The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You have channels blocked in your man cave?

You have to push a button now because it's on the wrong network. First world problems for your a$$.

Lol

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I get what you mean. Skill matters more in a fight than anything, but all I'll say is most of the time if a person male or female is bigger than you all it takes is one hit sometimes and you'll go flying. And if that bigger person has skills as well then that is going to be extremely difficult because they have the power to go along with their skills on their side.

I'll put it like this. I think Amanda Nunes can take Daniel Cormier in a fight... But she will killed by Jon Jones because he has better skill and speed to match his size difference against her. It will be over in 10 seconds.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like Nunes, but you're out of your mind....lol.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

That's true. Just like in real life Jon Jones is going to get killed if he fought more than one or two guys his size and skill set. But, if he was the star of his own show or film and did it, and beat their asses, we'd be like
    [​IMG]
    But, if it's a non-super powered female, we're like
    [​IMG]

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Electronic Arts has released the Anthem launch trailer, which previews the upcoming BioWare game.
    Anthem will be available worldwide February 22 for Origin for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

[​IMG]

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The difference is "his size and skill set" male action stars usually take on opponents who are their physical equals, female action stars routinely take on opponents who are multiple times bigger and stronger than them.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

ummm... Nunes beating Cormier? Really? Have you ever actually been in a fight? There is a reason why there are weight classes and gendered divisions. That one transgendered fighter was kicking the shit out of female fighters and not because she was a good fighter (she wasn’t), simply because of her decades of being a man with natural male hormones coursing through her veins.

Joe Rogan tends to go in great detail about this, but, the idea that Nunes can close the 3 inch gap of height difference as well as the over 115 pounds weight difference, with another highly trained male fighter like Cormier is hands down one of the most preposterous things I have heard in a while (reminds me of when folks were saying that rousey could defeat mayweather).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I went to middle school with some of the toughest females out there. By the time they hit 8th and 9th grade they learned rather quickly that their days of beating dudes was at an end.

A brutal lesson for them indeed.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Daniel Cromer is like 70lbs heavier and a trained fighter. He'd Rousey here

10. The Dark King

I think the biggest hurdle is they're always trying to make a point. Let me use Xena as example again. She was just a bad ass period it wasn't girl power nonsense

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I watched both of them fight. And going on skill she is a far better cerebral fighter than him with better punching speed. She has enough punching power to catch him on the chin or jaw and do damage. Cormier would have to try and wrestle her, If he gets her to the ground then that's when his size and power over her will come into play. But standing up trying to box her he'll get tagged. That's not his game.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LMFAO. He will beat her quicker than she beat Cyborg.

You watched both of them fight, but a good fighter knows to fight to his advantage, you don't fight every opponent the same.

You never seen Comier fight some one as small as Nunes so what you've seen won't compare.

I can't believe you are defending this position. Put it this way. Who would you rather fight?

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Trailer looks fun, but I won't be playing it, I'm staging a one-man boycott of games that penalize single-player gamers. Relying on other people to obtain the full experience of a triple-A games sucks.

As a long time gamer, one of my favorite things to do is to play some of my back catalog of games, in fact, I just completed Splinter Cell: Blacklist for the tenth time last week. With games like this, there isn't going to be any way to "dust it off" and play it six years later, hell, unless the game is a huge smash it probably won't be playable in three years.

14. meowkittenmeow

This isn’t a movie. Your skill and a quick hit to the chin means nothing. Even Mcgregor managed an uppercut to Mayweather. Didn’t do shit. And they are at least in the same weight class. I agree with you on a lot of things, but this is the most wrong a person could possibly be.

15. meowkittenmeow

He comes in at 250, and she comes in at 135, just to clarify. Not to mention the 3.5 inch reach. I agree with you.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't think Nunes speed would compensate for the huge strength gap. You also have to consider that the "chin" in men is different than it is in women, meaning the force it would take to hurt Cormier with face strikes is more than the force she would need to hurt a female opponent (the only opponents she has faced) so he would have a pretty good chance of absorbing her blows long enough to shoot on her and either submit her or take her out with strikes.

17. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Cormier has dominated every heavyweight he has faced in MMA. Stipe thought he could stand and trade with him . . . Stipe didn't last one full round.

Stipe was cleaning out the entire division and set a UFC record for title defenses prior to facing Cormier.

Amanda would not have the firepower to keep Cormier from ragdolling her or doing whatever he damn well pleased inside that cage.

18. The Dark King

My dude I don't care how skilled she is size makes a huge difference. Her punches lack enough power to slow down a professional fighter of his caliber. Even she blocks his punches she's going to be taking damage on a whole different level. Punches that would destroy her smaller bones and tissue. If you have a chance watch Conner McGregor vs The Mountain. It gives you an idea of how much size matters in a fight. Stop watching movies where these smaller women stand a chance in a fight.

19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Aquaman Spin-off in the Works?
    02/2019

Although there have been no real discussions about a direct sequel, The Hollywood Reporte announces that Warner Bros. has hired writers for an Aquaman spin-off centered on The Trench, the ocean-dwelling race of evil creatures that take on Aquaman and Mera in the film.

The studio has hired newcomers Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald to write the horror script.

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member