Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I don’t mind rump roast even tho I rarely eat it. Guess it depends on how it’s cooked? :D

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Truth! I reached my max at 5'9.5" (always hoped for at 5'11). At my physical 8 months ago I was still at that height, but I'm preparing myself for losing height, but the thought sucks.

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

LOL! Good to know!

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

A man's height is so damn important everything from finding a mate to even jobs is effected by it. So glad I found a mate before shrinking lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. DudeNY12

I'm thinking that at 5'11... You're good, but not trying to jinx you.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think the jobs thing work in your favor as a black man. Short is less intimidating.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

One can only hope fam lol

8. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Shit I’m 5’11, just a shade under 6 foot. That’s a typical normal height. You be surprised how many woman prefer that over dudes that are 6’6 and higher. Been told it’s aesthetically pleasing when it comes to pictures and large groups. I dunno why we put so much stock into height as black men but we do.

9. DudeNY12

Oh, trust... I'm well aware of it. I hit my 5'9" in college, and I have to laugh because I've had a few women say to me stuff like... You just make the (height) cut and/or... I like guys over 6 feet tall, but in reality as long as I'm taller than she is. So...I'm thankful for my height, and I say to you taller brothas... Enjoy it...I'm not mad at ya.

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

This sums up those heightist women pretty well:

[​IMG]

:p

Like I've said before, I've always dated men of various heights. Some of the shorter men I've dated felt the need to exaggerate their heights a little bit. One man was at the most 5'6", but he said he was 5'8". I remember thinking, "Why is it some men feel the need to add extra inches to places where they don't exist." lol :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. DudeNY12

Funny, but I get it. I've heard from many women who express their frustration over men (especially on dating sites) who tend to add inches (and subtract weight). I guess my technical mind wouldn't allow me to do such as I'd quickly reason that... It becomes clearly obvious that he lied when they meet for the first time. That said... If I'm too short or have too much of a gut... I'd rather it be out there from the jump, and then we'll either proceed or we won't. If it's an old photo... I'll let them know, and also tell them that I'm X pounds heavier.

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It is what it is. I’m still tall where it counts, and I haven’t had any complaints on my height, so I’m good. I think if I were an uggo, broke, or out of shape I would probably have some issues. I’m glad that I know, and now I am just a short ball of muscles, lol.

13. meowkittenmeow

If it isn’t, no one will notice unless they look down at my short ass, lol

14. meowkittenmeow

Protect your knees and spine. I ran my body through a lot of abuse during my military career. You should be just fine.

15. Tamstrong

I imagine the whole thing is frustrating for both genders. I've never tried online dating, but I assume that kind of thing is somewhat common. It makes no sense for people to lie about that stuff, especially if they are serious in their search. It doesn't make a person look better, it makes them look like a lying asshole. Exactly...that's the way it should be; not being who the hell you are isn't doing anyone any favors.

16. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-5-8_10-22-7.gif

Us men... have a lot of ground to cover. After trial and error I’ve discovered the great mystery in life...

If you tell women the truth and you’re confident, good things happen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. Tamstrong

Mystery solved. lol

Yes indeed. ;)

18. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

If you are uggo, broke and out of shape height won’t fix that either. So like I said don’t worry. Anything more than 5’9 is optional. Height is overrated.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. It's the person, not his stats, that matters.

20. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Lol yup, we’ve all had to learn that shit the hard way. I look back at myself & all the stuff I thought I was slick about and I laugh