BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Netflix comedy series Friends from College, about a group of friends 20 years after they graduated Harvard, will be back on 11 January for its second season.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

New trailer for "Fam" dropped today:

3. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I Am The Night

Don't know much about this limited series. It looks pretty good actually. There is a scene in the trailer where the female lead kisses a brother and they are immediately interrupted by the cops: 0:22.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. ColiBreh1

New promo & BTS featurette for "Fam" ("Perfect Couple" promo starts at the
    beginning, while "Meet the Cast" featurette starts at the 1:00 mark):

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow that looked good! lol. I think the IR is limited, but regardless this looks pretty damn good.

6. darkcurry

This show premieres thursday night, right?

7. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

I hope gillin andrson have some ir she so hot

8. ColiBreh1

I'm almost halfway through the mid-season premiere episode of "God Friended Me" that aired earlier this week.
    Miles is still dating the cute lightskin/mixed DJ chick, but it looks like the amount of time that Miles spends with Cara is finally about to be an issue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I wish more shows would take the "Chuck" approach and just put the couple together. Sometimes there is a lot more fun to be had with a couple's struggles and partnership than the "will they wont they" trope.

10. ColiBreh1

I'm pretty sure on "Chuck", Chuck & Sarah didn't finally get together till at least end of season 3. That has to be the case because I started watching "Chuck" in the middle of Season 3 when Kristin Kreuk guest-starred for a few episodes to be a love interest for Chuck and they turned the will they/won't they between Chuck & Sarah into a love triangle.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

When I first heard the name "Patty Jenkins," I just knew it was a black chick. ...lol

12. ColiBreh1

Isn't Patty Jenkins the Director of the "Wonder Woman" film?

13. ColiBreh1

Watching the Pilot episode of "Fam" right now, what do y'all think about it?

I'm being reminded why I don't care for most traditional multi-cam laugh track sitcoms that premiered after the 90's. They feel so outdated & this isn't an exception.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I really tried to like it, but it is so cheesy I just can't.

15. ColiBreh1

I felt the same way when I watched the pilot of that "Happy Together" sitcom starring Damon Wayans Jr & Amber Stevens a few months ago. I'll stick with "Fam" as background TV though.

16. darkcurry

Yes!

17. darkcurry

I have to check it out, but it did pretty well in the ratings department beating out The Good Place in the ratings.

Which reminds me they need to change the time slot of The Good Place back or at least at 9 pm. Because it felt weird that it came on at 9:30 p.m. with SVU following afterwards at 10 p.m.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yup.

19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The formatting of it is silly like all live-studio audience sitcoms.The cast is great and Nina and Tone's chemistry is very good. The engagement announcement bit was actually funny, but all else was a snooze.

20. darkcurry

Yeah, the feel of it is something I think could've worked like maybe ten years ago where sitcoms in that format was still desirable. Now you have to excellent writing and comedic timing for that format to work nowdays.

We'll see how the rest of the season play out. I finally got done watching it this morning before coming here.