WW/BM in advertisements

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by xoxo, Feb 4, 2011.

1. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

That Cheerios commercial is too cute conceptually, even without the IR.

2. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

Looks like Cheerios has removed and disabled all comments from the video, LOL.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

LOL

shit..i just seen the comments too

mothafuckas was off the chain

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[youtube]XMVJSZD4POI[/youtube]

this is a video going into the 'controversy' surrounding the clip

no idea this shit was causin this much attention...it's 2013

i googled the commercial and came across several sites highlighting the response it has received by the public

5. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

This country is so fucked.

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

What am I missing? What controversy is this video causing (break it down for me, I'm not in the mood to google it).

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

ur loss

:p

in short..the comments were disabled for the original video..but that wasn't just an isolated incident that happened because of a few disgruntled posters

apparently the web is 'ablaze' regarding wide spread racism towards that singular video. multiple sites have picked up on the backlash and attempt to discuss the situation around it. that is what surprised me. the shit has gone way beyond youtube and into general public discourse

8. RaiderLL

Thank you for the breakdown love :freehug:

Seriously, people can suck a dick. I rarely read the comments because I know they're usually filled with hate. I actually did google this one though and was relieved to see so many positive remarks...people with a "wtf are people getting bent out of shape for" attitude, and recognizing that the family depicted in this commercial is real life for many of us.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Too damn cute!! :smt060 Thanks for posting this, Thump. Adorable ending! :heart:

10. AlmostThere

I did notice that. It seems to be about 2/3 positive and 1/3 the usual suspects.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

never seen such resistance in my life

14. AlmostThere

The video has over 4100 likes and about 700 dislikes. I don't think the negative people are overwhelming the positive, just that are more virile and repugnant.

15. SxEfever34

SxEfever34 Member

so u saying theyre a real life family, didnt know that

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No the people in the commercial are actually actors. What she's saying is that the commercial is depicting what is real life for those of us who actually live in an interracial family dynamic like the one shown.

17. RaiderLL

Exactly, thank you :smt023

18. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

love it!!!.....lol. It's the coolest!! Nothin' better than food that's good for your heart!!

19. SexyBaltimorean

Kevin Durant goin' interracial (well, sorta'....LOL). Love this commercial......lol

[YOUTUBE]uvypu0AHM8A[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  20. SexyBaltimorean

I'm seeing more blogs with negative comments about that Cheerios commercial. The comments are beyind sickening...