The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Suicide Squad - Official Trailer #2

2. SilverSmith

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Guys in the Youtube comments are already saying it's an Afro Samurai ripoff.

4. SilverSmith

The comments reflect their ignorance, as Afro Samurai is based on Yasuke, a real-life African warrior who once lived in 16th century Japan.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Can't believe they pulled this off!
    [​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

The Witcher has officially wrapped production on Season 2, y'all.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Spot on!

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Looks hot if they just keep the story simple. Also getting Tangent Comics vibes.

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

THANK THE (NEW) GODS we dodged a bullet. No telling what kind of SJW, race-bent feminist nonsense Ava would have foisted on us. I guarantee Big Barda would have been black, Scott Free would have remained white, and Lightray would have been gay. And Black Racer and Vykin (straight black males) would have been nowhere in sight. You can see in her tweet which characters she would have prioritized. Orion and Darkseid are the stars of New Gods, yet she did not mention them.

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1377725452228431873?s=20

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

New Trailer for Marvel Studios' Black Widow

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I ran to this thread after I just saw this in my YouTube feed:

Totally predictable. IIRC we were all negative about the Ava DuVernay-"New Gods" news when it was originally announced.

12. SilverSmith

The all-new trailer for Marvel Studio's Loki

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Now this is the show that all the Internet fan theories about the Multiverse that some people were all gung-ho about happening in WandaVision more than possible of happening. At the very least gets some seeds planted for certain things or characters.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that there are only a few Brutaal theories out there after Zack Snyder's Justice League. I'll think he will have some sort of incarnation of him if he gets to helm JL 2.

Snapshot 1 (4-5-2021 2-43 PM).png Snapshot 2 (4-5-2021 2-45 PM).png

15. SilverSmith

The new teaser trailer for Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 is out.

16. SilverSmith

17. SilverSmith

Netflix has rolled out the official poster for the Zack Snyder-directed Army of the Dead movie, coming to select theaters and the streaming service in May.

[​IMG]

18. SilverSmith

19. Observeree

Observeree New Member

I get it. Was thinking about it the other day, that in terms of representation in the MCU, you're getting more and more females of color, black women in particular. Which good for the actresses, but in these types of shows, movies, and genres now it feels like it is easier for them to put a black female in place to hit the 'female/POC' checkbox, vs introduce any black males.

OR, if they do introduce a black male character at center stage it isn't long before he takes a backseat to his support characters. Makes the tragedy around Black Panther worse, Chadwick Boseman barely been gone before people suddenly wanted Shuri to take up the mantle! Don't me wrong, the women of Wakanda are tough, but...can't we celebrate any Black Male heroes?

I guess we got Falcon now, we know it might be forever before a proper Luke Cage (and Jessica Jones with a proper relationship) is re-introduced.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Damn this show is already in it's 4th season? It doesn't seem that long ago @RicardoCooper was complaining about it's 1st season.