Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Someone we all know is currently in the hospital now and she's in the ER at this time. SKJgal101 vomited blood earlier this week and she was taken to the hospital. Last night, I've received a message stating the following:

So, please keep her in your thoughts in hopes she gets better. I'm confident in her getting better, but...I'm still worried about her health overall. So, please everyone here, give her the strength and courage to get well. She's been a real trooper and it would be damning if she lost her life at such a young age...and when she's turning 18 on October 18th.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I will pray for her, BBW. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do so. Please keep us updated. (I will pray for you too, as I can tell you are worried.) Truly hoping she will get good care & treatment.

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

alexis, praying for you...

How are you doing, alexis? I know you are grieving the loss of your stepdad, but I pray you are finding comfort in being with your family. Let us know how you are doing...

4. Morning Star

I have a heavy heart today...not just for that, but some personal issues at home from a more destructive nature. I really hate this shit sometimes.

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Holding you up in prayer...if you need someone to talk to, YM me.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Will do, BBW. I've got her in my thoughts & prayers that she'll have a full & speedy recovery. Thoughts & prayers for you, too. Please, keep us posted.

7. Morning Star

Thanks. :) Much appreciated.

Will do. Between that and my family issues, I'm surprised I haven't snapped to the brink of insanity.

8. Tamstrong

I understand what that's like. Hang in there.

9. Morning Star

Oh hopefully today things will get better. But more so, I just hope Sarah (SKJ) recovers. She's at the ER now and apparently it would take a week until she's home or more. Worrisome indeed...

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Does she have a chronic condition?

11. Morning Star

I wish I had a concrete idea. But from the looks of it all, between I can only say that high amounts of stress is the main contributor to her problem.

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

My first thoughts after reading this was ulcer (vomiting blood) and panic attacks (breathing probs) but neither would require a week-long stay in the hospital. Well, I will just pray - God knows. :D

13. Morning Star

This has been continuous since she and I started chatting. I guess we just have to wait and see. But thank you for your consideration. You're a sweetheart. I have an idea on what to do. This should be something sweet.

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I have found that I love praying for people. I imagine that I am holding a person who is hurting or sick or suffering in the palm of my hand, like a fragile treasure that is broken. And I offer it up to my Heavenly Father and ask him to heal the brokenness, as only he can.

15. Morning Star

UPDATE: SKJgal101 is finally home...safe and sound!

They've released her 3 hours ago and she's a lot better now. I'm very happy for the recovery. And thank you all for listening and sending out your heart and thoughts. :)

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you, God! Hope this helps relieve some of the heaviness in your heart, BBW. Continuing to pray for you...

17. Tamstrong

Awesome news! :smt038

18. Morning Star

I still have my own heavy heart woes, but it's more to do with a combination of things: family related and personal.

I'll live though. Thanks for your consideration.

When she signs back on here, you all should ask her how she's feeling. :) She's still a little woozy from the surgery, but she'll be back to snuff in a few days.

19. AL JAHIZ

AL JAHIZ New Member

BBW ...tell Skjgal101...that I wish her well and that im praying for her.

20. AL JAHIZ

AL JAHIZ New Member

Alexis...your dad is good guy and was positive addition into your life...God bless you and I will pray for him by way of affirmation..take care & be strong.