Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

How sad Tam....prayers to you and your friend and her family.

2. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

How awful! Tam, a big hug for you. I'm sorry for your loss.
    May she rest in peace.

3. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Sorry about your friend Tammy. Prayers goes out to her family and everyone close to her. May her soul rest in peace.

4. ChocolateLoverTrish

ChocolateLoverTrish New Member

Sorry about your loss, Tammy. You are deeply in my prayers.

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, y'all, much appreciated.

6. Unique4ever

Do you know what happened? Was it a stroke?

7. Tamstrong

I don't know yet, but they did an autopsy Friday. She had MS and the chronic pain that went with it and some other issues, but I guess we'll find out what happened soon enough. She was only 40.

8. Unique4ever

:sad: So sad and scary.
    A girl I worked with had a stroke last year and she was only 30. She fell in a koma and never woke up again.
    Stories like that scare me a lot even though I'm trying to live a healthy life.
    Guess we just have to appreciate every day....

9. Tamstrong

Extremely sad & scary...it made me not want to go to sleep the night I found out. We definitely need to appreciate every day we're blessed with because we never know which one will be our last.

10. Unique4ever

I don't blame you. I had nights like that in the past as well.
    And now you are sick on top of that, which is probably not helpful.
    I hope you will get better soon.
    I can't rep you again any time soon, but if you ever need someone to talk, don't hesitate to use my yahoo contact, ok? Big hug for you!

11. Tamstrong

My kiddo was injured at work and ended up with a concussion. Please help me pray that he has a speedy recovery. Sometimes that kid worries me to damn death, but thankfully it wasn't worse than it was (good thing he has a hard head).

Thanks, Unique. I appreciate the offer, and I'm also around if you ever need someone to talk to. I'm still dealing with the cold, but I am feeling much better.

12. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Wishing and Praying for your son's speedy recovery. Im glad to read it wasn't too severe cause I know how bad concussions can be. So lets hope with alittle bit of rest he'll be back up and running good as new. Good luck to you and yours Tammy.

13. Tamstrong

Thank you, sweetness. Much appreciated. :smt058

14. TCFLORIDAGIRL

Most definately sending prayers your way....you have been through so much lately girl...not only sending prayers for your son, but for you also...!

15. Tamstrong

Thank you, my sweet sister. :smt058 The prayers are greatly appreciated.

Even with everything that's been going on, I feel blessed. My life being turned upside down is something I'm glad happened. It's been extremely tough with the lay-off & all the crap that came with it, but it's given me an escape from a miserable situation and a chance to start over. After life levels back out again, I'll be in a much better & much happier position.

I have my bad days, but I also have more happiness than I've had in a long time. I'm tired, but my mind & spirit feel like they're coming back to life...like i told someone yesterday, I haven't felt this creative in years. I'm loving this opportunity to reconnect with myself and not being tied to what I do for a living (my job had become who I was & it sucked). Yes, I'd love to be doing what I'm passionate about for a living, but until that happens I'm at least now in a job I enjoy and that doesn't intrude on my life the way my old one did.

God has never failed me, and I need to do a better job remembering that. I'm also trying to stop being so hard on myself and show myself more love than I was when I was so down and stuck in the rut I was in...I'm treating myself much better these days.

16. TCFLORIDAGIRL

You are a very smart woman Tam and as long as you continue your walk with the Lord you know all will be well...I too love my walk with him and will continue until it's time for him to take me home... :p

17. Tamstrong

Thanks, girl (right back at you)...I try, but I could probably stand to be a bit smarter sometimes. lol I love walking with Him too, and I'm especially thankful He's always been willing to walk with me even when I've wandered off and had to find my way back.

18. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

......Even in your dissertation, your words serve to keep other Christians vigilant.....Thank-you for speaking up to the faithfulness of our Lord.....I would rep you if I could......

19. Tamstrong

Thanks for the thought, Arch. :freehug: I know it helps me to be reminded of God's love and goodness, and I'm glad to hear sharing how He's blessed me has a positive effect on my brothers and sisters.

20. Tamstrong

My son had to go back to the emergency room tonight because of the concussion he got at work a few weeks ago. From my own experience with concussions I knew it would take a bit before he started feeling better, but he's not doing as well as I thought he would be by now. He was feeling & looking bad enough, I was able to talk him into going to the hospital.

The ER doctor referred him to a local neurologist to have an MRI ordered to see if there's a slow brain bleed going on...according to the doctor, his symptoms indicate that may be a possibility. He did also say that my son may just be one of those people who take a while to bounce back from a head injury. Of course my son didn't pay much attention to that part, and he's freaking out. For his sake I'm trying to keep my composure, but it's easy. Please help me pray that my baby will be okay.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013