What Can Happen When You #AirbnbWhileBlack

Discussion in 'In the News' started by nobledruali, May 9, 2016.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That is so mixed up. Brothers and sisters better bych about it soon.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL.

What's new??

Western civilization and much of the rest of the world is racist as fuck.

That's why whenever I hear American Black folk talk about wanting to move to another country that's less racist, I'm thinking, 'What country is that??':vom:

Racism isn't an impenetrable barrier like it was years and decades past, but it's still there.

Anytime a Euro thumbs their nose about how racist America is, I wanna slap them to wake the fuck up.:smt021

Because of the bullshit I wouldn't want to stay at some strange Euro's house anyway.

I'm sure this open minded IR couple stayed in places where the hosts hated their fucking guts and felt they'd been tricked in booking their stay.

No thanks.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

After reading this article, hotels and hostels seem more appealing. This is why a friend in a country that you are visiting is indispensable. They can help you with the details on everything.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You apparently haven't traveled much because there are plenty of countries that aren't racist like this one. Of course there's no such thing as a racism, sexism, agism, homophobic etc free country, there will always be assholes somewhere who need to look down on others to feel good about themselves.
    But the reality is that not every country has the same history with race like this one does, there isn't centuries of literal indoctrinization beating into everyone's head that white is good and black is bad.
    There are countries that actually care about the people and don't push this rugged individualism bs where its every man for themselves creating more polorization. Get out more fam

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Soooooooo which countries have you been to that do not push white is right?

7. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

8. The Dark King

Canada and England

9. andreboba

LOL.

There a White nationalist movements sweeping all over Europe, including England.

These radical right wing groups are neo fascist, anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim.

Whenever the racial utopias oversees and to the North that you seem to fantasize about reach critical mass of one too many minorities, these countries show their ass.

The OP posted an article about an attractive IR couple that, heaven forbid, decided to post their pic together on their bnb profile, and suddenly all these European countries that are so enlightened on race relations didn't have a room for the both of them.

It's not better in Europe for Black folk.
    It's the same as it is here.

10. The Dark King

That's literally not true
    I wish we had more guys on here from other countries because you are speaking from a place of total ignorance on this one. I will bet a week's pay you haven't spent much time outside of the US
    No one is saying it's perfect but it is definitely way better. The historical burden of slavery and jim crow doesn't resonate in these places. You don't have entire generations use to treating blacks like garbage and having it sanctioned by the state. It's like saying yes the US is not perfect but it is a far better place for women than the Middle East. I hate this game of false equivelancy that everyone loves to play to fit an argument. "All politicians are bad doesn't matter which party" "Doesn't matter if you're in the suburbs or the hood bad shit happens everywhere they just cover it up in the suburbs"
    "Doesn't matter where you go racism is everywhere"
    These are all bullshit and lazy ass statements. It negates the very clear and true fact that different places in the world offer different things and have different challenges. Here it's race in Europe it's more about religion. Christians live a totally different life than Muslims just like blacks live a different life than whites.
    But why have critical thought let's just perpetuate ignorance it works out so well for us.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

"What Airbnb doesn’t know is the hoops we have to jump through and stress we must endure to procure the places we have booked during our three months in Europe. Out of every 8-10 places we reach out to that are in our budget, at least 60 percent turn us down with the same exact excuse."

[​IMG]

12. andreboba

You have this belief that there's this utopian level of racial integration in Europe unseen in the U.S. and that's simply not true.

These countries you laud as race blind ALL had colonies in Latin and South America, India, Africa and Asia.

Many were involved in the slave trade.

Europe is overwhelmingly atheist compared to the U.S. so I don't know where you're getting it from that the major class distinction is religious.

I know too many Black folk who've actually lived abroad and at the end of the day they chose to come back home to the United States of AmeriKKKA.

Because it's no different.

The history isn't the same but racial tensions still exist especially for non-White foreigners.

You talk about the U.S. like you're at risk of being lynched if you say the wrong thing to the wrong White person.

I just don't buy this crap that the U.S. has an unbearable, oppressive level of racism compared to Europe.

Black Americans go to Europe, get treated like they're exotic and for a while people treat them like they're a gift.

That shit eventually fades and only a fool would think that's an example of how Europeans feel about non-Whites.

WW in Europe who date BM more often than not have to deal with some friction from their families and friends.

Same as here.

I don't care what European country it is, once the non-White population tips over a critical mass, things get stressful.

And what the hell is 'way better'???

That's straight up nonsense.

If I make $200K as a Black man in the U.S. or in France, my lifestyle and social interaction with White people will be virtually the same.

If you were unaware about the proliferation of White supremacists groups in Europe, you need to get informed on that.

It's reported about constantly online and in nearly every international news publication.

Europe has become even more xenophobic since the Stock Market crash in 2007.

It's gotten so bad the EU is on the verge of breaking apart with Britain leading the way.

