Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That was his mutual wedding band and not some extra engagement bullshit with a fat diamond

Miss me with the false comparison

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Off my nuts youngin lol

I would've been fine with just a sweet band, he chose the set not me. The point is that my rings cost thousands, as did his. It's not a one sided deal. And even if it was, who cares?! If we've decided to spend the rest of our days together, your debt is mine and vice versa lol

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

5. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous to spend that much money on a ring imo.
    Are they doing it because the woman is expecting it or because they want to make her happy and THINK she is expecting it?
    I don't understand why a symbol of love and commitment is supposed to cost that much.
    Maybe Germany is more different than the US than I thought it is.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

ok ok. heres your ring.

done and done

7. The Dark King

Because low self esteem women need the approval of everyone in order to enjoy their life long commitment with the man they "love"
    If you truly love me I could put that 6k to whatever use I want for US and that would make you happy.
    Truth be told I'd rather put that money towards your school loans or something really valuable not some symbol to make people who barely care about you jealous for an hour.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Cant be bothered reading through all the posts but for these last ones... and totally agree with you both here.
    I have been saying forever that the diamond industry is inflated BS, compliments of Deebeers who manipulate the market by withholding what is a saturated earth stone..

The money spent on an expensive diamond engagement ring is better served as a down payment on a house.

9. Unique4ever

I never agreed with you more! Spend the money on a nice vacation, a downpayment for a house or whatever is really needed.
    I don't know, I couldn't walk around with that much money on my hand.
    I would always be scared of getting robbed or losing it.

10. The Dark King

Yup
    I don't get why three months salary (the standard around here) should be spent entirely one person and why on something some frivalous as a damn ring.
    I know guys who've spent upwards of 20k on this bs and I know its their money but if the relationship ever ends you're stuck with something you're lucky to get 25% of the money back on. It's a truly dumbass investment.

11. The Dark King

I say that all the time and the common answer is well I'll get it insured. Why the hell are you buying something that expensive that you'll need another insurance payment in your life?
    My girlfriend has already made it clear she wants a ring, truth be told she'll get one but it's not gonna cost more than my mortgage payment that's just insane.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not to mention, simulated diamonds are just as beautiful.

Keep in mind also that that most expensive engagement rings cannot be worn due to loss or theft. Many rich people wear fakes keeping the real baubles in the safe. So why spend 3 mnths of pay on an inflated rock when you can buy one reasonably priced and have change left over.

13. Unique4ever

Oh well, they can wear the real one once in a while at home and feel really "loved" :rolleyes:

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

But if you buy your girl a fake rock, she'll think u don't love her

Lol

15. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Exactly. Something affordable for your income and heartfelt. That's what I imagine most women want. Two of my dear friends walk around with those enormous rocks for wedding rings (one has left hers in the employee bathroom on numerous occasions when washing up...I always take it and swear I'm not gonna return it if I find it again lol). It's crazy. They're beautiful rings but too much for a plain person like me lol. One of my bff's hates diamonds and got engaged with a sapphire band ring. It's stunning and suits her just right. Exactly as it should be. :heart:

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

18. orejon4

No, you're wrong. All my gifts and treats were delivered courtesy of a talking rabbit and an obese guy via my chimney.

19. The Dark King

20. orejon4

I would, if someone would front me the money to purchase some bootstraps. And boots.