Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Here is one I had in my notifications queue for Netflix that I just checked out last night. It starts off slow but does enough to hold your interest. The YA daughter of the protagonist has begun dating a multiple Olympic Gold Medalist Gymnastic champion of African descent but probably would be classified in South African society as coloured I think?

LUDIK:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm watching "Meet the Blacks 2" right now:

11 minutes in & 1 distracting plot point is that they're supposed to be living in a bad inner-city hood, but their neighborhood looks like a middle-class suburb & the interior of their house is too nice for me to believe this is the hood. The neighborhood they shot this film at doesn't match the plot. LOL!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

You can have huge houses in the hood. ATL has plenty of huge houses

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

WRITE PLACE WRITE TIME Trailer (2022) Kaitlyn Leeb, Romantic Movie

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Wait, so does dude's wife get it on with Katt Dracula? Spoil it for me, please (just use spoiler tags lol)

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I will forever *recall* her as the three titted chick from that Total Recall remake lol

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  7. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I understand the Margot Robbie and John David Washington characters in upcoming move Amsterdam will fall in love

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!
    I was hoping her or Anya Taylor Joy would go that route. That's at least 4 ww/bm TV roles for Margot now. I was already planning to see this movie, now I'm more motivated. Here's hoping they don't depress me with the ending lol

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Okay, so they fully just showed the entire movie in that trailer. You literally don't even need to watch the larger movie if you watch that trailer. Of course, nothing in the plot is surprising at all anyway, once you know the set up. But still! lol

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I thought you like spoilers. lol.

It looks okay flick to check out on the whim or if nothing else is on.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Well it's a bit more nuanced than that LOL. I probably will still check it out if I can find where it's streaming.

12. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

I'm watching Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, and I spotted an IR couple in the opening scene in the cafe/restaurant between Dumbledore and Grindelwald.

• List
  13. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

There is a Lifetime movie called Dying For A Crown with Catherine Daddario sister of Alexandra Daddario and her eventual love interest is a Black guy who is the most popular/coolest guy in the school.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

15. Young Herschel

This looks very promising!!

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

French Film released in 2020
    De L'or pour les Chiens.(Gold for Dogs)

Esther follows her crush from the south of France to Paris at summer's end.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The spell over her is broken before he can get with her.

• List
  18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That was one hilarious flick.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Love to see that flick.

20. Young Herschel

Everyone should go to twitter and thank Lifetime for this wwbm representation. This is not the kind of movie that "Lifetime" has traditionally financed and produced: "Dying for a Crown" has a white actress protagonist and a delayed IR storyline that culminates in . . . well . . . as young black men we have not historically nor contemporaneously been so prudently and realistically enabled to assume our rightful place as the Alpha Male with a healthy high school libido if you know what I mean ;)