Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

These rumors are a good reason to hate gossip lol. If they're true, why aren't they in relationships with black men to begin with? We're good enough to cheat with but not good enough to date seriously? WTH is that???

IF this is true (which we'll never know), I actually like Roberts and Kidman less.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well it's not really sad per say. It is uplifting and that boy is really likable. I knew a kid like him in grade school.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Hmm good to know, thanks.
    But what about the relationship in question?

4. darkcurry

I think Julia just recognizes the industry for how racist it is. Maybe like Nicole Kidman she doesn't date by race. You also have to take in how racially segregated Hollywood is which is why you didn't see too many IR relationships. The diversity in Movies and TV the past 2 years is the most we have seen EVER!

Note: I believed Julia said in a Howard Stern interview she used to date a black man.

5. darkcurry

It's cute. Without giving too much away it is a step in the right direction and not the stereotypical IR relationship we see. Cute Teen Romance, but the movie is about of course that boy so there isn't a real focus on them.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The hill house haunting had some very beautiful interracial between a bm and we. It’s on Netflix.

7. darkcurry

It's a TV Show. I posted about it in the Interracial On TV thread.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Pffft when she was America's Sweetheart in the 90s you'd nevvvvvvvvver see her with a brotha on screen romantically. Now that she's on Netflix level all bets are off

9. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I mentioned this movie last year when it went into production after the announcement that Vance had been cast as her husband. Recently it made the rounds at the Toronto Film Festival. Nice to see that a trailer has dropped. Vance probably has anywhere between the third to fifth biggest part in the film. The movie is primarily about the strained relationship between Roberts' character and her first son from a previous marriage. Vance plays her current husband who doesn't trust her returning son because of his previous actions. The movie supposedly takes place over the course of a single day.

So, you wanted Robert's character to have had two black husbands/baby daddies? If that's what you meant then you are ignoring that would possibly create a stigma about her character that is unnecessary and would get in the way of the story. The script is the script. I'm certain the writer wanted to create greater tension by having the first two children of Roberts' character being from a different father than her last two children. I'm almost as certain that Vance's character was not conceived as white in the script but he was cast anyway.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  10. JamalSpunky

Wouldn't have been if John Grisham wasn't such an uncomfortable white male Southerner and Denzel Washington wasn't a stone cold coward.

Actually she has had more IR onscreen stuff then we are acknowledging. Let's not forget her work alongside Blair Underwood in Soderbergh's "Full Frontal". Much of the dialogue between the two of them was improvised and that dialogue included discussions of a black male being allowed to get some love onscreen from a white chick. Their characters may have shared a kiss too.

Also in the film "Conspiracy Theory" her character had a little flirtation going on with a black lawmen played by Cylk Cozart who had fourth billing in the film. Of course Mel Gibson was her true male lead in the film though.

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

My apologies.

12. JamalSpunky

Didn't care for the Ejiofor movie in the first place because it was a remake of a movie from Argentina that I adored and the American setting of the remake made no sense story wise. Nonetheless I am a huge fan of Ejiofor and was happy he got the role opposite two leading WHITE ladies. I didn't know Roberts was a producer and had a lot of clout so far as casting, but I do remember how she was very vocal about being a big fan of Ejiofor and wanting to work with him,.These added details you provided endear her even more to me. Other than Tariji, black actresses with clout don't work that hard to get black actors such opportunities.

By the way Roberts was the person most responsible for Denzel getting the role alongside her in "The Pelican Brief" in the first place.

13. JamalSpunky

Ask yourself this question: what high profile A/B+ level white movie actress of the past two or three decades has been in a public relationship with a black man? Think about it. Right now the only name that comes to mind is actually Kidman who dated Lenny Kravitz for a period and even hooked up with Q-Tip for a short period (Q-Tip even said on one of those stupid NYC radio shows that he slept with her). The consensus seems to be that in both cases the relationship came to an end because of the actions of the dudes. Kravitz pretty much admits this (wrote a song about it) although he and Kidman are on good terms. When talking about her Big Little Lies co-star Zoe Kravitz to a reporter, Kidman mentioned that she joked with her about how close she was to becoming her stepmom. I doubt Kidman has the time of day for Q-Tip though after his going around talking about their business.

But getting back to my point, these white female movie stars when they are in their prime hook up with white guys almost exclusively. Maybe I should include Penelope Ann Miller when she dated Seal but I think at that time her star was clearly descending. There are a few white actresses of high status around the last 30 years who have dated for a period some Latino or Asian guy (Julia Roberts dated Benjamin Bratt for awhile), however not many. This is in stark contrast to non-white female movie stars/rising actresses who date more white guys than we can keep up with. In our regular society white women step across the racial lines much more. White female singers and musicians date/marry interracially more often too as do those white female athletes and white female journalists who cover sports. But somehow white dudes have ALL the most desirable, acclaimed and famous white actresses locked up. What are the actual odds of that?

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. We're on the same page, bruh. My only point is that it's an intolerable shame.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw at Wal-Mart a DVD named My Life for Yours. Has anyone seen that DVD?

16. darkcurry

Now you know why #oscarssowhite was a thing. lol. Hollywood is a white man's world that is just now becoming more and more diverse. It ain't just white actresses that almost exclusively date/marry white guys it's EVERY race of women. It's kind of like the Adult Film Industry whereas you get these females of all races catering to white men even much so that you had and possibly still have women only doing scenes with them exclusively. I checked that there is ANOTHER black female in the adult entertainment world that doesn't do scenes with black male performers only white.

But with diversity you don't get this white man's world. And as we are seeing in the world of diversity black men are the most desirable, only thing is it's not on purpose it's natural. Look at some of the actresses when they add their names to producers of a film or TV show or become filmmakers and look at what they did.

Brie Larson - Interracial
    Elizabeth Olsen - Interracial
    Julia Roberts - Interracial
    Frankie Shaw - Interracial
    Aubrey Plaza - Interracial

....lol there's a theme there.

This is why bigots of all skin colors resent diversity and want everyone to be separate and you get these sistas and their black male followers so focused on famous black men not dating outside their race or seeing black men with interracial love interest because if you normalize diversity you don't get a white man's world, and women playing by white man's rules.

It is why I always suggest black men to have a more broad career and personal life. A diverse world is really the only place where a brotha's freedom is actually respected. The more diverse hollywood become you will see more white actresses dating/marrying black men.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yo I'm way behind lol. When did Brie Larson and Frankie Shaw do ir roles???

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You've outlined the power of the intersection of male privilege and white privilege. (We black men DO still have male privilege, BTW. We shouldn't forget or overlook that.)

Maybe the most nefarious thing about this situation is that those with privilege so easily fail to realize that they have such privilege. This makes it depressingly natural for them to feel like they're unfairly targeted when the "others" start coming for their fair share (emphasis on the word *fair*).

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I've never disagreed that BM do have regular-ass male privilege that isn't unique to Da Communitah. What is I disagree with is the bullshit that is spewed online by the Woke SJWs & their panderers that BM have some special unique Black Male privelage.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right that there is nuance to it. I think we've both seen that nuance is too often lost on people with an agenda.