Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I came in tonight logged on and that is the first thing I saw going down my TL on twitter. Gone too soon. Rest In Paradise Chadwick.

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Agree with that. So young and not expected since he was quiet about his illness. He played many roles that meant a lot to people.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  3. Random_Lee

Random_Lee New Member

yeah this one was shocking.... 43 is way too young. RIP

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The man was tougher than nails. I wouldn't live in pain for 4 years. Rest in peace with no more pain.
    [​IMG]

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

This really bums me out. What always impressed me most about him was how he carried himself. He always came across to me as positive, humble, down to earth, and caring. To have the strength to keep going like he did while being that sick, especially when the pain & suffering levels had to be insane, makes me respect him even more. He was an inspiring and talented man, and my heart goes out to his family and everyone else who loved him. RIP, Chadwick.

6. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The one silver lining about the tragic death of a celebrity due to an illness is that the illness itself gets a spotlight on it for a little while. I hope young men and women will realize how important cancer screenings are, colorectal cancers are on the rise in people under 50 and (like a lot of things) black people are especially at risk. So if y'all really want to honor the life and legacy of Chadwick Boseman, save the #WakandaForever and instead make an appointment to get a colonoscopy.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Legendary Georgetown Head basketball coach John Thompson passes away at the age of 78. R.I.P.

He was the 1st black head coach to win an NCAA Championship; while many of us growing up during the 1980s figured Georgetown was an HBCU because their coach and their team looked just like us.

I always wanted a Starter jacket too but it was always one of the most expensive at that time and we now know why.

So many lives were changed by this great man not to mention all the NBA Hall of Famers he coached.

He was a blueprint and a mentor to so many due to how much he was respected and admired. Pure class.

20200831_175227.jpg
    20200831_175205.jpg
    20200831_180356.jpg
    20200831_175238.jpg
    20200831_175147.jpg
    20200831_175142.jpg
    20200831_175215.jpg
    20200831_175210.jpg
    20200831_175201.jpg
    20200831_180337.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

A great loss.

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-08-31-19-54-23(1).jpg

12. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Legendary actress Diana Rigg passed away at the age of 82. Many of us remember her as Lady Olenna Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" however her catalogue is vast and her acting career stretched over many decades. R.I.P.

20200910_182826.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm very late. Didn't even know Frank was dead wow.
    [​IMG]

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Tell Cerci I want her to know it was me.

Damn what a shame

19. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200918-182737_Instagram.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. Tamstrong