WW/BM in advertisements

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by xoxo, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Angelika

Angelika New Member

Someone has probably linked to this already. From a swedish humour-program called Grotesco. Not translating everything but the title is "Mix it up" and they sing "take a black man between your thighs".

Remember seeing this for the first time and thought I was dreaming. And oh, broadcasted on a public service-channel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDMGu-xi30

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Tack for that You Tube video Angelika.

3. chamber

chamber Active Member

Nice interracial family star in British TV licence commercial
    [YOUTUBE]/5RTq1JKK18g[/YOUTUBE]

4. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

Good find. Would rep you if I could.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

TV license?

6. chamber

chamber Active Member

It is a tax you pay for when you own a television in the UK which goes towards funding public television, radio, film, websites, streaming, ect. The main bulk of it goes towards the BBC.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

IR Cheerios Family Part 2

[YOUTUBE]LKuQrKeGe6g[/YOUTUBE]

As of right now the Youtube comment section is still on, but I won't be looking at 'em.​

8. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

switch the genders and the same haters would suddenly become happy.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Love it! :smt038

"Daddy" is a cutie, too...love his dimples! :smt049

Good for you, Thump! The comments aren't worth reading, and the haters and their negativity aren't worth wasting time or focus on. We should embrace the positive and refuse to let the negativity take away from it. :smt023

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Kudos to Cheerios for doing this again lol

It's a real in your face move

11. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Didn't see it that way at all.

Just a guy coming onto a girl, with race being no factor at all. Just how it's supposed to be.

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Beautiful commercial and SO happy to see general mills/cheerios airing this during something as huge as the superbowl. :heart:

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Time to buy some damn Cheerio stock

14. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That's too bad in this case, because 99.999% are simply awesome! I have yet to read a racist/bigoted one so far (I stopped at 200). In fact, I have never read so many beautiful, heartwarming, supportive, congratulatory, approving messages on a Tubetube page - ever! :smt057 This is why it's still up - Cheerios must be super excited to see such an overwhelming positive response to their new Ad! Reading them made me smile so hard and makes me believe we are winning...the haters have all but disappeared back under their rocks.

16. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt043

Now i wonder who'd say something that stupid.?

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that. It's nice to know that positivity can still win on the internet sometimes.

18. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

:heart: good for cheerios coming back with a sequel...love the little girl negotiating a puppy...sooooooooooooooo smart

so far the Budweiser commercial is my fav SB commercial but this is fabulous

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Aww, totally agree! I just saw it last night for the first time. Too cu-utte! Had me choking by the end... love horsies and puppies! :smt055

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does rear its beautiful head sometimes. :smt001