media engagement as well. It does trend on twitter sometimes. Last Thursday it was 6th in the US.

17. ColiBreh1

Looks like you might be right. tvbythenumbers.com looks they might've fallen off since when I used to keep up with TV ratings. They haven't even updated their weekly cancel/renewal predictions index for each broadcast network since early February.

On the other hand, this other site you introduced me to has, tvseriesfinale.com, has pages to compare the ratings for each network & pages to compare the ratings for each show. Here's the 1 for CBS: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cbs-2018-19-season-ratings/

"Fam" is likely to be renewed based on the 1st chart in that link. A big thing I noticed from the 2nd chart on that link is that based on the lack of total viewership numbers for "Fam", the audience for the show skews young. CBS has always dominated in total viewership numbers because old people (People older than the the 18-49 prime demographic) flock to CBS over the other broadcast networks. So the fact that "Fam" has disappointing total viewership numbers, but still pulls in solid ratings that will likely get the show renewed, tells me younger people watch "Fam". I'd love to see what the 18-34 demo numbers look like for "Fam".

18. ColiBreh1

For folks who haven't watched the last few seasons of "New Girl", I found a 20-minute montage of clips highlighting Winston & Aly's relationship:

19. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

If ratings stay steady or improve slightly it'll get renewed but they may change time slots, with people watching on CBS all access ratings are a bit off nowadays, plus Fam is produced by CBS Studios meaning it's cheap to make and so they don't have to worry about housing another studio's show.

20. ColiBreh1

Trailer for Netflix's "Turn Up Charlie" starring & co-EPed by Idris Elba finally dropped today:

Still looks like potential IR down the line like we discussed in these previous posts.