Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2021-02-21-02-47-43(1).jpg

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Are you saying that's accurate, especially of folks to the right? We all know there's plenty more than the simplistic bubble suggests.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And for those out there still under the foolhardy belief that Trumpism isn't a cult, they literally rolled out "the golden calf" in the form of Trump today at CPAC....

[​IMG]

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Seems legit to me. I consider leftists and conservatives the horseshoe (or circle). I like capitalism and don't mind guns, but both should be regulated. Batshit leftists think we are conservative, yet any actual progress i.e. law is made by us. All they are able to do is "start a conversation" or grift.

And no, populists can't tell the difference between liberals and leftists. During the campaign they tried to paint Sleepy Joe as a "radical" and tied AOC around his neck. They were probably being disingenuous asf but the notion is hilarious. Biden won, so you see how effective that message was.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Someone told me that voter suppression and redrawing of districts keeps TX red, but I sense there is no shortage of right-wing Trumpie morons there also.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20210228_182312.jpg

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2021-02-11-18-07-01(1).jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

AAA5DD1F-9899-4CB2-88C8-689A761DABCA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  9. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

So my best friend (who is also married to a black man) is pregnant, and we were talking about kids today. Both her kids (And mine, if I have any) will be considered "black" by much of society even though they are actually biracial.

What we were laughing about is how bad racist white guys screwed themselves over in the 1700s and 1800s when they declared any person with even 1/16th black heritage to be black. Great planning there, guys!

I mean, if you do believe there is a "race war," you can't pick a worse strategy. Imagine if there was a war between the blue team and the red team, and the red team declared, "We decree that if any person on the red team falls in love with a person the blue team, their children shall be declared members of the blue team." Red team just punching themselves in the face for no reason.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Good point but I think it was all about property. Can't allow the negroes to sex their way out of slavery or have any claims to property

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Looking back at old-timey racism with our modern sensibilities can sometimes make us misjudge the racial culture of those old times. When those old racist laws and policies were set in place the whole idea was to keep the white race "pure." Those old racists never considered that black people would ever be on equal footing with them. They especially never considered that a white woman and a black man could have a healthy and loving relationship with each other.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The brotha Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron is the favorite to replace McConnell in the U.S. Senate if McConnell doesn't finish his term.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I wouldnt call him a brotha quite frankly....Not all Skin Folk are Kin Folk and his no charges in that Breonna Taylor case marks him as quite frankly an Uncle Tom in my book.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20210305_090224.jpg

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20210318_183133.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List