Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! He's the same hate-filled, self-serving, self-absorbed, racist, and generally horrible person he's always been. Just older. They (his supporters) can say what they want. As an individual, I can confidently say that he's the absolute last thing that me and mine need.

2. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

It was said that the election and reelection of Obama energized certain types of people. Trump fed into that. Personally, I don`t think most of the Republicans believe him but out of fear of becoming a minority they see him and his acolytes as the Great White Hope. It`s all based on fear.

3. DudeNY12

Agreed! The problem is that a high percentage of them have demonstrated that they're more than willing to remain in the subservient role to avoid his wrath/temper tantrums. This is especially the case with those such as Lindsay, Cruz and Rubio. Cruz should totally lose his man card, lol.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The Trumpsters/fools think he is God.

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220116_081402.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Othello1967

I can`t understand why a smart guy like Cruz wants to be included with the likes of Lindsay, Marjorie Taylor Green and Lauren Boebert. Maybe he is not as smart as he thinks.

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

No doubt about that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

One of the vicious cycles of pointing out what an obvious fraud and huckster Trump is is that many of his fans at least kind of know it, but they're in so deep at this point that it would just be too embarrassing and painful to admit.

I'm sure we've all had a friend (or ourselves, if we're honest) make a mistake some time, then feel embarrassed about it, so they double down, which only makes it worse, and so it gets even harder to admit their mistake, so they continue to insist they were right and it just spirals and gets dumber and stupider and everything would stop if they'd just admit they made a mistake and apologize -- I think this has happened to all of us, and It feels like we're pretty much experiencing that cycle on a national scale in the last 5 years.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There's being too embarrassed to admit making a mistake and then there's just embracing the fact that some people just aren't decent on any level. Anyone still doubling down & riding on the Trump Train at this point in time is the latter IMO.

10. DudeNY12

Agreed! It's funny how they were all against him, but then totally layed down and became unashamed Trump bitches

Many definitely are going to ride that runaway train to it's doom.

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20210210_165251.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Othello1967

At this point in his life I sincerely doubt he would even think that way. Apparently for most of his life he surrounded himself with people who were quite willing to massage his ego.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2022-02-01-20-30-42_(1).jpg

15. Othello1967

16. Othello1967

Did you see the movie "Idiocracy"? Politics today reminds me of that movie. Life is now imitating art

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If a penalty isn't applied it won't be because he played victim, it will just be the hypocrisy of those who have & still do enable him in order maintain & gain power coming into play. Same entitled & aggrieved fuckery that was going on before & during his presidency.

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Absolutely. I first watched it on DVD back in 08' a couple of years after it was released. I can't believe it was so slept on at the box office though because that is a brilliant piece of cinema right there.

There's so many parallels between the movie and what is slowly happening to society right before our eyes it's astonishing.

It was as hilarious as it was eye-opening and I would highly recommend it to anyone regardless of their political affiliation.

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This video clip from Akintunde sounds about right.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member