BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Mary Stuart Masterson.jpeg Rocky Carroll.jpeg

NCIS has an IR brewing...Rocky Carroll and Mary Stuart Masterson ended with Rocky's character asking her out to dinner...she said," it took you long enough"...Rocky's character had his wife killed in past years tv plots...

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I was thinking about Val-Zod, but he is on earth-2 and on earth-2 Kara Zor-el is known as Power Girl. But as we have seen with them turning James into The Gaurdian
    it could happen, but as I said I don't think they would actually go for an actual IR relationship on the show especially with the main character.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup. They'll do it all day and twice on Sundays for literally everyone but black men

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Y'all see the reason that Lee Daniels gave out this week about why he made the Lead character white:
    https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/806284011945492480
    [​IMG]
    http://jezebel.com/lee-daniels-made-his-star-protagonist-white-because-the-1789740885

5. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

So is this Lee Daniel's Star IR-Friendly? :confused:

6. ColiBreh1

She looks Bi-racial in her instagram pics: https://www.instagram.com/judedemorest/

From looking through her instagram, her Husband is black & she seems very pro-BLM. Her Husband is Record Producer/Songwriter Ammo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammo_(musician)) who's produced for a bunch of big name Pop & R&B Artists

[​IMG] So they gonna have a bi-racial chick playing a straight-up white chick? Has that ever happened before?

If she has Black love interest on the show do y'all count that as IR?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

biracial women have played white women before.

I wouldn't count it as ir, I've dated white passing biracial women before and honestly it didn't feel like an ir relationship to me. I didn't have the same vibe as when I'm with WW if that makes any sense.

8. ColiBreh1

Examples?

9. MilkandCoffee

Rashida Jones

10. ColiBreh1

In what role?

11. MilkandCoffee

I don't follow her like that but I'm sure she has. Wentworth Miller is a male example of a biracial man who plays white more than black.

12. The Dark King

I feel you been down that road and I think for me there was far less explaining. Not to mention there's less of a family taboo for both sides of your families .

13. The Dark King

14. ColiBreh1

I was specifically asking about biracial (Mulattos. Quadroons don't count) women playing WW. We already know about dudes like The Rock & Vin Diesel being racially ambiguous when they shave their head bald. I think Wentworth Miller might be a quadroon though.

Anyways I don't think I've ever seen Rashida Jones in role I thought she was playing a straight-up ww, maybe racially ambiguous. All these majority-white movies/TV shows I've seen her in, I always looked at her characters as the token bi-racial/black friend (Same goes for Maya Rudolph). Kind of hard to look at her playing a WW when she has a famous full black father.

15. ColiBreh1

I think Lee Daniels has some sick self-hating coon issues. I got put on to the fact this week that he said something in the past about he's made his kids read Anne Frank 100 times, but doesn't want them reading "Roots".

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That is the silliest reason for making the lead "white". He would of done better just saying "I picked who fitted the role, and the story I wanted to tell."
    Especially when this seems to have a lot of negative drama in it.

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Don't forget Jennifer Beals in several roles she had played WW.

18. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

100 Streets Idris Elba + Gemma Arterton

A powerful ensemble drama that follows three contrasting and interwoven stories as they play out in one square mile of modern day London. A former rugby player, Max, struggles to find a life off the field while fighting to save his marriage to former actress Emily. Kingsley is a small time drug dealer desperately seeking a way off the street. While completing his community service for a misdemeanor, Kinsley meets Terence, a local thespian, who gives him the push he needs out of his dead-end life and into a very different, creative world. George, a cab driver, and his wife Kathy dream of having kids, but a devastating road accident puts their hopes on hold even testing their otherwise strong marriage. Anybody can make a wrong turn, but it's the journey that allows us to find the right path.

The two actually have a sex scene in the film as well
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://openload.co/embed/nzNVdlFiZZw/Gemma_Arterton_-_100_Streets_(2016).mkv.mp4

19. ColiBreh1

You do realize we have an active dedicated IR in Movies thread right?: http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/f...rite-ir-flicks-or-films-with-ir-in-them.6793/

Also use the Spoiler quotes. This movie doesn't come out to the U.S. till next month or 2.

20. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] OK. I've given in & I'm watching this series premiere right now. Ole Girl's Instagram page made me give in. She looking sexy AF in this pilot too.