The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Do you just want more non-black women on the show regardless of their purpose? Black Lightning is married. Are you okay if these other women are never his love interests?

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Yes. I want more, even if they aren't his love interests. And fuck his marriage. For like 50 years this guy was a bachelor and then suddenly he's married and portrayed like that on the show? Why does TV like to marry off black male leads? Answer: because it allows TPTB to not have to treat him as a red-blooded, sexually active man who keeps his options open.

This shit been going on since the TV version of In the Heat of the Night in which Virgil Tibbs was a straight arrow, chubby, married man when in the movie he was a bachelor who was in shape and had his options opened. Society in America has a stereotype of black men as not being the marrying type but when it comes to TV shows producers and writers who grew up in American society conveniently marry the black guys off. It's utter bullshit.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I would've been satisfied if BL was dating and/or smashing the vice principal (instead of holding his dick; waiting, praying, & hoping to get back with his ex-wife 1 day). The Vice Principal is finest black female character on the show imo & it was obvious she was trying to throw it at him all season, but dude would never bite.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

So in this case, you *want* to play into the stereotype???

Lol I do see your point. I'm just glad to see a positive image of a strong black family. I think we still need more of that. But you're correct that it's too rare to see a single black "leading man" type just living that life.

Maybe some of us need to get into the production game lol. Who's in?

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

LOL!!! See I was impressed that he was so devoted. But then again, I'm an old school Southern Baptist romantic, way out of fashion

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Also, I meant add this to my previous post. BL is a black show which the annoying "woke" black folks & the pro-black militants online champion. So I already know there's no fuccing chance that black male lead character would be allowed to have an IR, so that doesn't even cross my mind.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I hate that "woke" is a pejorative. And it's a shame when pro-black becomes anti-nonblack. It's counterproductive.

I strongly believe there need to be strong positive representations of black relationships AND black/white relationships (both wwbm and bwwm). It's frustrating when people insist on only their favorite category.

As folks on this site will agree, wwbm is severely lacking when it comes to featured stable, healthy relationships (especially ones where the people are as attractive as usual lol).

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Most things created for black people is designed to cater to black women and the black matriarchy as a whole. Black men are barely an afterthought. It’s why shows like Atlanta are so important. Because it is one of few shows that gives a black man’s perspective.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

First off the women they portray aren't the demo of girls who actually care about comics or hero stories they support shit like scandal and all the nonsense on Vh1. Just like squares like Mr. Terrific or Kid Flash have no place in those other worlds the same can be said about comics. Black women get to be superheroes EVERYWHERE. Outside of sports where can you say that about black men. Even in a movie about a black king we see more emphasis on the women in the promotion of said movie.
    Yes we had Blade literally the only superhero franchise where the title character doesnt so much as kiss a woman let alone have a love interest. Seriously when the fuck has that ever happened before.
    I'm all for black women having their due but why must it always come at the expense of black men. Make a black Buffy show or movie about Ri Ri Williams and let it stand on its own two feet. Let them have all the non black love interests they want. Just stay far away from our stories and keep their yaps shut when something like Cloak and Dagger comes along.
    If you read almost any fiction literally all of them write black women with white or non black love interests. In fact the last two books I read had not a single black man anywhere to be seen except maybe a dead black father. As a group they left us a long time ago and could care less what happens to us so I don't get why some of y'all insist on caping for people who only see you as a stepping stone to white zaddy.

10. The Dark King

That shit is intentional af. That's why I only watch Canadian and UK television. My viewership is not wanted in the states. Hell black men period aren't wanted here.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

So you're not mad that none of the main characters in Atlanta ever date anything but black women? LOL I do love that show

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

HOLD THE FUCK UP !!!!

ARE YA'LL NEGROES SERIOUSLY IN THIS THREAD TRYING TO TURN IT INTO A STRAIGHT UP BITCH & MOAN SESSION LIKE YA'LL HAVE DONE WITH DAMN NEVER EVERY OTHER THREAD ON THIS GODDAMN SITE?

ESPECIALLY AFTER A COUPLE OF YA'LL IR IN NAME ONLY ASS NEGRUMPS ACTUALLY TOLD MY DUSTY BLACK ASS TO STICK TO POSTING SPECIFICALLY IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE ALLEGEDLY ALL I DO IS ATTACK OTHER BLACK MEN. NOW YA'LL ACTUALLY GOING TO WHITE BOI DICK SWING AND TRY TO HIJACK THIS THREAD?

FUCK THAT SHIT.

TAKE THIS BULLSHIT TO THE IR ON TV/MOVIE THREAD WHERE YA'LL USUALLY ENGAGE IN THIS FUCKERY.

THANK YOU.

THREAD OP.

13. The Dark King

Lmao its relevant though

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Ok then.....back to the nerd stuff.

This is a new upcoming SciFi animated (Web series) on Rooster Teeth. One of the main characters is voiced by the "It boy" Michael B. Jordan, and Maisie Williams (Game Of Thrones) voices another character.

15. meowkittenmeow

I think they made it rather clear in regards to the episode about the drake party. I would like to see more interracial in the show, but it’s only been two seasons. So I will give it more time.

16. meowkittenmeow

Who told you that you could only post here?

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And what are you doing in real life to counter that shit??

Reality Check : Being upset whining, crying and having verbal temper tantrums about how your dreaded enemies the racist white man & their negro bed wenches accomplices are always going above and beyond to paint black men in every possible negative light in media is basically pissing in the wind if you as a black man aren't doing the positive/living the lives you want to see reflected in the media.

Negroes always trying to play the faux "Negro Elite" role but how are you "elite" if you can't counter or escape negative media portrayals?

18. meowkittenmeow

Thanks, I will check this out.

19. The Dark King

Yikes. Need a hug? Lol
    Its like anything else we discuss in terms of pop culture just a discussion. It'll die out no worries

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ricardo.

He sarcastically suggested I should only stick to posting in this particular thread to Jamal because he had me on Ignore cuz he was punishing me I guess. Why he thought having me on Ignore was somehow going to fix my opinions, behavior or attitude on anything is beyond me.....