The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

In my mind the MCU would not exist if not for Iron Man, but that's just me, not asking anybody to agree. Stan hasn't written a comic in 30 years but they keep putting him in cameos. OG status emeritus.

Most all the MCU villains except Loki have been lame hence the Avengers turning on each other in three separate movies instead of giving us Masters of Evil/Lethal Legion/Thunderbolts for them to fight. Stane was good for what he was, plus I love ol' Jeff Bridges. Better than the Mandarin turning out to be an actor in IM3. And I hated how they collapsed Titanium Man and Whiplash into one villain in IM2 (although I liked the silver armor in the race track scene). The OG IM remains the best of the trilogy IMO. It's funny how the old Iron Man comics were all cold war with him fighting China and Russia, now we don't want to offend them as they are movie audiences now.

If I were to knock IM off the top spot, Black Panther would be #1 no question, with Winter Soldier #2.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That's fair just personal choice. I liked Kilmonger more since like the Joker he makes you think. Its cut and dry like the Red Skull

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Netflix has dropped the full trailer for its Lost in Space reboot. The cast includes Black Sails alum Toby Stephens as the Robinson family patriarch and indie darling Parker Posey as the diabolical Dr. Smith. Winning! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  4. Soscean

Soscean Member

In the photo, the robot look like the geth, and in the trailer he sound like Sovereign. It also looked like they was driving the Mako. haha

5. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Entertainment Weekly has revealed its 15 new collectible Avengers: Infinity War covers. Available this Friday, true believers.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. SilverSmith

Legion Season 2 premeries April 3rd on FX.

Based on the Marvel Comics by Chris Claremont and Bill Sienkiewicz, Legion is the story of David Haller (Dan Stevens), a man who believed himself to be schizophrenic only to discover that he may actually be the most powerful mutant the world has ever seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

8. ColiBreh1

9. ColiBreh1

10. ColiBreh1

The just dropped this First Look trailer a few days ago:

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm digging season 2 of Jessica.

13. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

I guess that boycott didn't turn out the way it was supposed to.

Best comic book movies (DC/Marvel)

1. Black Panther (no mainstream blockbuster has ever captured the ethos of black rage like this, and a (soon to be) $1 billion grosser to boot!)
    2. Superman 2 (1980)
    3. Spider Man 2 (2004)
    4. Iron Man
    5. Blade

As much as people talk up Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, I remember seeing them but can't recall the plots or much of anything else.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I kept my list to current MCU films only, and not ALL superhero flicks.

Kudos for reaching back to Superman 2. That was as good as it got pre-CGI

Winter Soldier was the best Marvel movie before Panther came along. Literally brings tears to my eyes when I watch it. Yes I admit it. "The price of freedom is high" speech gets me every time. Plus they give Falcon a LOT of screen time and set pieces. If Cap actually existed I'd take up arms to help him. Team Cap forever!!!!

Guardians is OK. Marvel's Star Wars. It's the silliest and most kid-friendly of the Marvel flicks IMO

16. SilverSmith

Is it me, or does Thanos looks goofy without headgear? Each time I see him I think "mammoth purple grape", not super villain extraordinaire.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Sillier than those damn Ewoks? Lol

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Vin Diesel Confirmed For Bloodshot

March 2018

Sony Pictures has closed a deal with Vin Diesel to star in the studio’s sci-fi/action movie Bloodshot, an adaptation of the Valiant comic book series.

The Bloodshot series, comprised of more 110 issues with more than 7.5 million copies sold, centers on Ray Garrison, aka Bloodshot. Brought back from the dead by Rising Spirit Technologies through the use of nanotechnology and suffering total memory loss, Ray struggles to reconnect with who he was while learning what sort of weapon he has become, with the help of a group of other augmented combatants.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  19. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Ok, but are people still boycotting this movie?

20. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Opened in China this weekend made 66.5 million pushing it officially over $1 Billion.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black-panther-china-debut-takes-151847823.html

Interesting video of how Korean reacted to Black Panther

Are we talking just Marvel studios, marvel properties or are we going all Superhero movies cause if we are going all superhero movies.

1. Civil War
    2.Black Panther
    3.X2: Xmen United
    4.Winter Solider
    5.Spider Man 2

Splitting hair though cause Avengers, The Dark Knight, Deadpool, Blade., could all be in there as well. I want to put say Iron Man should kind of get special consideration as this movie not only launched Marvel Studios but help bring the whole superhero genre back and take it to the level where we are now. I think people forget before Iron Man people were getting superhero/comic book sick. There were lots of clunkers. studios were just rushing them out and they were piss poor. Fantastic 4, Catwoman, Spider-Man 3, Xmen 3, Superman returns, Ghost Rider, I could go on and on. Without Iron Man we might never have gotten Black Panther.