Beyonce and Colorism

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Feb 7, 2018.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Never Heard Of Africans Doing Skin lighting. I'm sure somewhere out there, there are some that do it but that's a Dark skinned Asian trend(Indians, Filipinos, Thai). Black Americans Don't do that shit.

Also It's Easy For You To Say What Black Folks need to do regarding our self image when it's not your features that have been shit on for centuries. Your Natural hair wont get you hemmed up at school or work.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Believe me, Omarosa hasn't lasted this long without tasting the Ivory Tower

3. RicardoCooper

I think she's physically attractive too bad she chose a "bitch" as her public persona

There are plenty of BW who look like trannies, Omarosa isnt one of them IMO

Like I said before if you put Condi's brain into Omarosa's body you'd be on to something

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wow that was incredibly shitty of you. So apparently in your world view being dark skin and pretty is a rarity. Smh. Again are you trying to be ironic or is this purely a coincidence.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Could have fooled me. Looks like Wesley in a dress.

6. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Well they do skin lightening, a lot. In Jamaica, too. And yes, you are right, those aren't my features, but at least I have two boys with Afros and if they were girls I would also want them to love their natural hair. As for mums treating their own half black child poorly, that's terrible and something I absolutely can't comprehend because after all that's your own child, it has nothing to do with colour. Incidentally one of my children takes more after the black side (hair and colour), the other one takes more after me (hair and complexion). There's absolutely no difference in how I feel about them. As for hair at the workplace: my husband has afro or short dreads. It has never been an issue here at the workplace, however it is an issue when he goes to the African country he comes from. That's why I say the perception of colour and their natural hair needs to be changed by black people themselves first. And I know I can't do it for them, it's just observations I have made.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  7. RicardoCooper

Uh yes it is. Many of us are not in NYC where apparently there is a storybook fantasy land of pretty dark-skinned chicks on the level of those in the pic to choose from, with great dispositions that will allow you to just talk to them and pull at will.

Honestly this seems to be a sore subject for you. Feel free to ignore my posts

8. The Dark King

Replace everything you said with black people and tell me you don't get why its disrespectful and just plain wrong.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Attraction and beauty is arbitrary. I don't see the issue. If a white man has the choice of not finding black women attractive then why not a black man? The mentality of actually caring who blackmen are attracted to seems to be a carry over from the Matriarch. If heterosexual men can have respect for one another then, respect is obviously not defined by looks.

10. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I would prefer we did not talk shit about black women on this site. Even in my shitty town there is plenty of gorgeous dark skinned black women. I know they hate us white women that adore black men (and the men that adore us back), but I would prefer to not have any shitty things written about dark skinned (or any other shade of) black women (or men for that matter). It is the grown up thing to do.

11. RicardoCooper

You're not a dark-skinned chick so where's your dog in this hunt. If I was into sistas of any shade, I wouldn't be on a board with WHITE WOMEN in the title. Quit trying to edit and thought police me, it's embarrassing. If I'm so offensive, the ignore button is your friend. Thanks

12. The Dark King

Fam come on that thinking is ludicrous. Its plain racist because its built on the idea that ALL black people look alike like there's no difference between Michael Jordan and Idris Elba. Like Octavia Spencer and Lupita look alike. Its always shown to be a dehumanizing tactic and creates a them/they narrative.
    I don't care who anyone is attracted to but I will speak up when someone groups an entire people as ugly especially one I'm apart of. Interesting how a lot of you black men do not see the apparent and obvious racism here.

13. The Dark King

Because I am human being its called empathy. I don't have to experience something to call it fucked up. Have you been raped? Have you ever been deported? Why does something need to be directed at you to recognize its wrong. And if you post your thoughts on an open forum expect to be challenged. Its called discourse grown ups do it all the time.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

hmm thought it wasn't possible for black people to be racist (as stated so many times on this forum)

15. RicardoCooper

It's not a "discourse" if only one person is engaging in it, that would be you

Again, the Thought Policing is embarrassing

16. RicardoCooper

Not really sure when aesthetic choice became "racism" but carry on

17. K

K Well-Known Member

TDKs post "Interesting how a lot of you black men do not see the apparent and obvious racism here."

18. RicardoCooper

As I pointed out before, this issue is clearly personal for him hence him dragging it out

"Colorism" is not an issue I have to worry about, just plain old everyday Original Formula bigotry

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Empathy? Because someone feelings got hurt?

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Doesn't imply look alike and even if it did so what. Respect and rights are not a product of looks.