Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Cuban coffee sounds great, now I want to try it asap!:) When you come to Germany I'll take you to an Italian Espresso bar in Munich;). We pride ourselves in the first Original Italian Segafreddo bar in Germany. Ever since we've been hooked on Italian coffee culture and of course Munich is the "northernmost city of Italy", as we call it. We like to believe we have that flair and style. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. Madeleine

Lol! If you don't want to invest in a coffee maker straight away, get a filter and freshly ground coffee and brew by hand for each cup. Or get the original Italian Bialetti espresso (Moka) pot [​IMG]. I love my Moka can, the ritual of preparation and the smell of coffee in the whole house.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

From the pictures online, looks like there are some really nice landscapes and architecture in Munich, its probably a hidden jewel.

4. Madeleine

Munich is the third biggest city in Germany and has lots and lots of tourism. Not just for Oktoberfest which Americans love, but year round. Most people think Munich and Hamburg are the most beautiful cities in Germany, although they are very different in many ways. Then of course Berlin has a lot of interesting historic sites, but it's not "beautiful" as such, rather it's an interesting city. I love that Munich has this Southern flair.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Cologne interest me more than Berlin.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was another fire at my job. I got called in while I was trying to enjoy my much-needed day off. I spent four hours working. The fire was started by a co-worker who was just playing around. He confessed and is now in jail for arson.

I will be paid for this because the manager called me. No excuses. They're going to pay me.

7. Madeleine

Your job is like a soap opera!

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It is. I've been living it for over two years and I'm trying to get out to pursue my dreams. But while I am still working, I am on survival mode.

Someone from the corporate office is coming to assess the damage and other issues.

Our next quarterly bonus is the second week in December. I hope it will not affect the bonus we have worked so hard for.

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I think it's because I've heard similar comments in regard to black men so many times over the years, but a coworker showed me a picture of her new boyfriend today, and I said, "Not bad for a white boy." lmao

She didn't seem to know how to take that. lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had to take my car into the mechanic today because the front brakes were in serious need of service. It has been close to four hours now. I took the time to walk for a while. I looked around in City Furniture, Ashley Furniture, El Dorado Furniture and Rooms To Go and other stores. Thankfully, it's payday for me today. The car is the first priority before everything else.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I guess shopping online is the only way to get computer glasses.

12. Madeleine

I have been having problems with this site for a few days now. Antivirus keeps popping up with a warning and shuts down the site. Has anything changed here??

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Nothing has changed that I'm aware of, and my guess is that it may have something to do with your antivirus settings, which could've been possibly set off by something someone posted from a questionable site (it happens on occasion, especially with pictures).

I sent Webbie an email about it, so hopefully he'll be able to look into it for you and get it straightened out soon.

14. Madeleine

Thank you!

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I've been cheated. Hoodwinked. Bamboozled.

I'm at my desk and I smell pumpkin pie in the oven. My pulse quickens. My mouth waters. My stomach growls in expectation of all that sweet, sweet holiday goodness.

After an hour or so, I'm famished. The smell permeates every inch of the apartment. Surely, it must be ready!

I come barreling out of the back room like a wheelchair version of Fast and The Furious. I take a hard right into the livingroom narrowly missing the cat. And, then I see it, smoke rising while it sits squarely on the mantle mocking me ...

... a mutha fuckin' pumpkin spice scented candle. I'm done.

16. Madeleine

@samson1701

Oh no!

But you have writing talent! Hope you are doing something with it.:)

17. samson1701

Thank you. But, it's just a couple of paragraphs. If something happens, I just describe what I see. And, outside of my journalism classes back in school, I've not really been serious about it. I enjoy creating songs much more. However, over the last couple of years, I've had an idea for a story. Not sure what, if anything, I'll ever do with it. Having an idea is one thing. But, actually crafting a good story is something else entirely.

But, thanks for the compliment. Oh, FYI, my girl is going to bake me an actual pumpkin pie this week. So, I'm good. ...lol

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Test drove that Tesla 3 might be an early Xmas gift to myself

19. samson1701

Nah, fam. Hold on to your coins until the new Tesla Roadster comes out. 0 - 60 in under 2 seconds. ...lol

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol I'm knocking at 40's door. I just want something I like at this point don't need to go too fast. Its either the 3 or the x. Ive been disciplined for 3 years papa deserves a treat