How many stories do you have read like the OP posted, or about soccer fans throwing bananas at Black athletes before you get it through your skull that the Europe inside your head is purely a fantasy???

If you rank the U.S. on a racism scale, 1 being the antebellum South and 10 being the Kardashian family, this country is about a 6.5 to 7.0.
    Could be better but still livable.

You keep arguing because Europe doesn't have the same racial history as the U.S., White folk in Europe don't have the same negative stereotypes about Black people.

How would you even know what a White European is thinking about YOU??
    That's just a childish thought process.

The richest Black woman IN THE WORLD had two incidents, one in Paris and the other in Switzerland, where your 'open minded' Euro luxury boutique owners pulled the nigger card on her;

Winfrey says she had a racist encounter while shopping in Switzerland and the apologetic national tourist office agrees. The billionaire media mogul told the U.S. program "Entertainment Tonight" that a shop assistant in Zurich refused to show her black handbag because it was "too expensive" for her.

Winfrey arrived just after the (Paris) store had closed at 6:30 p.m. and there was no doubt about her identity. She saw shoppers still milling about inside and asked the Hermes staff at the door if she could dash in to make a quick purchase. A clerk said no, and so did a store manager. An unnamed "friend" quoted in the Daily News didn't use the term racism but suggested that if Celine Dion or Barbra Streisand had made a similar request, there wouldn't have been a problem.

If this shit happened to the richest, independently wealthy Black woman in the world, the Europe you're daydreaming about does not exist.

Better my ass.lol

Guaranteed that kind of bullshit never happens to Oprah in the U.S.

13. The Dark King

Show me where I said utopian. I said better. Just like I said earlier this country is better for women than most of the middle east. Is this country perfect? Absolutely not but when dealing with gender its far BETTER.

It's simple why Oprah was treated the way she was. The didn't recognize her plain and simple. You think that wouldn't happen to her here if they didn't know she was Oprah? lol ok

Like I said spend time in any of these areas and you'll see what I mean the energy is definitely different and far more friendlier.
    The countries spend money on their people keeping them educated and healthy. They are more cultured, they speak more languages and travel there isn't as much of a culture shock to be around non white people.

And I've dated interracially my entire life. For over 20 years I've always dealt with friction from American white families when dating their daughters. Didn't matter my education level, job, pedigree but interestingly when I dated women who were raised abroad I was treated way better by their families. Of course this anecdotal and no means the reflection of everyone but I've spent time in a lot of different places growing up and there is a difference. To say there is no difference is total ignorance and shows a complete lack of experience.

14. The Dark King

Is this everyone's experience?

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! If they had recognized Oprah... No way she gets that treatment.

16. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

either way, it wasnt right. she shouldnt have been treated like that in the first place and suggesting she would have been treated different just for the fact of being a famous and rich person doesnt make it any better.
    nobody should be treated like that, but actually this sort of behaviour is happening against white ppl aswell if they dont fit in the picture. if someone walks in an exclusive shop not matching the idea of a wealthy customer, they will, not necessarily always, but quiet probably been treated with less respect aswell.

17. andreboba

When someone says European race relations are better than the U.S., that should mean you don't have to be a famous Black person to go shopping inside an upscale boutique.

If you do need to be FAMOUS and RECOGNIZED before being granted access, that's nowhere near a better situation for Black folk.

It's the same as it is over here.

Oprah travels with an entourage and bodyguards. Who the hell did they think she was, the housekeeping crew??:smt120

Just like here, White Euros still see race before the person, initially.

18. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i agree with you on a lot of points in your last posts, but pls be fair enough that not all white ppl are the same. if that was true how do you explain women like me and others that have been in interacial relationships and raise mixed children against all odds?
    i m not saying you dont have a point. but keep it fair pls.

19. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Well said. Not all whites are racist.
    But it will never be 100 & for or against.

20. andreboba

I don't mean to imply that and it's not what I believe.
    In fact I agree with DK that White Europeans are different in a way than American White people because Euros tend to be more educated, international and have a broader sense of the world's ethnic and racial diversity.

I just don't believe Europeans privately are less racist than Americans.
    Euros IMO are more outwardly polite and less confrontational, you see less public examples of the 'ugly European', but saying Europe is way better racially than America is naive.

Look, there's always going to be a core group of people, perhaps even a majority, of Whites in both Europe and America who are open-minded and racially tolerant.

Unfortunately there's also going to be a large percentage of Whites here and overseas who are disgusted by the idea of multiracial and multicultural society.

DK is entitled to believe it's less racial for Blacks in Europe but I think we face similar struggles at home and abroad.

Saying all of Europe is 'way better' for non-Whites is an exaggeration, considering most of them have been segregated into ethnic ghettos across the continent.

The entire history of Europe is dominated by White-on-White 'crime',(nations at war with one another), so to suggest they would treat non-Whites better than their neighbors who look just like them is wishful thinking.