The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New footage of the Umbrella Academy debuted last night during the GRAMMY Awards . The oddball superhero series premieres on Netflix February 15th.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

You never answered my question. Have you ever been in a fight?

3. meowkittenmeow

Don’t forget bone density

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I didn't know you were being serious. Yes.

5. darkcurry

Just realized that was Ellen Page. Now I miss Kitty. lol.

Kitty Pryde was one of my favorite characters in the X-Men flicks. Even the Terrible Days Of Future Past.

6. darkcurry

I agree to that, but that also goes to anybody regardless of gender that is just smaller. You could be 6,6 300 lbs and there will always be somebody bigger. Women are more than likely smaller than men, very few times you get women the size of let's say that wrestler Nia Jax(6,2 270 lbs.) or that basketball player Brittney Griner(6,8 205 lbs.) But they exist.

I think they want us at times to believe those 5 to 10 men that get beat up by one man are less skilled than the the guy, because there are videos out there of guys taking on multiple people in real fights like that MMA fighter in a bar brawl that was just knocking people out left and right. They don't be around 10 guys, but they do hold there own against multiple people. Also notice that those guys in those Bruce Lee movies be scared of him attacking him one at a time and shit. lol.

BTW, Brie Larson says meet her outside. LOL!

https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/1095113019753820165

7. meowkittenmeow

How trained were you and how trained were they? How old were you and how many fights have you been in over the age of 18? For science.

8. SilverSmith

Universal Pictures today revealed the Ma release date and poster, with the first trailer arriving tomorrow. The thriller will open in theaters on Friday, May 31st.

[​IMG]

9. darkcurry

Awe, man I couldn't tell you about training. lol. It's been so long since the last fight I was in that DIDN'T get broke up before it started. It had to be like 18 years ago.

All I could tell you that it wasn't a professional fight it was street fight. After a few punches we were throwing at each other the guy seemed quicker than me because he was able to scoop in and get a double leg takedown but that could've been just good timing, I was stronger than him because I was able to roll him over and get on top but that could've been just bad positioning on his behalf or good positioning on mine. The fight got broke up after like I don't know a couple hits I got in after I rolled him over.

I estimate probably a little over 10 fights I been in over the age of 18. I don't be around a lot of shit starters nor do I start shit. The people I hang around are usually verbal fighters trying not to go to jail or have things escalate to that level.

10. meowkittenmeow

OK, that explains it. There is a stark contrast between what you can do in the streets or in actual combat vs what you can do in the ring. When I first started my MMA studies it was a rather difficult transition. The rules involved keep you from being able to do "that one fucked up thing that allows you to get the upper hand". So, I understand where you are coming from. In a street fight with potential objects (sharp or blunt), skill and fast hands can do some serious damage. In the ring/octagon with gloves, rules, a ref, a crowd screaming at you, and the person is as trained as you... not so much. I understand where you are coming from, but still disagree. Thanks for the information.

11. SilverSmith

Octavia Spencer gets cray cray in Ma:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

She was totally the wrong person for this role. I simply don't buy it. She's far too old

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching this week's episode of "Black Lightning" (Season 2, Episode 13). That Markovia/Metahumans/Dr. Jace storyline from the new season 3 of "Young Justice" is a major storyline on this season of BL too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

To each it's own I bought it. I think it will be good if it plays out like a horror-comedy as it is in the trailer.

Octavia is great actress. I liked her in Hidden Figures and The Shape Of Water. It's about time she got her own leading role.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's gonna flop calling it now

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Just started watching Young Justice and ever since the show left Cartoon Network the creators were able to explore more which is mindblowing.

18. SilverSmith

Director Neill Blomkamp‘s live-action short film Anthem: Conviction is now available. The short, based on BioWare’s upcoming video game, is a collaboration between Electronic Arts and the filmmaker.

The game is slated for a worldwide release on Feb 22.

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

DC Universe has dropped the Doom Patrol extended trailer.

The cast of the series includes Brendan Fraser as Robotman, Matt Bomer as Negative Man, April Bowlby as Elasti-Woman, Joivan Wade as Cyborg, Diane Guerrero as Crazy Jane, and Timothy Dalton as The Chief.

Press release:

Picking up after the events of Titans, Doom Patrol will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

20. darkcurry

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger | Season 2 First Look