BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I have to try that. lol. I saw it in the google images when I brought up those searches for Interracial On TV. But they gave no info.

3. darkcurry

Brasilian Interracial Netflix Comedy Show

Samantha

Folks are really sleeping on how naturally Brazil and British TV shows/Movies show IR involving black men. And by folks I mean U.S. mainstream media. lol.

Not only show it but interesting never heard of before concepts. I usually don't watch a lot of comedies on netflix, but I'll tune in.

4. ColiBreh1

I finally took the time to read the thread about this show on another forum & folks mentioned that Marvel has always been wishy-washy with Cloak & Dagger's relationship in the mainstream marvel universe (Earth-616) with it implied that they probably like each other.

While on the other hand in the Ultimate Marvel universe from Brian Michael Bendis, Cloak & Dagger are officially a couple:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. darkcurry

^^ Speaking of them becoming a couple. The fan base have officially become CRAZED! lol. Everytime the @cloakanddagger twitter page put out a tweet with them it is bombarded with questions and tweets about wanting them to be a couple. Including a black female fan even joking-but-not-joking about mixed babies. lol. https://twitter.com/jenelley__/status/1022320046046109697

And they already have those youtube ship videos with the romantic music.

And other kinds of videos dedicated to them.

Marvel lives in a different Universe. lol.

Season Finale is next week!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

Altered Carbon casts Avengers actor Anthony Mackie as season 2 star
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/27/altered-carbon-renewed-anthony-mackie/
    [​IMG]

Anthony Mackie is taking over as the show’s lead character Takeshi Kovacs. Mackie is stepping in for season 1 star Joel Kinnaman.

That seems to be the shows only casting change so it's potential IR. I guess they can getaway with a character change being as though the show is about
    As Netflix puts it: “The journey of Takeshi Kovacs spans hundreds of years, many different bodies, and planets. This allows the story to explore themes of identity, mortality, and the human soul. In this new season, Anthony Mackie will be the new embodiment of Kovacs, as the series continues to expand on these deeper themes and ideas across longer periods of times and different worlds throughout the universe.”

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

That's good news I love Mackie. People willfully refuse to figure out that race/gender switching is cool for shows like this and Doctor Who because it's baked into the premise that characters can regenerate into anybody, or upload their consciousness into other bodies

Starfire NOT SO MUCH

8. ColiBreh1

SMFH. TV Guide's latest video on their YouTube channel just spoiled tonight's episode of "Wynonna Earp" in my YouTube subscriptions feed.

It's a MAJOR disappointing spoiler.

9. darkcurry

Exit black man, enter black woman. lol. IMO i didn't like the direction they were going with his character anyway and screwed over that relationship with Wynonna and Dolls on top of that. Shamier Anderson is a good actor, female fans love him and he deserves a better story on another show or at least a movie.

Purposely Screwing over the black male characters and creating unromantic and distasteful portrayals of IR relationships involving black men are deal breakers for TV shows and movies to me.

10. ColiBreh1

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

There is a debate on how real this show is, I don't care one way or the other I still watch it.

12. ColiBreh1

New trailer for The CW's "All American" dropped yesterday:

13. darkcurry

^ So then it is Official. The CW will add a third hour.

14. darkcurry

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/cloa...-2-will-director-gina-prince-bythewood-return

Cloak and Dagger Season 2: Will Director Gina Prince-Bythewood Return?

"Prince-Bythewood is a busy creator, but, when Den of Geek had a chance to talk to talk to Pokaski at San Diego Comic-Con, you better believe we inquired about the possibility of the feature film director returning to helm an episode of Season 2.

"Gina and I have an unofficial, nonlegal pact," said Pokaski, "that I'm like, 'When are you coming back?' And she's like, 'When Tandy and Tyrone get together.' She's an amazing human being and an amazing director who has such love for not only Tandy and Tyrone, but Aubrey and Olivia, and we check in a lot. So, it's kind of fitting that the first time they get together that I would love for Gina to be at the helm."

[​IMG]

I kind of wanted her back for more episodes she did such a great job with the first episode.

15. ColiBreh1

Don't you mean adding Sunday to their primetime schedule? Fox doesn't even do a 3rd hour of primetime programming, so why would The CW?

16. darkcurry

^ I heard reports that they were adding a third hour to their primetime programming. And even on Sunday they currently don't have a third hour. And CW is apart of CBS not Fox so I understand the correlation. lol.

17. ColiBreh1

FOX is 1 of the Big 4 broadcast networks. If FOX don't do a 3rd hour of primetime programming, why would a smaller broadcast network like The CW do it?

18. darkcurry

^ As I said that's what I heard. I forget where at the moment, but I''ll search for it.

19. darkcurry

Tonight is the season finale along with the first episode of Runaways airing on Live TV.

[​IMG]

20. darkcurry

The season finale was awesome and had a very beautiful ending that tells us that they are making sure they write their relationship to be as strong as their powers.
    Cloak and Dagger Combined their Powers!.png
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A Teen Drama that made a fan out of this old man without feeling old about it because they made it so older viewers can get into it. lol.