Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

More of a Teaser then a Trailer.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Star Wars' Ahsoka Tano Series Finds Its Sabine Wren

[​IMG]

The upcoming Star Wars series Ahsoka for Disney+ has cast its Sabine Wren.

According to Deadline, Natasha Liu Bordizzo will play Sabine in her first foray into live-action. She's best known for her roles in Guns Akimbo and Hotel Mumbai.

In August, it was reported that Lucasfilm was looking to cast Sabine for Ahsoka following months of speculation about her involvement in the show. Debuting in Rebels, the character is a Mandalorian warrior and a member of Clan Wren with a knack for artistry. Over the course of Rebels, she would come into possession of the symbolic Darksaber, which factored heavily into The Mandalorian and represents the freedom and restoration of Mandalore. However, she would eventually relinquish the weapon to Bo-Katan Kryze, who somehow lost it to Moff Gideon prior to the events of The Mandalorian.

Sabine's last appearance was in the series finale of Rebels, which saw her and Ahsoka in search of Ezra Bridger after he and Grand Admiral Thrawn disappeared by way of a pod of Purrgil. Ahsoka, meanwhile, made it clear during her appearance in Season 2 of The Mandalorian that she was still looking for Ezra, despite not being accompanied by Sabine.

News of Sabine's addition to Ahsoka follows series star Rosario Dawson seemingly confirming that Mena Massoud and Lars Mikkelsen would play Ezra and Thrawn, respectively, along with the surprise announcement that Hayden Christensen would reprise his role as Anakin Skywalker. Christensen will also appear in Obi-Wan Kenobi after being absent from the Star Wars franchise since Revenge of the Sith.

Of course, many fans wanted to see Rebels voice actor Tiya Sircar play Sabine in live-action, and while that isn't the case, she recently thanked fans for their outpouring of support. "You guys are honestly the best," she wrote. "Just wanted to pop on here to tell you I've seen all of your sweet tweets and memes and hashtags and calls for petitions and man, y'all really know how to make a girl feel loved. Thanks, friends, LOVE YOU RIGHT BACK."

Ahsoka has yet to receive a premiere date.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

Disney Plus has released a new promo for its new series The Book of Boba Fett.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  5. SilverSmith

The Book of Boba Fett: The Return

6. SilverSmith

''Prepare to embark on new adventures within the High Republic era.''

7. SilverSmith

Ming-Na Wen as she reflects on her role of a lifetime in a new featurette.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220127_133839.jpg

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The last two episodes of The Book Of Boba Fett have been some of the best Star Wars I've seen in 30+ years.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is it true that Cad Bane from "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" animated series is on this show? I'm randomly browsing my YouTube recommendations & there's a video titled "Why Cad Bane is So Important to The Book of Boba Fett" from some YouTube channel named "Star Wars Explained" under the gaming section.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yep!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I have heard rumors about a dispute between Pedro and Favreau/Filoni and it really does feel like that.

Like they made Boba Fett cause Mandolorian had issues but fixed the issue got Pedro back then proceeded to make Mando Season 2.5 lol.

But yeah if u forget this is suppose to be Boba Fett show its great.

• List
  13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ahsoka Casts Former Punisher Ray Stevenson in Villain Role - But Not Thrawn

[​IMG]

Disney+'s upcoming Star Wars series Ahsoka has cast a villain, but perhaps not the one fans were expecting.

According to THR, Vikings, Punisher: War Zone and Thor star Ray Stevenson will play a big bad in the series. It's worth noting, however, that while he'll portray an admiral, he's not playing Grand Admiral Thrawn. Stevenson joins Rosario Dawson's eponymous Jedi, as well as Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker, Natasha Liu Bordizzo's Sabine Wren, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ivanna Sakhno.

This isn't Stevenson's first foray into the world of Star Wars. The actor previously voiced Mandalorian Gar Saxon in both The Clone Wars and Rebels, but his death prior to the events of the original trilogy all but confirms Stevenson will be playing a different character in his live-action Star Wars debut.

Though Stevenson will portray a villainous admiral in Ahsoka, fans are still waiting for news on Grand Admiral Thrawn, who was namedropped in Ahsoka's Mandalorian Season 2 appearance. In July 2021, Dawson seemingly confirmed Lars Mikkelsen would reprise the role from Rebels, with Aladdin star Mena Massoud playing Ezra Bridger. Disney has yet to officially announce either actor for the show.

