BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Damenova mentioned this last week (go back to the previous page). I was going to mention it myself but he (or she) beat me to the pun

So I was stuck at home on Friday. And for the first time since perhaps when Evil was on on CBS I decided to watch the debut of a broadcast network TV series. Ummm here are my thoughts

Calloway's character is portrayed as a serial womanizer who has major commitment issues. Gabriela is all into him but is disappointed when he at first doesn't respond the way she wanted him to when she said she loved him. He later corrects that but...is he sincere? Anyway the show has already set him up as a possibly untrustworthy romantic partner who may be hard to sympathize with. His white rival however, though fresh out of jail, is portrayed as far more honorable and worthy and sincere. A possible roughneck bad boy with a heart. He helps Gabriela with her car problems when he returns to town and runs into her for the first time I should add. What's worse is that he makes Calloway's character look like a chump when it comes to fireman capabilities. The Calloway character is flailing when fighting the big fire outbreak of the week. He stumbles and later has a tree fall on him which pins him down. But You see the white bad boy is a former firefighter himself from this same community. He breaks ranks from the prison gang he is with, disobeys a command to leave the area and goes off like the noble man he is to save the trapped firefighters. Twice he rescues Jordan's character from certain doom. But he does so somewhat out of spite because it turns out he has a bad history with him. Someone the white dude cared about ( a crush, a former girlfriend, a sister ?) died at his hands but the situation was supposedly initiated by Calloway's character breaking her heart and causing her to become distraught.

The Calloway character seems like a good person overall on the surface but he is immature and a bit of a playboy. Now on a show on a prestige streaming service network I could imagine writers having larger plans to slowly reveal deeper layers and provide an adequate story regarding why he is a womanizer. But I won't hold my breath that a CBS show relegated to Friday nights would do something like that.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Here's something to look forward to.

The second show I had been aware of in terms of its plotline and the actors cast to play the lead roles. I am surprised we are already getting a teaser for it.

The first show with Alexandra Daddario caught me off guard. I didn't know anything about it. I can confirm though that her black male co-star character is NOT gay and while their characters are a bit different from the books, there could be a romance between them (or at the very least a romance in which the black guy hooks up with one of her sisters).

• List
  3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Uhhh yeahh..... this is not for me.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I assume the IR will disappoint, but I do hope there's good werewolf stuff in that second one

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

i was hope Rachel Bloom will hook up with brother

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Which episode of Chicago Med’s current season does this happen? I might as well finish out that storyline.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They used to date in real life?

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

That was obvious from the trailer lol...I only gamble like that on SciFi and Fantasy lol.
    A firefighter drama yeah no...not even going to risk it

9. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a gluten for punishment but I think the brother is the male lead in the Daddario show so I would be surprised if he didn't knock her boots or at least kiss her.

10. Skaddix

I calibrate my expectations to be presently surprised.

It sucks to expect to get fucked over but it is what it is.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Dr. Scott inadvertently wounded Jo in the season seven finale. She dies in the first episode of the current season.

Keegan-Michael Key's character dated Judy Greer's character off-screen.

12. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

No the tv show has a tv show within it. Off-screen ex refers to their relationship inside the actual show, but outside of the show within the show.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

Looks like the black male character on the "Mayfair Witches", Ciprien Grieve, is an original character because I can't find nothing about him in the books when I googled his name. BTW the actor that plays Ciprien Grieve, Tongayi Chirisa, was the actor that played Justin Bell on the CW's "
    iZombie". Justin was Rose McIver's lead character Liv's black love interest in season 4.

EDIT:

This Entertainment Weekly article from last week, covering "Mayfair Witches" at New York Comic Con, says that Ciprien Grieve is an original character based on 2 different characters from the books & confirms that he's Alexandra Daddario's lead character's love interest:

https://ew.com/tv/mayfair-witches-harry-hamlin-new-york-comic-con-2022/
    The upcoming TV series offers a modern take on the books, starring Alexandra Daddario as Rowan Mayfair, a member of a clan of witches with centuries worth of messy family drama. Hamlin plays Cortland Mayfair, the family's patriarch, whom he describes as "the life of the party and the glue that holds all the wonderfully powerful women together." Tongayi Chirisa plays Ciprien Grieve, a combination of two characters from the books (Aaron and Michael) who serves as a love interest to Rowan. Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston rounds out the leads as Lasher, a spirit who's haunted the Mayfairs for generations.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Oh yes I'm looking forward to this.

15. Skaddix

@ColiBreh1 Did they fuse two characters so as not to deal with a love triangle? Sounds promising.

16. darkcurry

It's a damn shame at times we have to do some digging around JUST to find out the black male character's role in some of these shows and movies. But again the media and really the producers has no respect for them.

17. ColiBreh1

LOL before NYCC this past week, there seemed to be NO character description info about Tongayi Chirisa's character Ciprien Grieve. I assume it's because the producers wanted to keep him being the love interest a secret. It's not uncommon for new upcoming TV shows or movies to do that.

I'm not knowledgeable about Anne Rice's books, so I have no idea.

18. Skaddix

I a bit more forgiving @darkcurry @ColiBreh1 because at least he was not hidden in the Trailer.
    He was clearly playing a major role which doesn't always happen in these trailers when the Black Guy isn't the out and out lead.

19. darkcurry

Peripheral with Chloe Grace-Moretz is doing the same thing as well. We have got some depth to his character(Wilf Netherton) but the relationship is still hidden in the promos and trailers. And in the recent promos he is barely shown even though he is being described as an important character.

[​IMG]

20. Skaddix

@darkcurry Honestly I care about the product not so much the marketing...so if we get some IR Sex then I could not care less about the marketing in either of these two series.