Congressman Ford

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by z, Jun 22, 2009.

1. z

z Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Harold Ford Jr. and fiance Emily Threlkeld

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I thought they already got married.

3. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Sistas in Tennessee must have been in an uproar when they first saw this PYWT.

4. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

I thought they were married already myself. But this is old news. And if I remember correctly, several colleagues and various folks warned him of how this marriage may negatively affect his political career.

5. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I don't know why.

I don't get it.

He's 1/2 black, 1/2 white, so, BW should expect he be with BW for the most part?

6. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Yeah but he & his family consider themselves black of course and remember he ran in the great state of Tennessee:smt028 so they used this against him & he lost in a close race.

7. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but this dude either move to another state - possibly a more tolerant one - or forget about his statewide political ambitions.

8. JamalSpunky

I haven't done the math but I know both of his parents are black.

9. JamalSpunky

He wasn't even involved with his current "boo" when he lost that race. But yes his opponents did use a clip of a white woman talking about him being cute as well as reports of trips to the Playboy mansion to scare folks that he was on the prowl for white women. Nonetheless he retained his dignity and he lost a very close race. Right now he heads the DNC I think.

10. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Yeah? I thought he was biracial.

11. z

z Well-Known Member

Both parents are blk.

12. genelgnd

genelgnd New Member

Race should never be an issue if you like someone I am sure he doesn't care about all this other hype he has someone in his life he really seems to like. When you limit who you date becasue or race you limit the possibility of finding somone great.

13. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

It is a stretch to say that both of his parents are "black." They both identify as black but his dad Harold Ford Sr. looks like.....

[​IMG]

And this is what it takes to even have a CHANCE at winning in Tennessee..

[​IMG]

personally, any state near Appalachia is probably harder for a black candidate to win than the deep South states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia etc. because the black populations are higher and more spread out and less concentrated

14. Bazz

Bazz New Member

He may run again but right now he's enjoying himself and the payroll from being a commentator on MSNBC. So he probably isn't worried about what his prospects are in Tennessee at this moment.

15. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Did he get married yet?

16. z

z Well-Known Member

I heard folks saying he did.

17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

That's what I was thinking. He's got a cushy gig where he really doesn't have to do a whole lot other than sit in a studio and talk to people.

And he's got a nice hot lil blonde on his arm too? I couldn't hate if I wanted to.:smt023