What Can Happen When You #AirbnbWhileBlack

Discussion in 'In the News' started by nobledruali, May 9, 2016.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

OK, but I think the problem is... If everyone is allowed the discriminate... It could be a company that doesn't discriminate, but some racist person employed there chooses to discriminate because they can. Same with housing. I used to live a huge development and the owner has many properties throughout the area. John Doe shouldn't have to worry that someone inside the company can legally block him based upon racism or any other bigotry.

2. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I didn't explain myself well. In traffic headed to o hare I'll explainyself better in a bit

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't really think it is applied that way. If there are two students competing for the same program and they both have the same test scores, grades, extra curricular activities etc then affirmative action may come into play and I'm good with that.

Actually my biggest gripe about the job market is the "over qualified" nonsense which should be illegal. I have downplayed my resume for a very long time because of it. I mean how do you know me enough to think you know what I want? Would I move to Wisconsin for the perfect job? No way.

I value the jobs that leave me time and energy for other things so if I don't get promoted its not a big deal. Some people just have too many interests to be overly concerned with one career but too many people don't get that.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

A lot of companies want to own their employees. They want them to be obsessed with their job. They haven't realized that usually the better (and often more loyal) employee will be the one who is more balanced.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly.

They should be happy when someone is good at the job and leaves it at that. If I compete like I really can then people feel threatened, if I chill and just do my job they don't know how to accept that. I must be planning on leaving next month or some other bullshit assumption unless I lie and appear to be less qualified which doesn't always work.

You used to right word "balanced"

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Which is my biggest gripe about the anti affirmative action brigade. They act like ivy league schools are letting in minorities with a 2.0 gpa over the white kid with a higher gpa. Kids that know they don't qualify aren't going for those schools.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thank You

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Holy shit didn't think you'd say that.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Right. I think something may have just shifted in the universe. You have a telescope? If so take a look and let me know what the fuck just happened.

10. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I told you before we just gotta get to the issues we agree on. Some of the shit we won't but many we will.

Like I said before on liberal boards people feel I'm conservative on conservative boards people think I'm liberal. Many liberals and conservatives think you HAVE To be in either camp. There is plenty of shit I don't agree with conservatives on and plenty I don't agree with liberals on. My true fault I think, is I don't speak up enough when I agree and mostly do only when I disagree.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Or you just got hit with a photon that's been traveling for quintillion years. Were you outside when you wrote that?

12. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I'm leaning towards photon pew pew