"It’s thrilling, I gotta tell you," Ahsoka executive producer Dave Filoni said in October 2021 about bringing the character he co-created with George Lucas into her own live-action series. "It’s something you imagine doing for a long time. And then it’s kind of startling when you’re sitting there, and now you have to do it.” As you’d imagine, the show is offering him the chance to tell an Ahsoka story he’s always wanted to tell – with some new additions. “I thought of this adventure for Ahsoka for a long time, and it’s interesting to see how it’s evolved,” he says. “Years ago, I never would have imagined that it was sprung from a branch of a tree that had anything to do with a guy [like] Din Djarin, or a child that looks like Yoda. It’s a great lesson for me on how, when you have other creatives like Jon Favreau, they can help lend such dimension and depth to what you’re doing."

Ahsoka has yet to receive a premiere date.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I raved about the previous two episodes of The Book Of Boba Fett because they were great, some of the best Star Wars I've seen in years. However, the season finale that just aired this week was.............NOT GOOD. Robert Rodriguez is a terrible director for this kind of show, I've seriously seen better-directed 90s SciFi channel movies. If you haven't seen the series yet I'd watch episodes 1, 5, and 6 and skip the rest. I hope Obi Wan and Ahsoka don't let Robert Rodriguez come near them with a 10-foot pole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

The Book Of Boba Fett Finale Viewership Higher Than The Mandalorian Season 2 Closer

Disney+’s season one finale of Lucasfilm’s The Book of Boba Fett clocked 1.5M U.S. households according to Samba TV from the show’s Wednesday to Sunday run.

That’s 36% higher than the 5-day finale draw of The Mandalorian‘s season 2 which streamed from Dec. 18-22, 2020, and pulled in 1.1M U.S. households per Samba TV metrics. The season one finale of The Book of Boba Fett, “In the Name of Honor,” was directed by Robert Rodriguez and written by Jon Favreau and Noah Kloor.

Some might argue that the viewership uptick here boils down to an increase in Disney+ subscribers, which were +11.8M to 129.8M worldwide at the end of their recent Q1. However, the streamer for the first time ever reported its U.S. and Canadian portion, that being 42.9M subs.

It’s interesting to note that there is typically ease in eyeballs between a Disney+ series’ season premiere and that of its finale, read The Book of Boba Fett was -12% from the 1.7M U.S. households it pulled in for episode one over its first five days, Dec. 29-Jan. 2. Such declines have occurred with live-action Marvel series, i.e. WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki and Hawkeye, the latter seeing a shift of 1.5M (Nov. 24-28, 2021) for its first episode down to 1.3M for its season one conclusion (Dec. 22-26, 2021), a -13% decline (both weighted at 5-days).

Since the launch of Disney+, per Samba TV, the biggest season finale viewership to date for a series belongs to Marvel’s Loki season one which drew 1.9M U.S. households (July 14-18, 2021) through its first five days. Loki also touted the biggest Disney+ season premiere with 2.5M over five days (June 9-13).

Samba TV measures 3M terrestrial Smart TV households who clock into an episode for at least five minutes.

Stateside, The Book of Boba Fett‘s audience skewed middle income and up (incomes $50k+), male (+4%), young to middle-aged (ages 25-54), and Caucasian (+9%). Of the top 25 largest DMAs, Portland, OR over-performed the most (+85%), followed by Seattle, WA (+57%) and Denver, CO (+9%) for the L+4D window.

“The momentum and excitement for the first season of The Book of Boba Fett certainly carried through to the finale,” observed Cole Strain, Samba TV’s Head of Measurement, “In fact, the 1.5M U.S. households watching the debut season’s finale through the weekend was 36% higher than The Mandalorian’s season two finale. Disney has done a great job creating strong original content that keeps viewers engaged and coming back for more.”

[​IMG]

[via Deadline]

17. SilverSmith

Star Wars: The Old Republic Celebrate 10 Years With New Trailer

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

19. SilverSmith

Star Wars: Tales of The Jedi in Development

Disney announces Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi. It will be a series of animated anthology shorts with Dave Filoni likely involved in the production. The project will have a panel at the Star Wars Celebration in May.

[​IMG]

[via CinemaCon]

20. SilverSmith