The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I just watched Venom. Wasn't as bad as critics said. Surely, wasn't as good as regular folks made it out to be, either. Nice action. And Hardy is good as always.

Was about as good as a Micheal Bay flick with better acting. Very run of the mill kind of action film.

On another note, Z-Nation is cancelled. I enjoyed it for what it was. But, it's about time to pull the plug anyway. I'm about 4 episodes behind. So, it'll be interesting to see how it ends. Hopefully, on a good note.

I hate unfinished show finales and shows/movies that end on an unhappy note (except The Mist. Loved that ending).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

So, the mist is good? I was kind of on the fence about watching it.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A new promo for the third season of the animated series Young Justice has arrived. The third season, titled Young Justice: Outsiders, will premiere on the DC Universe streaming service starting on January 4th.

4. samson1701

Not the TV show. That was trash. I'm talking about the movie.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I love how they used whelmed lol

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

7. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Oh, Static Shock is going to be in it, cool!

8. samson1701

I'll be pissed if they just give him some street clothes and sunglasses as a costume. I want to his full on comic book look.

9. SilverSmith

10. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Lol..Bright wasn't that bad. It did well enough that Netflix has already greenlit a sequel.

11. darkcurry

Yeah I enjoyed it. It's split when you realize just how many people watched it on Netflix. 11 million views in just three days of it's release.
    https://observer.com/2017/12/netflix-bright-ratings-viewers-nielsen-will-smith/

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm behind on Vikings as well. I haven't seen any of the current season.

I finally caught the preview on the big screen when I saw Aquaman a couple of days ago. It looks good, plus it has Milla Jovovich in it as well. You can't go wrong with her.

13. The Dark King

Ok so am I the only one who thinks Aquaman was a little racist?

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Please expound

15. The Dark King

Only black people were bad guys. And the way he killed black Manta's dad (seriously why add black) was the most callous kill I've ever seen from a hero on film. Be wasn't in danger be just let dude drown to death. What happened to the redeemable villain? Every hero movie I can remember had the hero bending over backwards to help a villain and the only time they killed them is when there was an immediate danger but dude just left him there to drown slowly. It was heartless and cruel.

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

There were Black people in Aquaman??

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I agree about that death. It was noticably callous. I've heard reviewers remark about it. They tried cleaning it up later in the movie, but...:(

18. darkcurry

@The Dark King I have to see it myself. I don't see it as that big of deal... but are you really surprised since DCEU haven't really introduced any prominent black characters outside of a sub-par Cyborg and a race-bended DeadShot.

19. The Dark King

Actually yes I am. It's one thing to be unrepresented but its another to only be represented as not only a villain but the only one that's never been given the chance for redemption. Like I said nearly all movies ans tv shows that come to mind have the reason with the villain because they're still human part and if they do kill him its never a slow death while their child watches.

20. SilverSmith

The way the father of Manta died (a lethal pirate) didn't trouble me. He deserved his fate and I didn't give his demise much thought. But Aquaman lamented over his decision not to save him when he recounted the incident to Mera. We all know the Black Manta kills the only son of Aquaman in the comics, an innocent child.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018