Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Many People already had coverage. Either through a job or through the State.

Why cant they just say first LGBT rights President. And leave it at that. Why the floating rainbow hat. Why Gay President.? Hmmmm!

What's hilarious about the "lazy boy" is that he's the most non-lazy 70 year-old person. People can keep up with him - everybody says it - the man never sleeps, his mind is always on and he's always on the go.

For your viewing pleasure :)
    [​IMG]
    Not lazy ^

Now, if anyone's lazy, it's a lot of Americans who don't want to even get up and change the channel.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Your president spends more time hanging out than actually working.
    You don't get points because you aren't in bed all day.
    If I spend all my time drinking at the bar instead of doing my damn job I guess I'm not lazy. Hell I can drink everyone under the table lol

Bliss is an amazing comedian she's wasting her time here lol

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He's your President, too. I never once said Obama wasn't mine. I could criticize him but l respect the Office and he was always my President. Say it with me, TDK...my President. Our President. Mr. Trump. o_O

5. The Dark King

Someone who is open opposition to the American people my people, who chooses to use the office to enrich himself has made it clear he had no interest in honoring the office. Deny it all you want but he's made it clear he only represents himself and the wealthy.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Enrich himself how? He declined the POTUS salary. Represent the wealthy how? He's trying to create jobs by removing stifling red tape and high Corporate taxes.

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

So..... are the jobs since 1/17 better jobs, seeing as #45 has been claiming credit since at least January???

8. The Dark King

Lol we both know you dont want a real answer because anyone with the slightest bit of decency would question why a man looking to do better for the country would hire people to head sectors of the government with absolutely no experience. The swamp he wanted to drain so badly is now worst than it ever was. Thanks Obama.... oh wait we can't say that anymore.
    Keep doing stand up boo

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Unlike every previous presidential candidate, Donald Trump has refused to divest himself from his business interests.
    Therefore his business interests profit from the free marketing and publicity he receives by sitting in the WH.

Trump was 'known' before. Now, he's the most famous person in the world. You don't think that helps the bottom line on his condos and hotels??

Trump has been in violation of the Constitution's Emoluments Clause from Day 1 because he refuses to divest himself from his business interests.
    That's called enriching one's self while in office.

And how does reducing corporate taxes increase worker wages AND jobs???

Trump hasn't done anything while in office to boost the economy except take credit for the job market and low unemployment Obama gave him. Now suddenly the job numbers are accurate because Trump is in office. Now the Dow Jones is supposed to be an accurate reflection on the health of the overall economy and not just the improved valuation of stock holders.

Trump said he saved jobs making Carrier stay in the U.S. instead of moving their manufacturing to Mexico.
    Guess what?? Carrier is still going to Mexico and cutting jobs.

Trump allegedly was supposed to bring a corporate expertise to the WH when it came to jobs and economics, and yet he can't get one major piece of legislation passed despite majorities in the House and Senate.

And since when did conservatives love executive orders??? I guess when the man signing them wasn't named Obama.
    What's different though is when BHO signed executive orders, it was a counter move against an obstructionist Congress.
    What's Trump's excuse???

11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Bliss, as John Adams once said during the legal trial of the Boston Massacre, "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence".

You are WRONG or just flat out LYING about the IRS, no proof that Obama's administration was involved in any wrongdoing by the IRS after MULTIPLE investigations. NO proof of hacking reporters emails, that would be an impeachable offense and the gop would have been licking their chops. No lies on the ACA, was he wrong to promise everyone could keep their plan and doctor? Yes clearly, but that was not the intent of the ACA, did you happen to notice the NUMEROUS town halls where citizens were PRAISING the ACA and did not want it removed? Benghazi, you must be joking, 8, count them EIGHT, congressional investigations, millions wasted with NO FIINDINGS OF WRONGDOING by OBAMA OR CLINTON. The billions paid to IRAN was money that ALREADY BELONGED to IRAN, not our $. Illegals, I refer you back to John Adams, just because the facts prove you wrong YET AGAIN on this issue Bliss, you cant wish them away.

Go to 2:20 of the video below, you might recognize yourself...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

What's annoying is Bliss has been told all this before and either refuses to check the facts on her own, or doesn't care about the truth because she's already decided for some bizarre reason that BHO is a liar and a snake and refuses to move from that position.

I'm really curious what her position is going to be when the Mueller report is released.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Look at that face he is making!

Lmfao! Get it fat Jesus!!

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Told what before, AB? Funny how you ignore what Loki has been told before.

You and He damn well know " Obama wasn't the "DEPORTER in Chief. Stop the nonsense. Just like with his fuzzy math 'employment numbers where if someone worked 6 hrs a week, they were counted.
    Not unlike, when a person was turned back at the border, they too were 'counted'.

Facts, l tell ya...

High deportation figures are misleading

WASHINGTON — Immigration activists have sharply criticized President Obama for a rising volume of deportations, labeling him the "deporter in chief" and staging large protests that have harmed his standing with some Latinos, a key group of voters for Democrats.

