Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

There!

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New footage of the forthcoming epic.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I will probably wait for its digital release. When I saw what they did with finn... I'll just wait.

4. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money on The Last Jedi. John Boyega's Finn character has a pointless, redundant story arc (has no impact on the overall plot), and if my homie who saw it can be trusted, references being a "janitor" in the First Order.

Also, the manic killer in the movie is the romantic lead, not Finn.

Fuck Star Wars!

Let's hope Lando won't have to carry Solo's bag in the upcoming Han Solo movie.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Feel free to post your impressions of the movie, but No Spoilers, please.

8. meowkittenmeow

Not surprising. Especially after that bait and switch thing they did in the marketing leading up to the force awakens.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll rent that shit.

9. thefieryphoenix

thefieryphoenix Active Member

I can't wait to see The Last Jedi. I'm counting down the days until the movie comes out in theaters.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

A Racist Shit Show No Black Man Should Support It

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If George Lucas hadn't sold the Star Wars franchise, he would have ended the saga after six chapters. But he originally wrote nine stories. He is getting old but his inspirational directorial idol, Akira Kurosawa was over a hundred years old and still writing and directing films before he left this world.

Perhaps this is a good move. He can make independent films the way he wants like actors who form their own production companies. He will have a free hand and not worry about answering to anyone.

Then, again, he should enjoy the money he made from this transaction.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The movie is getting mixed reviews

Spoilers in the tab below

I wouldn't call Star Wars racist. To be honest I never really thought they were going to pair Rey and Finn up romanticly anyway. So it dosesn't bother me if they are trying to pair him up with the plucky Asian girl.

As for the movie itself, it was visually beautiful, but it was poorly written.

There is literally an entire chunk of this with Finn and Rose searching for a code breaker, that could be taken out and the plot wouldn't have changed at all.

It was nice to finally see Leia use the force, but the scene looked so silly that it was kind of hard to enjoy seeing the landmark moment.

One thing that kept irritating me was seeing how Chewbacca kept taking orders from Rey, why the hell is he listening to her? and why the hell does she have ownership of the Millenial Falcon? He is a 200-year-old veteran of more battles than anybody else in the entire movie, so why is he letting her tell him what to do?

I was intrigued by the new force abilities. The way powerful force users can bridge the gap between vast distances and physically interact with each other is kind of interesting.

Rey's parents are.......................nobodies........great......just great, It's not like one of the biggest things fans enjoyed was speculating about how she connects to all of this, and it's not like they have said repeatedly that the Star Wars episodes are about the Skywalker family.

Snoke was a nobody, and he's dead now so who cares.

Luke Skywalker was a huge disappointment to me. The last we saw him speak was in Return Of The Jedi, he was so hopeful and at peace with himself. And now he is a surly, self-loathing old weirdo. Oh and Luke is dead too.

So apparently Rey is now the last hope for the Jedi even though she has had even less training then Luke had in the original trilogy. But I forgot it doesn't matter because Rey can do anything.

Poe was good but he actually hurt the cause more than he helped it

Kylo was still a little brat who threw a couple of temper tantrums.

The one biggest glaring issue with this film is its lack of addressing the Carrie Fisher issue. She doesn't die on screen so how are they going to address that in episode 9?

The movie wasn't awful but it's flaws made it difficult to call it good. So far if I'm ranking all the Star Wars movies I'd have to go

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return Of The Jedi
    4. Revenge Of The Sith
    5. Rogue One
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. Attack Of The Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I liked it specifically because it didn't do fan service. After Episode 9 they clearly won't be focusing on the Skywalkers anymore but the overall Star Wars Universe. We were introduced to the Star Wars Universe by way of the Skywalkers but aren't making them the center of it going forward

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. Once you accept no white writers or directors can or will make a non white person a lead in well established series it becomes easier to watch. When I watch it as a continuation of a series I already love instead of groundbreaking media its much easier to watch

15. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is like that really hot chick you've been wanting to bed so long only to come to find out the pussy is trash.

Theirs so much wrong with this film. My 10 year was utterly bored from start to finish. Might as well called it Micheal Bay: In Space.

16. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Weird how many hot people are without bedroom skills.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. meowkittenmeow

That movie was a polished turd. I dozed off a few times, so to be fair I might have missed the 2 or 3 parts that made it worth 93% on rotten tomatoes. Because I am sure disney wouldn't pay critics for positive ratings.

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Like the saying goes; "Show me the most beautiful person in the world and I'll show you someone who is tired of fucking them, or is tired of their shit."

One or more details, no matter how large or small can affect a person's expectations of people and things. The entertainment industry is no exception.

19. meowkittenmeow

I think if you never go through an ugly period, you never develop an open and giving nature let alone a decent personality.

20. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Very true.

I know many gorgeous people who are nice too. ;)