BM/WW Celebrity Families with children

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by xoxo, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

My favorite singer:

[​IMG]

I think shes one of the cutest kids:

[​IMG]

2. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Nice. I was gonna post these. Good to see you are on the case.

3. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

You know how we do....;)

4. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

5 guests??

5. LA

LA Well-Known Member

lol, they've been here for a while now.

Must be doing some extensive research on this thread.

6. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

xo...i've been able to find this pic of rick worthy with a ww. not sure if it's his wife & if they have kids...are you able to work your magic and find anything out...??? xx

[​IMG]

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Her daughter. :heart:

8. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

It's not always about them not wanting to be black. Many are just not raised with notion of race as we are in the US and it many countries they are considered white. Take puerto Rico for example. Like the US had the one drop rule placing people that were up to 1/16 black into the black category PR had a rule saying that if you were at least 1/4 white you was white. Neither way was accurate.

9. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

She's beautiful. She reminds me of Rashida Jones.

10. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure in what context I said this and I'm not going back to check, but certainly one becomes aware of the racial situation in the U.S and how they are seen in it.

11. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Tis why I don't think most Latinos claim to be white in the US. But I don't see why just b/c they come to the US they would need to start seeing themselves as black just b/c they have black ancestry.

12. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

I'm not saying they need to. I believe in self identity, not self denial; which is the issue with many Hispanics/Latino's when they assert their identity based on ancestry.

13. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Could you further explain what you mean b/c I don't quite follow. They identify based on ethic heritage rather than racial heritage just as many people around the world do. There is different scenarios for different Latinos but let me bring up two. Let's take a non black Puerto Rican for example that you can tell has some color. They identify as Puerto Rican not black but in the US they may be classified as black. In fact their likely to have black ancestry somewhere but probably more much more white ancestry that black. Black Americans might consider them to be in self denial of their blackness. But truth alot hispanic folks don't even know their racial ancestry. So why should they have to claim to be black just b/c possibly they have black somewhere back or even if they know they have a great great great grandparent? The other scenario I often hear of is black Latino's or even non Latinos from places like the Caribbeans don't identify as AA. But they aren't AA so they shouldn't have to identify as that. I could see the point in they are denying they are black but I think sometimes you have to look deeper into what someone is saying they may just be trying to separate themselves from AA which is a totally different ethnic group then what they are.

14. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

We were following in the context of a racially based U.S classification system and how Hispanics (who may identify another way) respond to it. A familiar ID option given is White Hispanic or Black Hispanic. My assertion is that many Hispanic and Latino's will assert an ethnic identity within the US context based on the fact that they do not have African ancestry. So it's not "I'm not racially Black because I identify this way", it is "I'm not racially Black because I don't have African ancestry", the latter being a statement made in the context of how race works in the U.S.... and of course it's denial and pure BS when many assert this.

15. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

In my experience many of those that identify as white latino know and will tell you they have black ancestry or that b/c so and so in their family is dark they think they do but they identify as white latino b/c that is the majority of their racial makeup.

16. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

I've heard that as well, unprompted by me, because I really don't care. I'm speaking about the Hispanics/Latino's who have discernible African ancestry, those who have to assert their non Blackness in the American context. Many do by fudging "racial" ancestry instead of asserting an ethnic identity sans race.

17. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

I got nothin so far, dont have have my pc online at the moment though.

18. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

thanks for trying xo...!!! :prayer:

19. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

promo shots for the new season

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]