The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Press release:

Based on the 1940 acclaimed novel by Richard Wright, Native Son tells the story of Bigger (Ashton Sanders), a young African-American living in Chicago who is hired as a chauffeur for an affluent businessman named Will Dalton (Bill Camp). As Thomas enters this seductive new world of money and power -- including a precarious relationship with Dalton's daughter, Mary (Margaret Qualley) -- he faces unforeseen choices and perilous circumstances that will alter the course of his life forever.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think we talked about this movie in the IR bm/ww movie thread. I thought that this was coming to theatres.

4. SilverSmith

Amazon Prime Video has confirmed that the fourth and final season of the The Man in the High Castle will premiere this fall. The final season is filming in Vancouver and will wrap in March.

5. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Fandango-Owned Rotten Tomatoes Tweaks Ratings System to Thwart Trolls:

"As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number. (The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.''

The moves are part of a broader effort to make the audience-rating system more trustworthy and useful to readers, Fandango President Paul Yanover said.

6. SilverSmith

Because you demanded it! LOL

[​IMG]

7. SilverSmith

Dark Phoenix poster featuring Sophie Turner as the lead character. Trailer 2morrow.

[​IMG]

8. darkcurry

Hope it's good for this long of wait.

9. darkcurry

Seen the Season Finale Of The Gifted earlier and it was intense, strong storytelling and exciting! One of the underrated Marvel shows.

They also debuted Thunderbird's awakening and classic look. And had him Embrace who he is.

[​IMG]

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

John Proudstar!!!!! Cool they brought him to life

11. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Aquaman 2 Set for 2022
    02/27/2019

With the first film having grossed $1.138 billion worldwide, Warner Bros today has set the Aquaman 2 release date for December 16, 2022.

https://bit.ly/2Svggsf

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

13. SilverSmith

14. ColiBreh1

Didn't they already do a Dark Phoenix movie in the late 2000's?

15. darkcurry

At The UK Premiere Of Captain Marvel

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Interesting as to why they had the U.K. Premiere before the U.S. premiere and if they will have a a U.S. premiere with how BIG they did it overseas.

16. ColiBreh1

I'm pretty sure the MCU movies have always done the European red carpet premiere, like a week before they do the U.S. red carpet premire.

This is something you can easily look up on the Wikipedia page for each MCU film.

17. darkcurry

Not recently as a Major event; World Premiere

Black Panther
    and Infinity WAR had their world premieres in the U.S.

Captain Marvel comes out next week.

18. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

So sad to hear about Luke Perry :( I wish him a complete and speedy recovery. Yes I know he wasn't in on this questionable mini-series but he is still core 90210 to me. How do they justify this title though its is like having Aegon Targaryen and then his little brother Jon Snow being Aegon Targaryen as well. Why the hell shit all over the CW reboot which was 20% spin-off to me by taking the exact same name??

19. darkcurry

What happened to Luke Perry?

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List