But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose.

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations.

If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

The shift in who gets tallied helped the administration look tough in its early years but now may be backfiring politically. Immigration advocates plan protests across the country this week around what they say will be the 2 millionth deportation under Obama — a mark expected to be hit in the next few days. And Democratic strategists fret about a decline in Latino voter turnout for this fall's election.

Until recent years, most people caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics.

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration and accelerated under Obama. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

...During the first two years after coming to office, Obama administration officials touted the record-setting deportation figures, hoping that strict enforcement at the border would convince Republicans to come to the negotiating table on immigration reform.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was "crowing" about the increasing deportations, said Marshall Fitz, an immigration expert at the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank in Washington.

The Homeland Security Department "was patting itself on the back for reaching these record numbers," Fitz said. "I think they thought it was important to show they were very serious about this."

In the Obama years, all of the increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom have just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category.

At the same time, the administration largely ended immigration roundups at workplaces and shifted investigators into targeting business owners who illegally hired foreign workers.

"If you are a run-of-the-mill immigrant here illegally, your odds of getting deported are close to zero — it's just highly unlikely to happen," John Sandweg, until recently the acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said in an interview.

Even when immigration officials want to deport someone who already has settled in the country, doing so is "virtually impossible" because of a lengthy backlog in the immigration courts, Sandweg said. Once people who have no prior removals or convictions are placed in deportation proceedings, actually removing them from the country can take six years or more in some jurisdictions, Sandweg said.

Deportations of people apprehended in the interior of the U.S., which the immigration agency defines as more than 100 miles from the border, dropped from 237,941 in Obama's first year to 133,551 in 2013, according to immigration data. Four out of five of those deportees came to the attention of immigration authorities after criminal convictions.

...The turn away from deporting immigrants from the interior of the country amounts to an open invitation for people to come to the U.S. on a legal visa and stay, said Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.).

"It just cannot be the policy of the U.S. that if somebody gets past the border and gets to St. Louis or Memphis or Austin, Texas, or New York, they are not going to be deported," Sessions said. "The administration is systematically failing to enforce immigration law uniformly."

http://www.latimes.com/local/#nt=tertiarynavbar

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:D Ah yes, but at least he's staying active and not on the Lazy boy.
    Give Trump and his rump a clap for effort.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Is Shaun King the only one in the public eye trying to get people to boycott the NFL??

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

And here are two more links addressing/clarifying/correcting/providing more context, to the claims made in that LA times link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexno...esident-obama-deporter-in-chief/#248e50c2514c

"There is a persistent myth that President Obama is systematically tearing down immigration enforcement. The Federation for American Immigration Reform's (FAIR) new report, “President Obama’s Record of Dismantling Immigration Enforcement,” is just the latest in a long list of publications propagating that myth.

According to FAIR, a group intent on decreasing all immigration because it’s bad for the environment, President Obama has systematically undermined the immigration laws of the U.S. In reality, President Obama has actually increased immigration enforcement and restricted legal immigration."

For a more nuanced look at criticisms on both sides of the issue, read the link below.

"Barack Obama was famously labeled “deporter in chief” by critics in the immigrant-rights community, even as enforcement-first advocates accused his administration of being soft on unauthorized immigrants. Which perception is accurate? With the Obama presidency just ended, a closer examination demonstrates the administration’s record is more nuanced than either criticism would imply."

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/obama-record-deportations-deporter-chief-or-not

Even those opposed to Obama have admitted "Immigration activists repeated named Obama the "Deporter in Chief." Were they right? Strictly speaking, yes: More human beings were deported under Obama than any other presidency in history." https://fee.org/articles/was-obama-really-the-deporter-in-chief-not-even-close/

Regardless of how you crunch/manipulate the numbers, what definitions you use, returns vs. removals, vs. deportations, what is an unassailable FACT Bliss is that your claims of Obama's administration being lax on illegal immigration with open borders (as part of some imaginary conspiracy to destroy America) is FALSE on every level.

Since you refuse to believe me or anyone else here on this issue, perhaps you will believe Trump himself

Go to 6:38 "President Obama has moved millions of people out. Nobody knows about it. Nobody talks about it. But under Obama, millions of people have been moved out of this country. They've been deported," Trump said"

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Talcum X is at it again

Good luck with that

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

You guys have the patience of Job. Facts bounce off her fat ass like bullets off Supergirl. She's obviously trolling at this point, why even engage her

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

As I have said before, the very nature of politics lends itself to misleading, specious, and nuanced statistics/information, which can easily sway people's bias/opinions unless they are very vigilant in seeking out multiple sources of information, while developing strong skills of discernment, or an old political junkie like myself who has been in the trenches on both the state and national level.

When I respond to Bliss it is 99% to make sure others who may be reading get the full facts and context, not just right wing talking points/opinions/conspiracy theories, and 1% hoping to have a reasonable dialogue with Bliss