BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You forgot about "Star", lol.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A new 30-second TV spot.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Okay, I just recalled another one an hour ago. The "Dear White People" series based upon the movie. They carried over the IR love story involving the militant black female lead and a white male student.

5. ColiBreh1

Sounds just like real life.

6. JamalSpunky

These two still on the show? Its been about five years...have they've gone beyond first base yet?

7. darkcurry

Lol, but if a show had a militant black, pro black guy with a white woman it would either receive backlash from black women or made to be a joke of a relationship.

I can't remember, but didn't either the movie or the television show throw shade at interracial couple involving a black man and a white woman?
    [​IMG]

8. JamalSpunky

Yes, the film threw shade on the black guy-white gal romance. It wasn't real, the black guy had lost his way. Meanwhile not only was the militant black girl/white guy romance portrayed far more positively, it turned out that the black girl was the product of another healthy interracial relationship between her black mom and white daddy. Notice a pattern? This is predictable considering the writer/director was a gay black man, but if I'm being honest straight black male filmmakers would probably do the same shit.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Good point. Nothing positive can include a black male

10. darkcurry

We have names for those brothas. lol. That is why I believe we also need better representation at the head of these shows and films. So many people treat black men and white men together like it's wrong and even black men with other non-black women is wrong, but EVERY OTHER relationship on the planet including gay relationships is okay. Shit like this is why I'm pulling for the IR shows and movies we do have that have positive portrayals to do well with the exception of Cloak and Dagger that show seems to even have BGN support and MARVEL doesn't need help in how they promote their shit obviously. The more positive push can destroy these stereotypes that the racist, bedwenches, moist brothas, ect. keep trying to make real about us.

11. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Co-sign and let's keep our fingers crossed going forward with "Stranger Things 3" this winter!!! I am really worried about Max & Lucas :\

12. ColiBreh1

Currently watching the season premiere of the 7th season/final season of "New Girl" that aired last week. They did a 3-year time jump from last season to this new season. Winston & Aly are married now & expecting their 1st child.

13. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] @darkcurry @The Dark King @JamalSpunky Y'all see the episode of "Atlanta" that aired last week (Season 2, Episode 7) ?! I'm watching it right now. They taking shots at BW who obsess over BM celebrities who are involved with non-BW. I can only wonder what the reaction to the episode is online was because it feels like Donald Glover is taking direct shots at BW online who bashed him when news came out a year & a half ago about Donald Glover having his 1st kid with his white GF.

EDIT:

Bruh, they really had this darkskin chick (who was the least attractive of this group of Van's friends that went to this house party) stare at, stalk, & rant at this white chick just because she was the GF of some black male celeb. I can see a bunch thinkpieces being written by black feminists, darkskin activists, & etc. because of these scenes.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

Shots fired! Donald Glover for the win. lol. I have to catch up I missed both 6 and 7 episode due to work and being tired. lol.
    Something tells me for Donald Glove to go there he is more WOKE than they thought he was. Some of those brothas like us are on to the bullshit.

I'm pretty sure you can find them on twitter under the #AtlantaFX hashtag especially if you type in the character's involved names next to the hashtag in the search bar on twitter.

15. JamalSpunky

I was actually missed at the episode because I thought they let the black chick off the hook.

I'll share more thoughts later.

16. ColiBreh1

I had the "Scandal" series finale on in the background a few hours ago. It looked like Mellie & Marcus finally got together in Finale.

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I actually can't understand she could make herself do this. It just comes up as needy behavior.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Scandal is over already?

19. ColiBreh1

Yep. Last year during Network Upfronts in May, ABC announced that Season 7 would be the last season of "Scandal". Last night was the season 7 finale/Series Finale.

20. darkcurry

As in? I don't watch that show so could you give a little something about that? I'm only curious because I thought that show steered clear of that kind of IR romance.