The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ralph is actually not bad when they use him well. He had a great episode last season. The one where Devoe took over his body but otherwise they just use him as comic relief which usually sucks but that ain't for us oldheads that's for the teen crowd. Honestly if I were writing this stuff the next great show could be about humans who fight supers. People who see their self righteous posturing as an even greater threat. Like Barry with Flashpoint. Its weird how they gloss over how many people might have died because he "made a mistake" same thing with him and the singularity. Dude has been the cause of a lot tragedies. That's what I really liked about that Supergirl episode, they showed the aliens actually were bringing a ton of trouble with them causing so much harm to innocent people. I'd be pissed too especially if they described themselves as heroes after bringing all that destruction with them.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Sam Witwer. He has a laundry list of "nerd level" acting credits. He played Doomsday on Smallville, Is the character for those force unleashed video games, Does the voice of darth maul on the animated series, the list goes on and on. Talented actor, I like his work.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NBC Cancels Midnight, Texas

12/21/2018

NBC has opted not to order a third season of Midnight, Texas, the supernatural drama based on the books by author Charlaine Harris.

Midnight, Texas started with a 10-episode first season, which aired in summer 2017, ranking as the No. 1 broadcast drama series of the summer among adults 18-49. The show was renewed for a 9-episode second season, which was moved in-season, debuting this past October.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I saw the first episode and was puzzled I didn't really get what was going on until afterwards and was able to put it together. I will try to catch the rest of the season over the holidays if I can. Yeah he's a pretty good actor I think I seen him in other things as well.

5. darkcurry

I'm confident it will be picked up with the steady ratings they have and the big ratings jump last week. Usually when a Network shops a show to other networks that's a good sign, because you don't really hear about the show doing the cancellation shopping the shows around they usually leave it up to the creators and producers of those shows.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Ummm, you're wrong. NBC the network isn't shopping "Midnight Texas" to other networks & that isn’t their job. The show is produced by corporate sibling NBC Universal Television & it's their job as the major studio producing this show to shop it to networks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You do you bro and do what you feel is best to help you navigate life and all the fucked up shit in it.

The human race as a whole is and always will be on some level of self destructive & dehumanize each other fuckery. Life is too short to try to be in never ending battles to try to get others to be rational & moral beings. Find people of like mind and values to your own to surround yourself with and live your life the best way you can. Fight small battles that you can win if/when you can to better the life of you and loved ones , but don't get fully engulfed in this ongoing war called life. Just my 2 cents.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I've only watched the first 4 to 5 episodes myself. I'll get around to watching the rest when time & life allows.

Yeah, David Ajala is a very good actor. Last thing I saw him in prior to Supergirl was in a limit series retelling of the Beowulf saga. I also remember him being in an episode of Doctor Who a few years back.

By the way, did you ever get a chance to check out the first season of Krypton?

9. ColiBreh1

Explain?

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Have you watched that episode of Supergirl? Or, did you think I was talking about "Man Of Steel" the movie?

11. samson1701

I couldn't really get into it. There's way too much on in the fall for me (and I suspect others) to watch a "so-so" genre show. They should've kept it on the summer schedule. Less competition and it would give the show time to find its legs. I like the concepts and the cast, though.

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Sophie Turner (Dark Phoenix) – Total Film January 2019 Issue. (I'd completely forgotten about this project.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks this was on my list

15. darkcurry

Man, all that shit is NBC to me. lol.

And I was just going by the headlines so... maybe they're wrong.

Also I notice there is no mention of the cancellation by any of the Midnight, Texas social media accounts just fan accounts. So I don't think this is the end of the show just on this network.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  16. darkcurry

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just saw Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse and I can't express enough how much I liked it, it's in my top 3 movies of the year.

Infinity War
    Black Panther
    Spider-Man

Marvel (and Sony) are killing it.

18. ColiBreh1

I thought you were talking about the movie MoS & it somehow tying into the current season of "Supergirl".

19. ColiBreh1

Man, I saw that IGN.com had it as film of the year:

So I guess this is Sony's best Spider-Man movie.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  20. samson1701

That's what I figured. They named the episode "Man Of Steal." If you can, you should watch it.