The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I thought the n-word was banned from national tv period.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, not enough of that to be honest. But that new Taye Diggs show All American debuted last Wednesday. The critics are trying to shit on it, but Im going to check it out for myself when I get time.

[​IMG]

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

CW is viewed and treated like a cable network due to the fact that anyone in Canada or other places outside the U.S. have to pay to have the network as part of their TV watching line up.

Nevermind the fact that the popular CW shows all end up on Netflix (paid streaming service with international subscribers).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL. Did you finish season 1 or nah?

"Black Lightning" is a solid, good show DESPITE the annoying father/daughter thing & SJW themes. Season 1 finished strong.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Ok, I noticed it on Netflix. I might check it out.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Main reason I'm not into it. Its the only one that isnt coming of age and of course the black family has to deal with the fucking hood. Enough already its not our only story its boring and predictable af. Again another black hero who can't have a real love interest. Boring

7. The Dark King

Yup and honestly I'm tired of the black man can't retain his power trope. Apparently the show is for black girls so they can have it

8. meowkittenmeow

I see. You mention later that they take away his power or something? I’m guessing only the daughters have powers or some sort of black matriarchy trope?

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Black Lightning doesn't have a real love interest??? What about his wife?

I like this show. I haven't seen the new season yet, but I think it's incredibly positive overall.

I do get a little tired of the "hood" story lines though. You definitely have a point there. Our experience is much larger and richer than just that

10. ColiBreh1

This post will interest you:

https://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/interracial-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-125#post-1091213

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  11. meowkittenmeow

12. ColiBreh1

13. meowkittenmeow

The series went from bad to worse.

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hope this is what happens.

Let's face it, all of the Netflix MCU shows have serious story pacing issues. I think combining Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist into one show would make a much better show than all three are by themselves.

16. The Dark King

His wife he barely touches? Please she's his wife in name only. And what's seriously missing is dude isn't shown as desirable he's just Joe Clark with lightning.
    They can't show black people as vulnerable humans we're ready made adults dealing with grown up problems. No angst no discovery just this "clean up the hood" trope. Like I said fuck Black Lightning cant wait to see it cancelled.

17. The Dark King

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

We really do not see eye to eye on these shows lol! Cool hearing your opinions though

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I thought S2 was an improvement TBH. Hated the ending though. They should've made Danny get ashed

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018