The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I was kind of the same way with iZombie. I couldn't finish binging that. Just wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe it was because of the way I was used to seeing zombies. lol.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Couldn’t get over the fact that you are lusting over a corpse? LOL!!! Yeah, I haven’t seen the show, but I read the premise on Netflix.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Man... that’s asking a lot. Basically suffer through 2 seasons for it to get good?

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Dark Phoenix in IMAX -- I'm so there! [​IMG]

New TV spot:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  5. SilverSmith

New Swamp Thing teaser, offering a closer look at Abby Arcane (Crystal Reed):

6. SilverSmith

Warner Bros delivers a thundering knockout blow with the final Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Does this look familiar to anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Dungeons & Dragons cartoon from the 80's. They just resolved the ongoing plot line of the show of how do they get back home....

9. darkcurry

The Walt Disney Co.'s live-action remake of "Aladdin" crushed the competition at the box office this Memorial Day weekend, earning more than $207 million worldwide
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/aladdin-booksmart-memorial-day-weekend-box-office
    [​IMG]

I wasn't able to see it this weekend, but hopefully next weekend. I seen a lot of good reviews from those who went and seen it. And after slamming Will Smith was pleased with his performance. The good thing here is I don't have to worry about spoilers since we know this story already. lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

For the months/weeks on twitter leading up to this release people of all stripes were just killing Smith over this. They just knew he was going to be awful. Some white guys in particular appeared to be affronted personally by Smith taking the place of Robin Williams. I mean it was probably almost as traumatic as Steve Rogers handing over his shield to Sam! One white lady with a decent following tweeted that Smith's career was guaranteed to be over once the movie opened and that Smith was an idiot and disrespectful by taking the role in the first place considering what went down with Williams. I told her to please pin that tweet to the top of her twitter account so people can see how well it aged, one way or another, in the coming weeks.

So I was particularly happy to read all the praise Smith was getting from people on twitter days before the reviews embargo was dropped. Smith is getting some of his best reviews of the past decade for this flick. I have no interest in seeing this (I don't care for these live action remakes) but I'm happy for Big Willie. Found out something else that happens with his character from a personal standpoint but I won't mention it here because its a spoiler.

Also I'm very happy for Naomi Smith who, thanks to this movie, sits at #2 on the IMDB Star Watch or whatever its called. Well, she would have been roughly that high regardless because lead women of a hit film typically pop up in IMDB's top five. However the great thing for Scott is that she is arguably getting the best raves of anyone in the film. And most importantly audiences are falling in love with her. Considering the hate she had been receiving for about a year now this is particularly rewarding. For those who don't know Scott has been taking abuse on social media from people who lambasted her casting because of her ethnicity. She is not Arabic or Mideastern like the guy playing Aladdin. She is of Indian ancestry. Now I can understand people being disappointed with that, in particular Arabic women who wanted to see a woman of their race represented on screen. But it had gotten ugly with folks practically invading every post Scott put out on her twitter and Instagram by attacking her and taunting her. Most of the charge were led by Woke members of society who were not Mideastern. What's even worse they kept labeling Scott as white because she's a British citizen and came from a family in which one of her parents is white. How does that make her white though in an era in which people of color claim every celebrity of color even if that celeb is biracial? I can't recall ever looking at a photo of Scott and thinking "oh, she's a white gal."

Interesting enough some of the harshest critics of Scott were black chicks who dismissed her as some white girl. That's funny considering half the black female icons they slurp over are biracial bitches with a white mom or a white dad. There's a rumor that one of those biracial icons, Zendaya, will be cast as the lead in the Little Mermaid. Okay by their own Woke standards, that would be eeven worse casting than Scott as Jasmine in Aladdin. Is Zendaya the person you think of when envisioning a pale-skin, redhead with light eyes? That's white female erasure if Disney goes through with that.

11. SilverSmith

New Swamp Thing poster:

[​IMG]

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I've been hearing nothing but good things about this show, pre-release. The closest I've heard to a negative comment is a reviewer complaining that the entire season should be dropped at once (for bingeing), instead of releasing an episode a week.

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Did the people offended for Robin Williams just not want the movie to ever be made? Because NOBODY could do what Williams did, and Williams is dead now. The smartest thing for Smith was to make it his own instead of doing a poor impression. I haven't seen the movie but may check it out on streaming.

14. SilverSmith

New Black Mirror Season 5 key art:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. darkcurry

Cloak And Dagger Season Finale Art
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

Marvel's Jessica Jones: Season 3 | Date Announcement | Netflix
    The Final Season

I'm going to miss her. Krysten Ritter has done a MARVELOUS job playing Jessica Jones. I hate the way things unfolded and we never got that Luke and Jessica relationship the fans wanted, but I appreciate what the actors have done bringing these characters to live action.

17. darkcurry

Swamp Thing | Full Trailer | DC Universe | The Ultimate Membership

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm already sold on this, so I'm skipping this trailer to go into the show as fresh as possible. I'm still deciding if I'll watch the first episode immediately, or wait until I can binge several episodes.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

That's about right.

20. SilverSmith

New from Lionsgate: The first Rambo: the Last Blood trailer, giving us a first peek at Sly in action.