Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Same here. I need some info on that.

2. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

3. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

I watched this last month.

Pretty good movie.

The interesting thing is there was no mention or reference of the fact they were a Interracial couple.

The subject never came up even between the parents.

4. darkcurry

Neither did The Mountain Between Us. Though I like it that way I do think it is important especially now for art to exhibit the hate and disapproval that IR couples get and experience. You have people out here normalizing their reasons why IR couples shouldn't be together and using IR couples where the white partner has done something racist as an example and to justify their reasons why people of different races shouldn't be together.

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It didn't come up in Mountain because the male lead in the novel was white and the screenplay followed suit. The director just happened to do some race-bending casting by going with Elba

6. darkcurry

Yeah I know that, but sometimes they will add things to the script. Like Idris playing the character as British. And if I'm wrong I think they did allude to his race in one scene. I haven't seen the film again since it finally debuted on HBO.

7. darkcurry

Snapshot 2 (7-11-2018 1-01 AM).png
    Well would you look at that. There was a kissing scene in The Long Kiss Goodnight. I totally didn't see that when I saw this film on cable unteen years ago. Was this part of a Director's cut, @ryanpaulstewart?

8. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Nope. That kiss was in the theatrical release.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

I didn't see it in theatres I saw it on cable. I don't know, maybe I missed it. lol. Good eye though, bro. Better than mines. lol.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You probably missed it because it was a 5-second scene and any romance between them was shut down immediately.

11. darkcurry

12. Beat-man

Beat-man Active Member

13. Feodora

Feodora Member

Sofía Vergara and Tyrese Gibson
    Four Brothers (2005)
    Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_00.51.57_[2018.07.13_14.57.41].jpg Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_00.51.59_[2018.07.13_14.57.59].jpg Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_00.52.08_[2018.07.13_14.56.36].jpg Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_01.40.17_[2018.07.13_14.46.25].jpg Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_01.40.18_[2018.07.13_14.46.41].jpg Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_01.40.34_[2018.07.13_14.49.56].jpg Four.Brothers.2005.x264.BDRip.ac3.Rus.Eng.subs.mkv_snapshot_01.42.15_[2018.07.13_14.51.59].jpg
    They look very nice together ... even when they fight ... or rather, when they fight,
    between them the PASSION starts boiling ... eyes devour each other ...
    the atmosphere is beset by the anticipation of sex ....

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It was short however. I called it A short Peck on the cheek. Unlike that character Samuel L.Jackson did better in The Caveman's Valentine and In My Country.

15. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

16. Soulthinker

It sure did. Ms.Vegara is much better than JLo.

17. Soulthinker

I saw that flick more than once.

18. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

i paid for it in the theatre, slept thru it, it came out on Netflix europe, same time it was the number 1 movie three weeks in a row, and I got it thru various means, still haven't seen it all

19. Feodora

Feodora Member

I think each of them is good in its own way!
    And why, to a handsome, strong black man, not having an affair with both,
    today beauty Vergara, tomorrow beauty Lopez, then someone else (Theron for example) ..
    The main thing that would be good for all people! Everyone was happy!
    Our world - rules, Love!
    Love bears within itself, Happiness, Harmony, Freedom!

20. Soulthinker

I admit I didn't see it through but,one thing I make sure I didn't miss is that booty.